Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall LE asking if anyone had picked up someone hitchhiking along the highway carrying a backpack? This was soon after the murders.
Not sure if I'm mixing this case up with another.

If true, what happened? Was a backpack ever recovered?

MOO
Yes, I remember that LE was asking for anyone who had picked up a hitchhiker to contact them in the days after the murders.

This question is for those more familiar with criminal patterns. There are a lot of comments about this crime being planned, murder kits, disguises, fantasizing, serial killer behavior, etc. To my amateur eye, I don't see that. I see somebody who took a big chance and the whole thing was over in probably less than 30 minutes, including time walking to the spot. I understand we don't know all the information, but do the known details of the crime fit into all the psychological patterns being discussed? An honest question.

Well they must have his DNA, but I think he is too young and most likely not connected. He was arrested almost two years ago so I would think they don't suspect him.
Is he from Delphi?

That occurred in Jeffersonville Indiana which is a long way from Delphi. Metro Louisville Kentucky area.

And, as I’m not tech savvy, I’ll have to genuinely ask this - but if this guy was tech savvy and had her phone, could he not delete stuff from her cloud using her phone?

Yes, highly likely he’d do that. I have searched in the past and never have I been successful in finding any mention of iCloud associated to this case, other than by discussion. It’s possible Libby saved important files or photos to a home computer.

Even if she did backup to iCloud it’s often done manually or backup at weekly intervals so just my opinion considering the battery power it requires, it’d be unlikely a 14 year old would see the need for immediate iCloud backup even if she used the service.

Last edited:
thoughts only, speculation, moo

After watching BG for way too many loops, I'm now of the opinion that if he didn't have the blue coat on and were instead just wearing a brown hoodie, he would appear younger. There's a second in the video where he does appear younger for a couple of frames. We've remarked that in the previous stills we had he looked different ages in each, it's odd yet... he does kind of look like 2 different people in the same 2 seconds or whatever is just released. I think maybe the blue coat is "aging" his look possibly.

I also don't think he's about to turn around on the bridge. I think he's just moving over a bit because of the condition of the bridge. To avoid a gap or something.

And last thought for now, the idea of him possibly having a car now kind of changes the scenarios a bit for me. In my mind, it seemed like he had somehow walked in and out of there because they never had car information that we were told about. Does it make more sense that he would have been trying to take them to a different location and they knew to fight or run and he quickly lost control and murdered them there instead. Maybe he was so angry that they had ruined it he... did terrible things afterwards before leaving them there and getting back to the vehicle by himself.

I don't think there was sexual assault on either girl - I don't think that is a part of BG's makeup. Based on what is known regarding the relative swiftness and brutality of the murders, I think it was a methodical act, driven by some deep seated anger/personal conflict that probably goes way back in his life, and that he has yet to resolve.

Coupled with this, I think we will discover some of the following:
  1. that he is likely from Indiana or an adjacent state, but has strong ties to Delphi
  2. is a young adult pursuing a specific career path, which may or may not be of his own choosing
  3. between school and/or job training, he "floats" in and out of the Delphi community
  4. on the surface, is very personable, has many friends & contacts, and overall, a seemingly normal life, but . . .
  5. . . . has some deep seated conflict he can't seem to resolve, maybe tied to his career path and/or personal life, which . . .
  6. . . . somehow, psychologically, drove him to commit this act, to "boil over" so-to-speak, in an effort to release his frustration, anger, confusion, emotional pain, etc.
Just thinking out loud.
I am thinking along the same lines. I also think that he was very familiar with the Monon High Bridge trail and surroundings and that he led the girls down the hill, across the creek, to a secluded area that he was already familiar with. I don't know if he targeted Libby and Abby specifically or if he came across them and took the opportunity. In any case, I believe he went to the trail to commit a heinous act. I think the bulge under his jacket was a weapon and/or gear for this purpose.

Yes, I understand, I just meant that I didn't think it necessarily means the murder itself was quick. "Minutes" can be 20 or 30 minutes which could mean that he didn't murder them right by the bridge, but spent 10 minutes walking them to another location, further in the woods and near the creek where they were found.
I was just trying to say that I don't think he acted in an out of control rage. I believe it was more deliberate and controlled. Imo

His image on the bridge seems to support that. He seems calm.

It’s very difficult to search through prior LE press conferences, interviews and Q and A so I don’t have a link at hand but I’m 99% certain it’s been clearly stated by LE that when the audio of “down the hill” was recorded they believe the girls were at the end of the bridge.
It's very possible, I was watching a video I think it was the true crime daily one i posted a few pages back where LE said that time stamps weren't really reliable.

