Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have a smartphone - please turn on the recorder (I'm pretty sure all smartphones come with a basic recording app/feature) and drop it in your pocket. Walk around inside or outside (that would be more accurate) while talking. This may help us all understand the sounds and possibly not get stuck on sounds that are naturally occurring in a recording made this way.

Great idea. I just did that, and it sounds a hell of a lot like that background noise on the tape.

That’s not to say that Libby definitely had her phone in her pocket, but it would certainly explain those sounds.

Especially with any wind noise too.

Last edited:
I’ve forgotten how to quote someone from an already closed thread.

From @MassGuy :
“That’s exactly the type of guy I think it’s going to be.

Young, awkward, and a loner.

An intelligent and experienced killer, probably isn’t going to brazenly murder two teenage girls in broad daylight.

I think he has a menial job, and lives on the fringes of society.”

I couldn’t help but immediately picture someone in my mind from your description. And that would be...Jayme Closs’s abductor.

I think when this perp is (hopefully) caught, your description will be spot on.
I thought of him too!

Seems that they could have erased this part. It is unsettling.
I am wondering if leaving the scrambled noises in the audio recording is actually a message to the killer -- we know what the girls said to you -- because it would have been easier to edit out those sounds entirely than to scramble and leave them in.

Also to me it sounds like this person holds a position of authority in some manner -- teacher, cop, parent -- due to his calm and controlled authoritative directions he gave to the girls and the familiarity of the word "guys". JMO

I am wondering if leaving the scrambled noises in the audio recording is actually a message to the killer -- we know what the girls said to you -- because it would have been easier to edit out those sounds entirely than to scramble and leave them in.

Also to me it sounds like this person holds a position of authority in some manner -- teacher, cop, parent -- due to his calm and controlled authoritative directions he gave to the girls and the familiarity of the word "guys". JMO
I wonder if all the local teachers were working in the school that day.

Sketch #1 does look very much like a guy who was arrested in January on child molestation.

Apparently ISP discarded this person as having any involvement in the Delphi murders.

May I link the picture for comparison and the article?

I completely agree with all of this!!! I was just going to post something similar.

It sounds like a shovel scraping on concrete with some low growls (almost snarls) mixed in. Quite demonic. And although I know it is shadow, if you watch Hughes' video, slowed down to 25, it looks like a cat like black entity is taking over his left side. It is like looking at someone possessed.

TeaTime.
For this creep to murder these two girls he certainly was/is possessed by evil.
MOO.

I was wondering the same thing, which is why I had mentioned in another thread that I'm really interested to know if sketch 1 is of an actual literal person, or if it's just a very wrong depiction of the killer and he doesn't actually exist
I believe in the articles it says it was a composite sketch (sketch 1). IMO it's a blend of what various LE or witnesses and/or scans, etc. saw as the perp, only at the time they didn't realize how much of a disguise he's actually in or discounted it for some reason. It totally resembles what the perp looks like just from the BG image, to me and I assume to most of the public. I'm at a loss as to why it took them so long to figure out this guy is disguised so heavily IMO, wig, mustache, glasses, layers of clothing, perhaps hats,etc.

In the black and white enhancement video done by fellow sleuther Red Beard I believe is the name, at the very end, when the perp lifts and starts turning his head is when you can see his real face. So far, I've seen nothing from LE that dissuades me from that opinion.

I'm not blaming any LE or any other person, this is one clever perp and a very bad image. They are right, LG is a hero just getting the image she got. This perp's days are numbered, thankfully. The psychological damage he has done to even the most seasoned of LE and the community has to be devastating. He has to be taken off the street asap.

I've never really spent much time talking to anyone from Indiana, but I know it's not at all unusual for someone to use the word "guys" when talking to/about either males or females, whether known or not, in Minnesota and Wisconsin. There may be parts of both states where it is less common, and here may be other states where it's at least as common. I really don't believe the girls had any idea who he was.

I've always thought that the stills/video looked like a younger guy, but his voice sounded older, until I recently listened to Scotty McCreery's American Idol audition. He was still 16 (17 when he won it), but sounded much more mature. It's really hard to tell much of anything about a person from just a few words, and I think it's wise to keep an open mind. MOO

I too think he saw them being dropped off, and followed them in.

If not, I think he spotted them fairly quickly.

The issue with guessing when this witness encountered BG, is that it’s just that, a guess.

It could have happened when he went in, when he came out, or at some other location connected to this crime (where he parked).

As for the girls not being found on the evening they disappeared, I think the searchers simply missed them.
I wonder if from BG's vantage point if the girls didn't look much older? I wonder if he thought they were at least over 16 and didn't realize how young they were until it was too late ?

I wonder if from BG's vantage point if the girls didn't look much older? I wonder if he thought they were at least over 16 and didn't realize how young they were until it was too late ?

Personally, I doubt that.

He had some time before the point of no return, and an opportunity to determine if these girls fit the criteria he was looking for.

I think he knew exactly what he was doing, and he wanted these girls.

I’ve seen it happen the other way though, in blitz type attacks.

I was reading about a case recently, where a serial killer crashed into a woman riding a bicycle (thinking she was in his much younger target age range).

He realized that he had made a mistake, but still tried to kill her. She gave him a hell of a fight.

Fortunately, a car came down the road, and he decided to flee.

This wasn’t like that though.

I don't know how to bring over a comment, but I tried, linked below. I also think there is a great likelihood LE is expecting BG to call in some tips. We have a freeway sniper and I swear I saw the person in the sketch and called it in. They were NOT interested in it at all - I think bc I was clearly not the sniper. Have you ever called in a tip? LE is VERRRRY suspicious of those who do.

I get what you are saying about calling in a tip; they are very suspicious. My girlfriend's brother stole a car, and she knew he did it and was in fact still driving it. She didn't want to call, so I did and they actually accused me of being with him when he stole the car, otherwise, how could I know such information, even though I had explained it was my best friend's brother. And, that was just for simple car theft, I can't imagine if you call in a tip for a big time crime. I believe I would think twice, which is unfortunate. MOO. Katt

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/in-abigail-abby-williams-13-liberty-libby-german-14-
the-delphi-murders-13-feb-2017-93.439540/page-53#post-15016481

Personally, I doubt that.

He had some time before the point of no return, and an opportunity to determine if these girls fit the criteria he was looking for.

I think he knew exactly what he was doing, and he wanted these girls.

I’ve seen it happen the other way though, in blitz type attacks.

I was reading about a case recently, where a serial killer crashed into a woman riding a bicycle (thinking she was in his much younger target age range).

He realized that he had made a mistake, but still tried to kill her. She gave him a hell of a fight.

Fortunately, a car came down the road, and he decided to flee.

This wasn’t like that though.
Damn, that worries me because I ride a bicycle and I look much younger from behind. I carry mace though.

Damn, that worries me because I ride a bicycle and I look much younger from behind. I carry mace though.
Ha! Better you than a kid, right? :eek:

It’s incredibly rare that guys target women in that way.

You’re far more likely to be accidentally hit by a car, if that makes you feel any better. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member