Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what you stated, but I'm always surprised to read the opinion about two victims:
"He didn't expect two victims to fall into his trap, but that's what happened."
Most believe that BG was "hunting" for teen girls and was familiar with those trails and the bridge. I just can't imagine any teen girls I've known wanting to go hiking alone, especially in such a remote, wooded area, or their parents agreeing to their hiking alone in such an area. In fact, from the photos and videos I've seen, it looks to me like a place where teens would most likely go in a group. If BG was, in fact, familiar with that trail, he must have realized that it was rare for a teen girl to hike there alone. I tend to think he was prepared, or maybe even desiring, to assault and murder two teens. He may have selected Abby and Libby because he observed that they were just two young teens alone. MOO.

Actually, I think, an adult woman. I think he might be attracted to women his age, but they are somewhat out of his league.

I don't think there average guy can just suddenly decide to kill 2 healthy teens girls, in broad daylight, with their bare hands. I think he would have needed some kind of tools, to be able to pull it off so quietly and quickly.

He needed some kind of a weapon in why opinion. And some kind of a mental plan, for how he was going to subdue two strong, healthy teens. Did he tie one up or gag her, while he killed the first child? I'd think he needed rope or zip ties or something, to keep one from running off ago that time.
He could have just been resourceful and used things that he found in the area or on the girls to subdue them. I’m certainly not discounting that he had a weapon. I’m merely stating that IMO, I don’t think he had a pre-planned kill kit with him.

I think the problem with “kill kit,” is that it’s so vague. It means different things to different people.

For some people that might mean duct tape, a rope, knife, zip ties; just about anything.

Personally, I think he came armed with a knife, and quite likely a gun.

He could have just been resourceful and used things that he found in the area or on the girls to subdue them. I’m certainly not discounting that he had a weapon. I’m merely stating that IMO, I don’t think he had a pre-planned kill kit with him.

Ok, but at what point does he decide he is going to attack and kill these 2 girls?

Was he walking by them, on the bridge, and then a sudden, intense urge overtakes him, and all the immediate reactions were spontaneous? He lunges, realises he has his fishing knife, and decides to take them down?

Or did he go into the park that Afternoon, thinking he might seize an opportunity to grab someone, if the right circumstances appeared?

I think the beauty of that statement lies in the fact that he left the meaning ambiguous.

What exactly did Carter mean by "investigative strategy?" He isn't telling.
BG can only ask himself the question and speculate as to the answer.

Throughout the time Sketch #1 was circulating, BG had no doubt been moving around openly and confidently, because he doesn't look like that guy.
He thought LE was fumbling around in the dark.

With the unveiling of Sketch #2 at the PC, BG was left staring directly at an image of himself and realizing that his cover is blown.
Now it's BG who's in the dark, wondering how in the heck LE managed to come up with this sketch that remarkably resembles the face staring back at him in the mirror.

BG doesn't know what the new investigative strategy is, or what gears LE has shifted, but here's what he does now know:

LE's new investigative strategy is paying dividends, and the gears they've shifted have brought them much, much closer to identifying him.

Sketch #2 is BG.
He knows it, and LE knows it.
It's only a matter of time now until he's fingered.

JMO.

Exactly! If I were BG, I'd be trying very hard to get out of Delphi / Indiana / the US and somehow get into a country that does not extradite to the US. MOO.

I know some of you were talking about this but I just saw it in the video - what does he have in his Right pant leg? He's walking funny bc he has a baton or something that is sliding more medial, diagonal from his gential area to his kneecap when he is in mid stride with right leg straight and weight on it, and the jeans are buckling at the knee beneath the end of it, and then it rotates to run the length from the center of his hip to his kneecap when he bends his knee. looks like he's bringing his knee up to clear whatever that is with his hip.

those look like dad jeans. and a dad coat. and it's full of stuff underneath.

I am not able to see the new face etc in the videos BUT that jacket is stuffed with items.
Even I can make out the outline of a gun.
If you put on a jacket without items beneath, it would sit flat against your body, whether you are thin or fat.
A person's body does not bulge out in pockets throughout their torso.
This jacket does bulge out in several areas, indicating things are beneath it.
MOO.

Ok, but at what point does he decide he is going to attack and kill these 2 girls?

Was he walking by them, on the bridge, and then a sudden, intense urge overtakes him, and all the immediate reactions were spontaneous? He lunges, realises he has his fishing knife, and decides to take them down?

Or did he go into the park that Afternoon, thinking he might seize an opportunity to grab someone, if the right circumstances appeared?
Like I’ve now said a million times, I am not saying that he didn’t have a weapon - I disagree that he was carrying a plethora of weapons and other items to specifically subdue multiple victims within a very short space of time.

I do believe that he was in the area contemplating an attack on someone - perhaps a lone jogger - but certainly not expecting two teenage girls.

I think he saw them. Watched them for a while. Realised they were alone and isolated. He most likely watched long enough to ensure there were no other hikers around and decided to make his move.

IMO, I think people assume that he spent time with these girls during the attack, but in reality, it could have been over and done with within minutes. In Australia, we had a guy snatch a young girl walking out of a toilet in a shopping mall, drag her into a handicap toilet, rape and murder her, and then flee the scene in 11-minutes... with no weapon.

