Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still firmly in the camp that I feel encouraged, rather than discouraged, by the most recent PC. LE has taken this new direction for a reason, and it is likely based on a new piece of physical evidence.

With that said, I am really struggling to comprehend the fact that the sketches are not the same person (to be clear, I do not believe that LE is lying). Honestly, it is not that the sketches look nothing alike that I keep getting hung up on. In fact, that would be a much easier thing for me to accept. It is the fact that the two sketches, who bare little if any resemblance to each other, represent the exact same underlying characteristics of BG - reddish-brown hair, same weight range, and the same height range. How unbelievably uncanny is that? There are two sketches of two entirely different people who look nothing alike.... except for the key published information. The only explanation that I can think of that rectifies those inconsistencies sounds crazier than the uncanny coincidence. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Coming back to the two descriptions, LE has not wavered from the fact that the girls' murderer has reddish-brown hair. I wonder if LE found a hair on one of the girls. BG did make some mistakes...

I really do believe that LE has found something significant to move this investigation forward!

I think there is a solid reason for the LE to use the word "murderer". So if they stick with the YBG, so should we. Hair has follicles, let us hope there is some DNA from it.

I also believe that the OBG was someone seen in the vicinity, by a witness, so the sketch is not totally useless. That person might be unrelated to the crime, perhaps, even came later, but he is involved in everything else, to a huge degree.

I would be unsurprised if there is no confession coming specifically because of this person.

I think it's interesting, & what a lot of people seem to be missing, is that there was NO hint of this 'change in direction' & the original sketch (old) released was still being show in the February 2019 press conference by LE???

Hundreds of tips called in after two-year press conference for Delphi murders

Redirect Notice

I remember most of us thought the February press conference was pretty lame. Very short and hardly anything said. Now I wonder if the new information came through just before that and caused them to not say a whole bunch of stuff they had planned to say. I don't even remember the first sketech being there, only the stills from the video.

Agreed on the age range at least (i don't know enough about accents). But someone did post a video recently of two of the initial searchers, both who were young (20's?) and one had a very similar voice.

I am NOT saying that young guy was involved at all. Seems anyone who ever spoke on camera or in any way resembled the sketches is suspected by people. But it did show me that a younger guy can have that voice.

Would love to see that video if allowed. This guy may have volunteered to search and was the friendly neighbor for the past two years.

Hi all,
Have followed this case closely for 2 years but haven’t posted much.
My humble opinion is 100% today that LE knows who the killer is. I feel no doubt whatsoever. Just my opinion.
My question is... if, hypothetically... LE knows who the killer is and knew at the press conference... why the press conference? Do they need more to convict? Do they want a confession so it’s an easier case to prosecute? Do they want the killer to sweat it out? Is it as simple as that? If they do indeed have DNA, wouldn’t a match prove the case? I know it’s been discussed but would love to hear some more thoughts on this.
My opinion is... something happened to point them in a different direction that began with the car parked at the abandoned building. That led to reviewing other sketches. But the biggest thing I cannot quite figure out is if indeed they know who it is (which I am certain of, IMO) why the press conference? Why isn’t he under arrest?

to tug on the heartstrings of the killer and his family to do the right thing and confess.

MOO
New sketch + BG video

Immature male, one that has too many things and packs too many things
around.

Moves his head quickly and darts glances.

Coordinated. He quickly gained ground on the girls.

Hands in pockets. All males that I have seen pictures of walking on the bridge have their hands in their pockets, BG does too. Suggests he knows and exhibits local norms.

I think it's interesting, & what a lot of people seem to be missing, is that there was NO hint of this 'change in direction' & the original sketch (old) released was still being show in the February 2019 press conference by LE???

