Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCFS released a timeline of events detailing the agency's interaction with the family dating to 2012, including Cunningham's role as a DCFS foster parent before AJ and a younger brother were born. It showed the last contact came in December, when bruising on AJ was attributed to the family dog. That case was closed in January.

Am I reading this right? WTH I hope it is a mistake in reporting.

They did not do this alone, they had lots of help. 17 times.
17 GD times.
I can't imagine how the police officers,neighbors,and Grandparents feel. Knowing they did everything in their power to help Little Andrew.
17 Times.

BBM "When a defendant is charged with a Class X felony offense, negotiations with the prosecution are difficult. The reason is, the prosecution has no reason to negotiate. The State’s position can be, ‘Live or die by the Class X (6-30 years prison), the risk is yours, not ours.’

Freund has ONE X felony charge.
Cunningham has TWO X felony charges'

According to the info in the link, the class X is the most serious law on the books in IL.
Guess, they won't be laying Lets make a deal, eh?
Class X Felony | Illinois Law | Penalty | Sentencing

Proposed DCFS budget seeks $75M in new funding
Smith said Gov. J.B. Pritzker is responding to issues at the agency with a budget that “reflects a significant investment in our children, young people and families.”

The proposal includes $75 million in additional funding, marking the biggest bump in funding for DCFS in more than 20 years. The proposed budget would allow for the hiring of 126 additional staffers, including more caseworkers and investigators.

“We have been under-resourced and understaffed for years,” Smith said.

Rep. Tom Weber (R-Lake Villa), who represents the district where A.J. was found, said he had “a lot of concerns” about the agency and its handling of the case.

“Is hiring 126 new employees the answer or is it policy?” Weber asked.

Smith said additional staff “will absolutely help,” to decrease the burden on existing employees and contractors who oversee cases.

Smith said there were 34 positions at the agency that currently need to be filled.

In response to a question about current caseloads from Rep. Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz (D-Glenview), Anne Gold, the agency’s associate deputy for child protection, said the agency aims for a 12:1 ratio of cases to caseworks, but that sometimes the ratio is above 15:1.

DCFS worker, supervisor removed from casework after AJ Freund, 5, found dead

Another officer at the same call noted in her report that upstairs where the boys sleep a window was open and there was an overwhelming smell of feces. That same officer noticed that one of the boys, who was only wearing a pull-up diaper, had a large bruise on his hip.
Prior police reports describe dog feces, urine, and dirty conditions at home of missing Crystal Lake boy

12/18/18: ER Physician examined Andrew and could not state how his injury was caused. The doctor reported injury could have been caused by a dog, belt or a football. The doctor was concerned because Andrew stated that "maybe someone hit me with a belt. Maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me." DCFS investigator contacted the father to pick the children up from hospital until the home environment can be assessed. The father was asked to remain in the home as a safety precaution.
Crystal Lake boy AJ Freund funeral arrangements announced; DCFS releases timeline, 2 workers reassigned

I assumed when I read the 1st report, that the child in pull-up was PF, now we learn that child was AJ. Why was AJ wearing a pull-up at five years old? Did no one wonder or ask the question? Wouldn't this be a red flag in a report and prompt a social worker to ask questions?

Another officer at the same call noted in her report that upstairs where the boys sleep a window was open and there was an overwhelming smell of feces. That same officer noticed that one of the boys, who was only wearing a pull-up diaper, had a large bruise on his hip.
Prior police reports describe dog feces, urine, and dirty conditions at home of missing Crystal Lake boy

12/18/18: ER Physician examined Andrew and could not state how his injury was caused. The doctor reported injury could have been caused by a dog, belt or a football. The doctor was concerned because Andrew stated that "maybe someone hit me with a belt. Maybe mommy didn't mean to hurt me." DCFS investigator contacted the father to pick the children up from hospital until the home environment can be assessed. The father was asked to remain in the home as a safety precaution.
Crystal Lake boy AJ Freund funeral arrangements announced; DCFS releases timeline, 2 workers reassigned

I assumed when I read the 1st report, that the child in pull-up was PF, now we learn that child was AJ. Why was AJ wearing a pull-up at five years old? Did no one wonder or ask the question? Wouldn't this be a red flag in a report and prompt a social worker to ask questions?
This whole thing is so wrong on so many levels!!!!

Proposed DCFS budget seeks $75M in new funding
Smith said Gov. J.B. Pritzker is responding to issues at the agency with a budget that “reflects a significant investment in our children, young people and families.”

The proposal includes $75 million in additional funding, marking the biggest bump in funding for DCFS in more than 20 years. The proposed budget would allow for the hiring of 126 additional staffers, including more caseworkers and investigators.

“We have been under-resourced and understaffed for years,” Smith said.

Rep. Tom Weber (R-Lake Villa), who represents the district where A.J. was found, said he had “a lot of concerns” about the agency and its handling of the case.

“Is hiring 126 new employees the answer or is it policy?” Weber asked.

Smith said additional staff “will absolutely help,” to decrease the burden on existing employees and contractors who oversee cases.

Smith said there were 34 positions at the agency that currently need to be filled.

In response to a question about current caseloads from Rep. Jennifer Gong-Gershowitz (D-Glenview), Anne Gold, the agency’s associate deputy for child protection, said the agency aims for a 12:1 ratio of cases to caseworks, but that sometimes the ratio is above 15:1.

DCFS worker, supervisor removed from casework after AJ Freund, 5, found dead
WHAT??
What happened with the old funding?
How can they possibly justify that huge financial need? It seems they already have too many inept employees now. They must be held accountable for the funds they have now and what they have already received. Who or what agency is going to do an HONEST audit and start weeding out the waste? Who? My opinion is they get NOTHING until, there is a thorough investigation of their agency. Rhetorical questioning I guess. When there is that much money involved I don't think we can count on a "real" audit.

She and Sr. were never married. At some point they split up and she has a new boyfriend who is currently awaiting trial for an assault. Before he went to jail, they all lived in the house on Dole together.
So this baby daddy can claim his child, if it is his child when he gets out.

From the photos it looks like he’s got balding (alopecia) areas on his scalp possible past burns and hair didn’t grow back?

Heartbreaking. God bless this child.

It does! I wonder if he pulled his hair out, is that why they kept it so short? I can’t think of the term, but it is not uncommon for children to twist & pull hair out.
WTH do people think when they murder their kids? That everyone will just believe he was abducted?

Most times, addiction is a choice. The mandated programs don’t work, at least in my area. I was surprised at the number of women sentenced to prison or fulfill a tough drug court program, would begin drug court only to appear high, in order to get prison time rather than adhere to DC protocol. Some with 12-15 year sentences.
They felt they could not be on the outside w/o using.
I suspect this ‘mom’ was much safer to be around when she had an ample supply.
Addiction is a disease. Fact, not opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304