Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine the family's agony being anything other than prolonged no matter what happens. I can't see how anything would alleviate that. Their child has been killed and if the thought of that and of her final hours upsets us so much I cannot even begin to imagine the nightmare they must be going through. Next year when she'd have graduated, when they see her friends start careers, get married have children etc. Every birthday, Christmas, mother's day, father's day. All stolen cos some evil little @@@@ couldn't control his dick

I think, - but hopefully I'll never know - if it were my child getting the strongest case and longest sentence would be my priority. I think I'd want to know that every possible aspect of the perpetrator's life had been investigated if it might help. And everyone that might have been involved has been caught and charged.

I hope it's the latter of your 2 possibilities (I guess you do to). Maybe they have enough to charge with manslaughter but are sure it was murder and are looking for more to prove that? Maybe PR has a more complicated but relevant back story that needs investigating? Perhaps he didn't work alone and there are others to catch? Or maybe they just want his current trial out of the way.

They haven't gone public with requests for help beyond the Croda CCTV 4. Stuff about other offences does seem to have disappeared from SM. That makes me think they are looking at lots of aspects of this case.

I’m starting to think that someone else is also involved, hence no charges yet.

I agree. I wondered that the minute the Croda CCTV assumed such significance. Jmo but I wonder what we didn't see on Spidercam

But if there was someone else on Spidercam (or 'Webcam' as someone cleverly pointed out we should have called it) surely they'd be in the car, in which case, why did the driver lock it?

But if there was someone else on Spidercam (or 'Webcam' as someone cleverly pointed out we should have called it) surely they'd be in the car, in which case, why did the driver lock it?
I think if there was someone else on webcam (good name) we'd have been shown or ITV or LE would have mentioned it. I was thinking more in terms of him calling or texting someone. I don't think there was anyone else of interest there.

If there was someone else, and that's just my opinion that it's possible, my guess would be one of the 4 on the Croda CCTV.

I think if there was someone else on webcam (good name) we'd have been shown or ITV or LE would have mentioned it. I was thinking more in terms of him calling or texting someone. I don't think there was anyone else of interest there.

If there was someone else, and that's just my opinion that it's possible, my guess would be one of the 4 on the Croda CCTV.
I see what you're saying, yes.

I just think if someone else was involved, they’d have told something to someone else and it would have been hard to keep it secret. Like if you lived with, say, that first guy running on the cctv, you’d have wondered where he was going at 1am in the morning? If you suspected something you’d have challenged him. Loyalties change, as with Levi Bellfield, his ex card forward with evidence that pinned him down to MD’s murder. So if someone knows that their partner/family member was involved, potentially there’s more likelihood they’d tell someone else....and the rumours would spread.

I know I’m rambling, but what I mean is if someone else helped, the chances are more information would have spread... am I making sense?

I just think if someone else was involved, they’d have told something to someone else and it would have been hard to keep it secret. Like if you lived with, say, that first guy running on the cctv, you’d have wondered where he was going at 1am in the morning? If you suspected something you’d have challenged him. Loyalties change, as with Levi Bellfield, his ex card forward with evidence that pinned him down to MD’s murder. So if someone knows that their partner/family member was involved, potentially there’s more likelihood they’d tell someone else....and the rumours would spread.

I know I’m rambling, but what I mean is if someone else helped, the chances are more information would have spread... am I making sense?
Yes perfect sense. I also think in support of that view that PR would have been quite eager to point a finger away from himself if he'd had an accomplice he could try and blame. I don't think he was helped btw - I thought partner in crime

On the other hand did take a very long while for Levi Bellfield's partner to come forward. She was terrified of him. There are other case where family members or partners have protected perpetrator's. Sometimes because they cannot believe they'd do it. Sometimes because they're scared.

PRs wife must have wondered where he was when he was out waving his willy. The boxing day flashing had a drawing that people have said looks like him. Efits from York look like him. Did she ever make the connection.

Maybe rumours have spread to the police already?

Yes perfect sense. I also think in support of that view that PR would have been quite eager to point a finger away from himself if he'd had an accomplice he could try and blame. I don't think he was helped btw - I thought partner in crime

On the other hand did take a very long while for Levi Bellfield's partner to come forward. She was terrified of him. There are other case where family members or partners have protected perpetrator's. Sometimes because they cannot believe they'd do it. Sometimes because they're scared.

PRs wife must have wondered where he was when he was out waving his willy. The boxing day flashing had a drawing that people have said looks like him. Efits from York look like him. Did she ever make the connection.

Maybe rumours have spread to the police already?

Maybe she never read English websites or papers, so never saw the e fits etc. As she had newborn, maybe she didn’t have a chance to see what he was doing. Potentially now she’s seeing things she never noticed before... like he gave for late night wanderings.

If there is not enough evidence for homicide. I wonder if they will charge for abduction?

If there is not enough evidence for homicide. I wonder if they will charge for abduction?

Interesting thought. I would expect that their problem (if they have a problem) is that they can't prove abduction/coercion. If they could then that would lead onto a charge for homicide. Without this proof, then he can argue that he left her wherever/whenever and she was alive. If she died while abducted or escaping abduction then manslaughter/murder would seem unarguable.

All guesswork of course ;-)

I know this is agony for Libby's family but It gives me hope they are still waiting for some test results before arresting someone.

I am surprised that this was not reported early in the case.

Deciding to go round to the back of the house to get in and getting disorientated? Doubtful we’ll ever know.

I’m sure her friends all feel bad but if true, that housemate must feel horrendous.

I agree with Cags that it explains the quick realisation that Libby was missing. Although the first plea on Facebook was 01:12, they may have done a physical search in the immediate vicinity before speaking publically.

The amount of missed opportunities in this case is absolutely tragic.

Last edited:
Strange. If that's true, I'm trying to get my head round what scenario would have Libby veering away from the front door without heading inside even temporarily.

Heading back to the main road for fast food?
Dogged determination to return to the club?
Complete disorientation?
If it's true. Her parents suggested a forgotten key. I wonder who gave the address to the taxi driver and if she was supposed to go to someone else's house that hadn't gone out ?

I'm not sure I'm buying this at all.

All along we have had speculation about a missing key, even her parents hinted at it.

Why would she need a key if someone was at home?

And if there was someone at home would they not be looking out for her and have seen the commotion when she fell and was helped up by housemates?

Nowhere anywhere has it been mentioned that someone was at the house waiting for her.

Yeh it's possible I suppose just think we would have heard about it before now really unless it was such an insignificant point that nobody mentioned it.

I'm not sure I'm buying this at all.

All along we have had speculation about a missing key, even her parents hinted at it.

Why would she need a key if someone was at home?

And if there was someone at home would they not be looking out for her and have seen the commotion when she fell and was helped up by housemates?

Nowhere anywhere has it been mentioned that someone was at the house waiting for her.
I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member