Hundreds of tips called in after two-year press conference for Delphi murders

Redirect Notice

Hmmm I didn’t watch the two year press conference after reading about it here. It sounded pretty disappointing. It seems like the (very very large imo) reward has also been downplayed. Is that common? Cause really 250 grand is a decent amount of money to the average person

Moo

Carter was so emotional because he knows who it is and he want to grab him, look in his eyes and tell him what a horrible monster he is. He was to much of a coward to come out and admit what he did yet he hid behind perhaps religion and knows he is doomed to he.. not heaven if you don't come to the light. It is like the BG is making a mockery of religion.

That's the impression I got too. Any video footage panning the crowd at the PC? Anyone he looks at? Body language could give it away.

to tug on the heartstrings of the killer and his family to do the right thing and confess.

Not the heart, the logic. If he confesses, there is a tiny chance that a certain mitigating circumstance will help him avoid the worst (it is IN after all) and not only bring closure to the families, but potentially, help them financially.

If he is arrested, this loophole closes, and the anger that falls on him will be tremendous.

Carter was so emotional because he knows who it is and he want to grab him, look in his eyes and tell him what a horrible monster he is. He was to much of a coward to come out and admit what he did yet he hid behind perhaps religion and knows he is doomed to he.. not heaven if you don't come to the light. It is like the BG is making a mockery of religion.

That's the impression I got too. Any video footage panning the crowd at the PC? Anyone he looks at? Body language could give it away.

Look up the Abraham Shakespeare thread here. The person convicted of killing him was on his thread.

EEKS!

Not just guilt, but fear.
Hoping that someone close to him will notice an increase in anxiety or some change in his behavior.
Or that of a family member or friend who knows he is the killer.
The killer himself may not feel guilty and come forward, but perhaps someone close to him who knows or has suspected for a long time will speak to investigators. Jmo

agreed, the family may be blissfully unaware, but the killer will start acting edgy this weekend. Something will seem off to them.

What if he parked and acted innocent, nonchalant even offered to help search when the cops arrived? Driving off in a hurry would cause suspicions.
Acting like a great godly neighbor, kinda like an Eddie Haskell type.
Hence we might have even interviewed/spoken to you or your family. Son and father on a hike?

That’s an interesting idea. Plus if he was a person known in the community, nobody would question his being there before or after the bodies were found. If he were wet but had an explanation at the time, I doubt the police would think anything of it even after they figured the girls had been forced across the creek. Something like “The killer would have gotten wet”....”Hmmmm, you know somebody saw Ed Blah-Blah wet that afternoon”...”Oh Ed said he stumbled in the creek looking for shiny rocks”...”That’s Ed. Ha Ha. He’s such a goof! But a good guy. He was very helpful that day.”

Bullseye.
What horrific and permanent shame this Perp will be exacting on his family. They will be shamed forever. As I said upthread, the only thing left for him to do is to turn himself in to avoid putting his family through the added trauma of a raid. At this point, he is just delaying the inevitable. They *are* coming for him. He should spare his family the additional trauma and turn himself in now.
And yeah, I agree someone in his family knows. Maybe they just don't know what to do. They can make an anonymous call to law enforcement and ask for guidance.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Or feel it's only up to God to judge not LE. The fear of being exposed as a fraud, or covering/enabling their son's bizarre behavior up to this point.
Parents might be well known respected but if the "family secret" is exposed their careers are over.

Hmmm I didn’t watch the two year press conference after reading about it here. It sounded pretty disappointing. It seems like the (very very large imo) reward has also been downplayed. Is that common? Cause really 250 grand is a decent amount of money to the average person

Moo

Slightly ot but I absolutely hate the idea of large rewards in cases like this. It’s the equivalent to blood money and profiting off someone’s death.

That said I absolutely understand the reason for it.

But I always hate the thought of someone being enticed to provide critical information for monetary gain.

*steps off of soapbox

Last edited:
These are stills from a short video of the crime scene as seen from the opposing bank of the creek. (The crime scene tape is in the background.) It seems to clarify whether or not the girls wound up where they did under their own power, or by being carried or dragged.

creekside2.png creekside1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member