Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, if he knew he was being recorded and forgot until after he left the scene, he might be even more inclined to join the searching, hoping he could find the phone before anyone else. Imagine if he’d been able to slip it in his pocket and we’d never even know about it!

You know, like gregj, there had to be a lot of thoughts going through his head of what he might have misplaced or what could get him caught. It is hard to get in that type of thinking, for sure. Maybe BG still wakes up in the middle of the night, wondering. Hope so.

Hmmm, if he knew he was being recorded and forgot until after he left the scene, he might be even more inclined to join the searching, hoping he could find the phone before anyone else. Imagine if he’d been able to slip it in his pocket and we’d never even know about it!

Data was uploaded to a cloud database. As far as I know, they do not have the cell phone(s).

Edit: As far as I knew was wrong, they do indeed have the phone.

Last edited:

Then the question becomes - if the murderer knew Libby had a cellphone and she was videoing him, why wouldn’t he have just taken it from her or demanded she hand it over at some point in time prior to causing their deaths?

If the cellphone recorded conversation after the words “down the hill” were spoken, I don’t believe the murderer knew he was being recorded.

I tend to agree. This is not a first timer. And it's not his last either.

Thank you for posting this Greg. As our Mods instruct, let us contact the tip line vs. post anything substantive here.

Despite a five year difference and a six hour drive, I believe when this case is solved; the case of Lyric and Lizzie is solved too.
Time will tell, but I'd say it' more than a chance.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Data was uploaded to a cloud database. As far as I know, they do not have the cell phone(s).

Various links were posted on the last thread yesterday mentioning the recovery of the actual cellphone. If you’re interested, a word search of “iCloud” on the prior thread should locate them, otherwise this is repeat of the very same discussion.

But if you have a link indicating the video and audio were recovered from iCloud, even that Libby was a user of iCloud, please provide it to support your statement. Thanks.

wow. that is interesting. so the way she captured the video shows that she was being intentional to catch him and not obvious. that says a lot about what they thought about the guy and their concern level. that's pretty scary.

Libby was not standing directly in front of the man. The video was taken from iirc appx 70 feet away. It was then enhanced to create a closeup of the man which is why it’s very grainy. The man is looking down because of the space between the ties and some are missing or rotted.

There’s been a great deal of speculation about how she captured the video and we don’t know for sure. But iirc on a prior Dr Phil episode featuring Libby’s grandparents they thought she was holding the cellphone close to her side and was making a sort of sweeping motion to capture his image. If so, it’s amazing she was able to successfully obtain a shot of this man.

She’s been hailed a hero by police for her remarkable endeavour and having the foresight to capture this important piece of evidence shortly before her death.

Libby did something incredibly adept with the phone. don't know what, but she was stealth.

Then the question becomes - if the murderer knew Libby had a cellphone and she was videoing him, why wouldn’t he have just taken it from her or demanded she hand it over at some point in time prior to causing their deaths?

If the cellphone recorded conversation after the words “down the hill” were spoken, I don’t believe the murderer knew he was being recorded.

Honestly, no way to know for sure, but it may have been Libby was surreptitious in the filming and she outsmarted him with a brave move. He simply didn’t understand what she was doing but was in a one track mindset.

Honestly, no way to know for sure, but it may have been Libby was surreptitious in the filming and she outsmarted him with a brave move. He simply didn’t understand what she was doing but was in a one track mindset.

MOO
I like to think she threw the phone somewhere inaccessible like deep brush or the creek.

Looking at that white flat area on the side of the lot, pausing and scrolling in, it does appear to be a car, almost like an SUV, based on the height and windows. Thanks for sharing- maybe that’s why there is interest in a car parked there. Don’t know and IMO.

It’s not a car. It’s even shown on Google maps. I have circled it.

The first picture is a screen grab from the RTV6 video.
The second is from Google Maps.

Attachments

• 7C05E1F9-F06C-400C-A29E-D9B48391316F.jpeg
    7C05E1F9-F06C-400C-A29E-D9B48391316F.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 56BA7E0E-8CD5-4489-8914-9F5376F88241.jpeg
    56BA7E0E-8CD5-4489-8914-9F5376F88241.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 149
As tragic and horrific as this case is, I am in awe of the fact that this case will end up being solved, in large part, to the quick wit and bravery of a fourteen year old. She outsmarted the Coward.

In the latest presser, LE touched on some information some of us knew about, but had not heard it from "official" sources. Information shared early on and possibly more recently by witnesses, who claim a vehicle was parked at the abandoned Dept. of Social Services building, during the hours in question on Feb. 13th, 2017. LE are looking for more information about that vehicle, and would to hear from the owner.

The building was demolished/razed in mid-2018.

Here are two handy images of the building, one shows C.R. 300 and I drew a line where the main trail to the MHB begins. My theory up to this point was that BG may have parked at the DSS building, but may have moved his vehicle to the cemetery further down C.R. 300. Now, I'm thinking the was parked at the DSS building the whole time. Kinda makes sense, the parking area by the trail, where A&L were dropped off, could handle maybe 3 vehicles. People pulling into the parking area would more likely take note of a vehicle parked there, vs. driving by something parked at the abandoned DSS building. Just trying to frame this in a psychological sense.

One image is from a video posted to YouTube in late October. 2016, from a user who wanted to show how to get to the trail and parking area. The other is from a MSM video, the words on the image wrongly indicate the girls were still missing, the video is from after they were found and shows the DSS building.

The YT user came from the south on IN 25. When I was out there Summer of '17, I came from the north on 25. That highway has been there since roughly 2014. There are no indications that MHB is in that area, no signs on 25, none on C.R. 300. You have to know it's there, I can't stress this enough, and it's easy to drive right by the former parking area, which is now blocked off most of the time and on private property. I almost missed it while driving through there. One sign is set back from the road a bit, easy to miss.

It takes roughly one minute to drive from the DSS building to the former parking area, walking would take probably 5-6 minutes or so via the trail (the trailhead is near to the old parking area).

JMO

Attachments

• SS of C.R. 300 DSS building on right trail straight ahead.png
    SS of C.R. 300 DSS building on right trail straight ahead.png
    480.1 KB · Views: 146
  • SS of DSS building from MSM.png
    SS of DSS building from MSM.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 149
Thank you for posting this Greg. As our Mods instruct, let us contact the tip line vs. post anything substantive here.

Despite a five year difference and a six hour drive, I believe when this case is solved; the case of Lyric and Lizzie is solved too.
Time will tell, but I'd say it' more than a chance.

You know something that kind of stood out to me. It was all math in my brain, but I think they were all pretty close in age - as far as when they were born.

Various links were posted on the last thread yesterday mentioning the recovery of the actual cellphone. If you’re interested, a word search of “iCloud” on the prior thread should locate them, otherwise this is repeat of the very same discussion.

Calm yourself. It wasn't a discussion, it was an expression of my limited knowledge, which turned out to be inaccurate.

<modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
This Creep is probably having a real buzz, knowing he is discussed everywhere.
I would imagine he is on numerous online sites, perhaps lurking, to note how important he has now become.
He is very pleased with himself, with his notoriety, that he outsmarted so many, I would think.
In his eyes, in my own opinion, he thinks his actions were so worthwhile, as is now talked about WORLDWIDE.
How satisfying on his part.
MOO.
On another level I know he is *advertiser censored* his pants. And so are his “loved ones”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member