GUILTY Canada - Jasmine Lovett, mid 20s, and daughter, 2, Calgary, 16 April 2019 *Arrest*

Calgary police say missing woman, toddler likely murdered

An online purchase was made from Lovett’s bank account on April 18, but Schiavetta said officers have been unable to determine whether she was the one who made it or where the item was delivered.

Police have been in touch with Aliyah’s biological father, who is not the suspect, and he is being co-operative, Schiavetta said.

The incident is not believed to be random.

Schiavetta said the suspect was arrested in Cranston around 11 a.m. Thursday and knows the mother and daughter, but he would not say how.

Her FB (last public post was April 9, 2019):

https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.l.lovett

Her page has lots of pictures of her daughter, some of herself, and some pictures with a significant other. The last post with a photo of her significant other was June 2, 2018. On August 28, 2017, she posted a photo of a ring, and said that he had proposed to her, and that she had said yes. Her daughter was born June 2, 2017, according to another FB post.

she looks like she is first nations. FWIW i saw an article that LE believe its now a double homicide :*( let me go back and find the link.

Timeline in article and search of restroom off highway and several properties.

Search for missing mother and child continues in Cranston and Bragg Creek areas

Calgary police are continuing to focus on two areas in their search for a mother and her child reported missing earlier this week who are now believed to be deceased.

Searchers are scouring the southeast neighbourhood of Cranston, where Jasmine Lovett, 25, lived with her 22-month-old daughter, Aliyah Sanderson, as well as wooded areas around Bragg Creek and Priddis, particularly a public restroom along Highway 66.

Police are also searching around several properties about 10 kilometres to the east of that, saying they were led to the areas after analyzing electronic devices like cell phones, though they wouldn’t say who those belong to.

Timeline of events:
April 16 – The last time anyone heard from Jasmine Lovett.

April 18 – The last time Lovett’s bank card was used, however they don't know who used it.

April 23 – Lovett and her daughter reported missing after failing to attend family dinner.

April 24 – Police appeal to the public for help finding them.

April 25 – Suspect taken into custody in Cranston.

– Police begin search of Cranston and Bragg Creek/Priddis area.

Bragg Creek property owners asked to look around

View attachment 181157

Where they lived. It looks like row housing bordered by freeways on three sides. Is this subsidized housing? Who in their right mind puts low income housing (or row housing) in the middle of a bunch of freeways?

View attachment 181158
I live in the next neighbourhood over and Cranston absolutely does not have low income housing. There are million dollar homes. I actually drove through yesterday going to my dog groomers and didn't see any police. Also, the main road there is just a blvd through the neighbourhood, not a freeway.

Same suspect or new one?

‘Primary suspect’ released as police continue search for Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson

The Calgary Police Service said Thursday they had a suspect in custody who was being questioned, but in a Friday news release, stated the man had been released and no charges were laid.

“However, he remains the primary suspect in the case,” CPS said.

Police are asking the public for information specifically around a man in his mid-30s driving a grey luxury SUV in the Bragg Creek and/or East Kananaskis area between April 16 and April 18. Investigators believe the man may have been alone or with either one of the victims and may have been carrying mulch.

It’s believed the man was in the Fullerton Loop/Elbow Falls area between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 18.

More than 50 police officers are involved in an extensive search in the Bragg Creek and Priddis area after cellphone pings led investigators to believe evidence may be in the area.

The search involves officers from the CPS mounted unit, public safety unit, patrol and HAWCS along with RCMP members, local search and rescue groups and officers from Alberta Fish and Wildlife.

Property owners in the Bragg Creek area are still being asked to check their property for anything suspicious, “especially if any new mulch has been dumped between Tuesday, April 16 and Saturday, April 20.”

Josie Sanderson said Lovett and her brother broke up several months ago, and that Lovett started a relationship with another man. She said she knows little about the new boyfriend and hasn’t heard from Lovett in months.

She called Lovett a good mother.

“She would never put her daughter in any danger willingly.”

Sanderson, who lives in St. Catharines, Ont., has never met Aliyah in person, but used to video chat with her niece and described her a happy and smart child. More in article..
https://www.ckom.com/syn/648/511411...ed-to-missing-calgary-toddler-and-her-mother/

Same suspect or new one?

‘Primary suspect’ released as police continue search for Jasmine Lovett, Aliyah Sanderson

The Calgary Police Service said Thursday they had a suspect in custody who was being questioned, but in a Friday news release, stated the man had been released and no charges were laid.

“However, he remains the primary suspect in the case,” CPS said.

Police are asking the public for information specifically around a man in his mid-30s driving a grey luxury SUV in the Bragg Creek and/or East Kananaskis area between April 16 and April 18. Investigators believe the man may have been alone or with either one of the victims and may have been carrying mulch.

It’s believed the man was in the Fullerton Loop/Elbow Falls area between 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 18.

More than 50 police officers are involved in an extensive search in the Bragg Creek and Priddis area after cellphone pings led investigators to believe evidence may be in the area.

The search involves officers from the CPS mounted unit, public safety unit, patrol and HAWCS along with RCMP members, local search and rescue groups and officers from Alberta Fish and Wildlife.

Property owners in the Bragg Creek area are still being asked to check their property for anything suspicious, “especially if any new mulch has been dumped between Tuesday, April 16 and Saturday, April 20.”

Mulch? Did he cover their bodies with mulch so he didn't have to dig? If he was too lazy to dig, I'm guessing he was too lazy to stray far from the road or parking lot.

upload_2019-4-26_16-30-0.png

And notice it's a grey luxury SUV. Mulch in a luxury SUV. Very strange.

... and then there's this: " Investigators believe the man may have been alone or with either one of the victims and may have been carrying mulch."

Does that mean that Jasmine was killed at home and her body may be closer to home, and the 2 year old may be in Bragg Creek area?

... and then there's this: "with either one of the victims and may have been carrying mulch."

Does that mean that Jasmine was killed at home and her body may be closer to home, and the 2 year old may be in Bragg Creek area?
I'm not getting it anymore than you. Is the suspect who was released (but still remains #1 suspect) the same person driving this vehicle? It can't be right? They would have just had him in custody. I doubt they let him go just to put a lookout for him again.

I'm not getting it anymore than you. Is the suspect who was released (but still remains #1 suspect) the same person driving this vehicle? It can't be right? They would have just had him in custody. I doubt they let him go just to put a lookout for him again.
My guess was that it was the same man, but they don’t have enough to keep him. So they are probably looking for more evidence MOO

I think so. Police probably didn't have enough evidence to keep him. I think they're asking for people who may have seen the vehicle because they want more information about where he was, how long he was there, and what he might have done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back