After watching BG for way too many loops, I'm now of the opinion that if he didn't have the blue coat on and were instead just wearing a brown hoodie, he would appear younger. There's a second in the video where he does appear younger for a couple of frames. We've remarked that in the previous stills we had he looked different ages in each, it's odd yet... he does kind of look like 2 different people in the same 2 seconds or whatever is just released. I think maybe the blue coat is "aging" his look possibly.

I also don't think he's about to turn around on the bridge. I think he's just moving over a bit because of the condition of the bridge. To avoid a gap or something.

And last thought for now, the idea of him possibly having a car now kind of changes the scenarios a bit for me. In my mind, it seemed like he had somehow walked in and out of there because they never had car information that we were told about. Does it make more sense that he would have been trying to take them to a different location and they knew to fight or run and he quickly lost control and murdered them there instead. Maybe he was so angry that they had ruined it he... did terrible things afterwards before leaving them there and getting back to the vehicle by himself.

He was wearing old man clothes either as a disguise or he dresses like this all the time or borrowed someone's clothes to commit the crime.

Maybe the phone was accidentally left recording. I do it all the time. Stick it in my pocket after taking a photo or video only to take it out again and see I left it on the whole time while in my pocket. I end up with an entire conversation recorded, or some bad car ride sing alongs, entire tv show.... it happens :)

Yes, I remember that LE was asking for anyone who had picked up a hitchhiker to contact them in the days after the murders.
I wonder if that was the guy who was seen on the highway that the first sketch was based on?
Although that wasn't reported until five months later so I guess not. Imo

Last edited:
DELPHI, Ind. -- If you saw a hitchhiker or somebody walking along roads in Delphi last week, the police would like to talk to you. You could help find who killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

Police are asking the public to try and remember if you saw somebody Monday, Feb. 13 in the late afternoon or evening.

"We're asking people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or someone walking. We're asking people that live in Logansport all the way to Lafayette, if they saw somebody late that afternoon, that evening of Monday the 13th, if they saw somebody walking down the roadway that just did not look like they should be there, or they're just a hitchhiker, we would like to talk to that person," said Sgt. Kim Riley, Indiana State Police.

See somebody walking near Delphi? Call police

Feb 20, 2017

This question is for those more familiar with criminal patterns. There are a lot of comments about this crime being planned, murder kits, disguises, fantasizing, serial killer behavior, etc. To my amateur eye, I don't see that. I see somebody who took a big chance and the whole thing was over in probably less than 30 minutes, including time walking to the spot. I understand we don't know the details, but does the quickness of the crime fit into all the psychological patterns being discussed? An honest question.
I think this guy is disorganized, based on exactly what you say: “He took a big chance.”

An attack on two teenage girls in broad daylight, is the definition of reckless and brazen.

I think this would have been over quickly, and likely included a great deal of violence.

This is a hallmark of disorganized offenders.

He couldn’t use wit and charm to get what what he wanted; he needed to use fear and force (perhaps a weapon), to gain compliance.

A more organized offender wouldn’t take these risks, or have to commit a crime this way.

I don’t think there was much planning here, or that he selected these girls out in advance.

He’s probably not smart enough for that.

I think this was fairly spontaneous, as he likely has poor self control.

He’s not some criminal mastermind, rather, he’s one lucky SOB.

BBM. I've thought about Lyric and Elizabeth a lot since this latest development. Their murders were in 2012. If BG were involved, he'd have to be out of the late teen to early 20's age range for the Delphi murders because he would have been a young to middle teen himself at the time of the Iowa murders. Barely old enough to drive back then. If he were a licensed driver (say 17) at the time of the Iowa murders that would put him about 23 at youngest for the Delphi murders.

Thanks for doing the math!!

Can you link the podcast? I can’t find it. I’m wondering why they’re still using the video if he’s been cleared.
So I skipped ahead about 3 pages so don't know if this was covered but I listened to the podcast someone linked and it was stated in the podcast by the former FBI profilers that the first (now abandoned) sketch of the suspect was someone the police arrested (a sex offender) recently and he was determined not to be the killer, which is why they switched to the new sketch. Anyone have a link for this information? I haven't heard of it before. TIA

Here are my thoughts on BG and this case. Unfortunately, I don’t think LE has any DNA on him. I’m on the fence if it was sexually motivated or not. Whether it was or wasn’t, I don’t think he had the time to do anything sexually. He had on layers of clothes, probably gloves as well, and was dealing with 2 seemingly strong girls. I think LE would have good, useful DNA if there had been any kind of sexual assault and he would probaby be in the system.

I think he sounds and looks extremely calm and confidant. He doesn’t appear to be in a hurry or frazzled at all. I think he’s in his early to mid 30’s and carries a badge. This could be any type of official looking badge from a PO to a park ranger to an FDA inspector, to a Federal RR investigator, etc.... He could have flashed his badge, said “down the hill” and I think the girls would have gone quietly. Of course this is all JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288