Arson is pretty autistic behavior, perhaps a certain cut between stimming and OCD, a way to reduce overload (this is why “controlled fire- setting” is not a good idea!).

But come to think of it, some serial killers have a history of bedwetting, firesetting and cruelty to animals.

Nero comes to mind...

No, arson has nothing to do with being "autistic", it's one of the things that "future" psychopaths do. Some starting at a young age. Also cruelty to animals. Even cruelty to other children. I just wish people wouldn't confuse autism with psychopathy a lot of the time.

(Omg good one MassGuy. Mission accomplished my heart stopped. Paybacks a $&@“& my friend! Ping pong!!!

giphy.gif
)
No, arson has nothing to do with being "autistic", it's one of the things that "future" psychopaths do. Some starting at a young age. Also cruelty to animals. Even cruelty to other children. I just wish people wouldn't confuse autism with psychopathy a lot of the time.

Esteemed Miya,

Please point out where in my post did you encounter the words “future psychopaths”?

I seldom, if ever, use the word “psychopath”, so - it is not what I am saying, it is, actually, what you just said...

The same holds true for people with OCD. It is NOT a disorder where the OCDer harms others or others property. It is a disorder where the OCDer WORRIES about harming others, but does not actually do so. It is nowhere on the spectrum of anything that was unfortunately mentioned in the same sentence.

I think he would have had to show them something.

The old finger in the pocket thing, probably wouldn’t have done it.
yeah I think he threatened them with a gun real or the ol finger in the pocket either way imo the girls thought he had a gun.
how in the world could he possibly contain and keep two fit healthy agile teenagers at his whim with anything else?
neither of them could get away...…tells me they were aware they could be shot if they ran.

or he bribed them to their demise but I fail to see 13 and 14 year old girls being hoodwinked by a suspicious character, libby was already hitting record of him before his approach.
and BG is either an elderly over weight slightly impaired individual or he is a young man bloated up in a extreme baggy disguise.
either way he wasn't chasing them down or restraining them easily.
had to be a gun to frighten them into submission.

im just thinking it out loud from the girls end.
bless them :(

speculation only.

Let’s hope he tries to flee. That’ll set off red flags for someone.

I doubt he has a passport anyways.

I also doubt he has a passport, and he might even be under surveillance, which is why I said "somehow." It's not too difficult to sneak across the border into Mexico, and from there he could make his way to a "safe" country. (I was really expecting Kwame Kilpatrick to do that when he moved to Texas, LOL!) It would be good if BG was flushed out and caught trying to flee. Who in town just purchased a download of "Rapid Spanish" or such, and an English-Spanish phrase book? :p

Esteemed Miya,

Please point out where in my post did you encounter the words “future psychopaths”?

I seldom, if ever, use the word “psychopath”, so - it is not what I am saying, it is, actually, what you just said...

Read my post again. Arson has nothing to do to with autistic behavior like you stated. I said it's what young people, even children do, that later turn out to be psychopaths. Including cruelty to animals and cruelty towards other children.

Like I’ve now said a million times, I am not saying that he didn’t have a weapon - I disagree that he was carrying a plethora of weapons and other items to specifically subdue multiple victims within a very short space of time.

I do believe that he was in the area contemplating an attack on someone - perhaps a lone jogger - but certainly not expecting two teenage girls.

I think he saw them. Watched them for a while. Realised they were alone and isolated. He most likely watched long enough to ensure there were no other hikers around and decided to make his move.

IMO, I think people assume that he spent time with these girls during the attack, but in reality, it could have been over and done with within minutes. In Australia, we had a guy snatch a young girl walking out of a toilet in a shopping mall, drag her into a handicap toilet, rape and murder her, and then flee the scene in 11-minutes... with no weapon.

I've never thought he spent a lot of time with them. The timeline is very short, from when the girls were taken, to when their family member arrived to pick them up. Could have been a matter of 15 to 25 minutes.

The perp had a very small window of time, before people began calling out the girl's names, and searching for them in the park area.

I think there is a possibility that he saw the girls being dropped off at the hiking trail. He'd see they were being left alone to hike that afternoon, and he went into the planning phase then, perhaps moving his vehicle from the parking area at that time, and parking further away, and getting anything he might need from his trunk or glove box?

Yes he likely had a knife. And a gun. I consider that “kill kit” material. He killed them with it didn’t he?

He just happened to kill two girls. You don’t happen to just kill two little girls.

They were certainly in the wrong place at the wrong time. But let’s be clear. He didnt just trip and happened to kill these girls.

How common is a knife and a gun in rural Indiana? I think, “the usual set”.

I think the beauty of that statement lies in the fact that he left the meaning ambiguous.

What exactly did Carter mean by "investigative strategy?" He isn't telling.
BG can only ask himself the question and speculate as to the answer....

...It's only a matter of time now until he's fingered.

JMO.
This ^^^
Everybody has a different opinion, different “instincts”...who is BG?

The entire context of the press conference was ambiguous!

Just look at all the differences of opinions, amount of debate it has created on each & every word said...not only here but across social media in general.

But only one person's been smacked from way out of left-field by what was said & panicking about what LE do or do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie