Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that JC and younger son were at the pool a little after that time. I wonder if they thought DCFS would be coming and were making it so they weren't home for a visit.)

Yup or treat the younger son to some fun so he wouldn’t talk.
I wonder with AJ being older if he took the blame for everything? Kids are talkative, mischevious, playful, energetic rascals, as we know. If mom was enjoying her high, any distraction irked her. With no drugs I doubt she could handle hearing a pin drop.
I also wonder if she was reported so much her case worker blew the calls off as someone with a vendetta after her?
AJ must have received ssi, that must be why she tried to keep him. Awful.

So AJ was previously diagnosed as disabled, meaning she was drawing a SSI check for him?
Did the battery occur 03/04 or is that the date she was Charged?
Tysm
I believe this means that the charge is Aggravated Battery, the circumstances are injury to a child OR disabled person(B) and (1) causing harm/permanent disability/disfigurement. The count that was a (1) was committed on 4/15/19. The permanent disability would be his death or would have disabled him if he lived.

The 10th charge was (2) count committed on 3/4/19 and was aggravated battery causing (2) great injury/disability/disfigurement. Not permanent disability meaning that he would have recovered.

I believe this means that the charge is Aggravated Battery, the circumstances are injury to a child OR disabled person(B) and (1) causing harm/permanent disability/disfigurement. The count that was a (1) was committed on 4/15/19. The permanent disability would be his death or would have disabled him if he lived.

The 10th charge was (2) count committed on 3/4/19 and was aggravated battery causing (2) great injury/disability/disfigurement. Not permanent disability meaning that he would have recovered.

Notice 10 & 12 involve a child, 11 does not. All the same date. Why no police Report? Why was AJ left with her?
Sorry, have I missed an entire page of timeline events?

Attachments

• 9D4C8FF4-841B-4BD8-A5D8-D6525B66E374.png
    9D4C8FF4-841B-4BD8-A5D8-D6525B66E374.png
    256.7 KB · Views: 13
If AJ had long term affects after being born with opioids and other drugs in his system, he may have had disability checks coming in. However, the kids I know who get disability usually have some interventions especially before school age. I would think that AJ had B-3/Zero-3 services which would have stopped at 3 years. He would then have been tested by the local school to see if he qualified for services. If he did not qualify or they did not seek services, it would be hard to keep the disability qualification, in my experience.

So frustrating for all of us that do report & find it necessary to continue reporting the same case repeatedly.
Like I said upthread, these cases will only continue.
The abuser is often homeless, drifting from place to place, keeping the kids indoors, making it difficult to know what is really going on.
Yes, and when the child is old enough for school, the parent can claim home-schooling, and often they get away with it. So the child is in real danger then. No one with the mandate to report possible physical abuse, failure to thrive, way behind in social skills, repeated sicknesses, etc.

Yes, and when the child is old enough for school, the parent can claim home-schooling, and often they get away with it. So the child is in real danger then. No one with the mandate to report possible physical abuse, failure to thrive, way behind in social skills, repeated sicknesses, etc.

Exactly. He would have never went to public school, imo, unless another person had custody.

Notice 10 & 12 involve a child, 11 does not. All the same date. Why no police Report? Why was AJ left with her?
Sorry, have I missed an entire page of timeline events?

(720 ILCS 5/12-3.3)
Sec. 12-3.3. Aggravated domestic battery.
(a) A person who, in committing a domestic battery, knowingly causes great bodily harm, or permanent disability or disfigurement commits aggravated domestic battery.

If AJ had long term affects after being born with opioids and other drugs in his system, he may have had disability checks coming in. However, the kids I know who get disability usually have some interventions especially before school age. I would think that AJ had B-3/Zero-3 services which would have stopped at 3 years. He would then have been tested by the local school to see if he qualified for services. If he did not qualify or they did not seek services, it would be hard to keep the disability qualification, in my experience.

If diagnosed perm’ disabled, I am not surprised. At the very least I think he was likely LD. Be interesting to know if he was prescribed Rx for ADD & how she might have administered his meds.

So much "druggie loser" talk. Just to me takes away from the fact these two are straight up torture killers.

Drugs are obviously are the main theme in these people's lives. But these people are violent criminals. Drugs didn't do that. In fact this "druggie loser" attitude I believe plays a part when child workers are dealing with these people. You have to deal with addicts everyday, you start becoming numb to their behaviour. House dirty? Well it's normal for "these people".... No. It's not normal and forget the "these people" label and hold them accountable to the same standards as non addicts.

As I was one of those kids with heroin addict parents, the "druggie loser" attitude, judgement, and label caused me as the child a ton of pain while in my parents care from others. A ton. Just another kid from some dope heads. Healthcare workers wouldn't report my dirty clothes... Just another kid from dope fiends. ... You have to break that mentality.

Just my opinion that I didn't word well. Just trying to shed light on how these workers seem to get cold and blind.
Thank you for sharing some tuff things about your growing-up years. And so glad to hear you're no longer a part of that cycle so you can tell others your sad and heroic story of how it really is.
And one more thing --

Welcome to Websleuths,
Mbee !!

(720 ILCS 5/12-3.3)
Sec. 12-3.3. Aggravated domestic battery.
(a) A person who, in committing a domestic battery, knowingly causes great bodily harm, or permanent disability or disfigurement commits aggravated domestic battery.

I’m not understanding this. WTH was she allowed to be around any children after such charges? He might be alive if they had locked her up or removed him on 03/04.
....wondering, is the date wrong? Idk
With no supporting documentation, idk what to think.

Counts 10/11 & 12 all same date. Omg. Why did she have any kids by 03/05/19?
I don't think the 3/4/19 were known to police or authorities until after he was reported missing. I wish the neighbors had spoken up if indeed they knew of a major incident on that date. It could have made a big difference. This, of course, is my speculation. But, we have seen no reports. DCFS would have had the date in their logs. I believe the police would have noted the incident as well.

How did JC get to the hospital the day she OD in the car?

If an ambulance was called, there will be a record.

There will be a hospital record.

If AF took her, then the children would not be sitting alone in the waiting room as father would be there. Therefore, perhaps police
weren’t called.

Just perhaps, JC and AF were known at the ER due to numerous trips, and “special favors” were given to them and procedures weren’t followed. JMO. Give her a shot and she snapped out of it.

@kaen see this

Attachments

• 16FE64E1-F792-4B64-A04A-F9B750EBBA3D.png
    16FE64E1-F792-4B64-A04A-F9B750EBBA3D.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 24
If diagnosed perm’ disabled, I am not surprised. At the very least I think he was likely LD. Be interesting to know if he was prescribed Rx for ADD & how she might have administered his meds.

bbm
Or took them herself, or sold them, or never filled the Rx in the first place.
And I would agree he may well have been LD. Poor diet, living in fear many days, probably slow and/or afraid to speak, no one to read to him or help him with simple puzzles or educational toys (I assume).
How many times did that little boy hear, "I love you"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire