Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, staging and all notwithstanding, I tend to think the act was spontaneous and he had no murder kit to speak of, just carried a gun and a knife with him.

He looks and walks strangely, and the raspy voice is unusual, but I wonder if this is how he would often walk and look if no one would be watching, so maybe he was not hiding at all. (Or perhaps he was hearing voices, there is something self-absorbed around him? Hard to tell).

Also - it just came to my mind, there are people who hunch unless they watch themselves, and it would give them +/- 2 inches, I know such people. If they hunch, they look bulkier. And they look as if they were hiding, but it is just them.

So, a guy in a bulky winter coat, hands in pockets, maybe hunching, a knife and a gun, on a windy day, is odd but not necessarily a planning, conniving, killer. Disorganized, psychotic, but I am not sure he was on the prowl. Just incredibly unpredictable.

Hi all.

Been catching up since the 2nd anniversary in Feb brought this case to my attention. The Press Conf then occured.

Could I just share a few random thoughts as someone who has crammed it all in one period of time? Apologies for those who have heard it all before. All MOO

The new audio, I actually hear 'Hey Guys.....' ( I heard it before then watching Gray Hughes' stabilised Bridge vid on youtube , in which he suggests hearing the same) .

With or without the 'Hey'...I hear it intonally more as a calm attention opener rather than a greeting or opening gambit.
So more as in 'Hey,Guys (check out this..(( shows gun??)) rather than a 'Hey Guys ( Hi, How ya doing..))

Audio of girls responses then scrambled ... then a still calm ,authorative instuctive 'Down the hill'.

I'm very much in the 'disguise' camp. Certainly with clothing and bulk. Obviously worked to some degree but mustve looked odd enough for Libby to record.

Am concerned that mistakes were made at the recent Press Conf ( if not delib mistakes for reasons beyond my understanding). Enough to need official clarification. The vehicle/building abandonment issue is poor writing/delivery ,but the date mix up of Noon - 5pm on the 13th (not the 14th as spoken) is so fundamental as to be gobsmacking. ( also the drop in age range to 18-40 then reading 20s-30s next day)

I feel the involvement of Religion in the background of perp(s) and in the acts surrounding the crime scene/killings,is central rather than just standard locally ingrained ways. Deliberate and blatant use by LE in Press Conf. Also...
Announcement of Press Conf made on Good Friday, waited all over Easter Wkend/Sunday, held on Easter Monday. Unusual.

References to 'The Shack' film and book. A 'Christian Film' with many relevances.

Other general appeals to traits of 'Christian goodness'...conscience....etc

Rumours/local hearsay of a posed sacrificial element to bodies

V much agree with earlier posts that the LE reference to them thinking the perp having 'told someone' could be in a formal confessional sense?! Was it addressed to not only the perp but also the person who may have taken some kind of confession ( is confession even relevant to any of the denominations locally?!) ( confession is classed as a form of cleansing I believe?)

Im even wondering if it was planned to cross the creek to the body site as some kind of symbolic cleansing procedure/ ritual cleansing before whatever acts and staging took place (if any)?! ( but I know it's v left field)
I wasnt going to add that point until I read a couple of posts regarding the use of Deer Creek for Baptisms by DUMC.

I found these to be very interesting ( Thanks @Stella8)
Virtually a Detective, Case 101: DELPHI |
(The Sheriff in ep7 when the CS is mentioned is possibly the most uncomfortable Ive seen anyone in the case)
Also, ep2 has Mrs Patty discussing DG encountering the guy around the trailhead that has been mentioned in more recent posts ( she seems to dismiss poss perp due to age, although does clarify by intonation that the guy when he says he's not seen Girls where he is with DG '......but there's a couple under the bridge' was a couple of girls not man/wife) All eps def worth a watch imho ( range in duration from 5 - 20mins (much shorter than this blessed post! ;) )

Sorry for long post. Will go back to 'Lurk and Learn'.

I still don’t see it but I see plenty of guys wearing those style jackets that give them the appearance of being rounded in the stomach area.

I stil see this as a crime of opportunity. He was inexperienced or possibly just out of prison because he left behind the biggest piece of evidence - the phone. It was sloppy and unorganised. Yes he was watching his footing while approaching the girls, but if had been watching them prior, he would have known that one of the girls was using a phone. Obviously not tech savvy.

Anyone these days know that teens are hooked into social media 24/7. He should have checked the phone for evidence.
Not checking for a phone could also mean he's not socially savvy.
I picture a 'dork' raised by strict religious parents who didn't believe kids needed a phone to stay in touch.
Maybe he's on the fringes of being a 'normal' guy, as I still picture
someone who's a misfit, socially. Couldn't attract a female on
his own. Lacking personality and looks, he was a dud.

I think the beauty of that statement lies in the fact that he left the meaning ambiguous.

What exactly did Carter mean by "investigative strategy?" He isn't telling.
BG can only ask himself the question and speculate as to the answer.

Throughout the time Sketch #1 was circulating, BG had no doubt been moving around openly and confidently, because he doesn't look like that guy.
He thought LE was fumbling around in the dark.

With the unveiling of Sketch #2 at the PC, BG was left staring directly at an image of himself and realizing that his cover is blown.
Now it's BG who's in the dark, wondering how in the heck LE managed to come up with this sketch that remarkably resembles the face staring back at him in the mirror.

BG doesn't know what the new investigative strategy is, or what gears LE has shifted, but here's what he does now know:

LE's new investigative strategy is paying dividends, and the gears they've shifted have brought them much, much closer to identifying him.

Sketch #2 is BG.
He knows it, and LE knows it.
It's only a matter of time now until he's fingered.
He knows it, and LE knows it.

JMO.
I wonder if the New "Investigative Strategy" means they are now
working with family DNA and tracking him that way.

But what if perp is not a biological child within his family?
What if he's adopted or a foster who just stayed permanently
with a family? Wouldn't this rule out tracking him that way?

I wonder if the New "Investigative Strategy" means they are now
working with family DNA and tracking him that way.

But what if perp is not a biological child within his family?
What if he's adopted or a foster who just stayed permanently
with a family? Wouldn't this rule out tracking him that way?

No. They'd trace the biological lineage to determine who in the biological family line (1) resides in Delphi, Indiana or (2) could have reasonably been in the Delphi, Indiana area on 13 February, 2017.

Folks, I've not managed to catch up with all the information flowing from the press conference and fresh approach and more recent posts. So apologies if I miss something already discussed. But listening to the new longer audio track I thought the accent sounded Scottish or Northern British - eg. from Manchester, Liverpool or Newcastle. That is probably completely off beam/left field! But that was my first thought - as someone from Britain familiar with a lot of different British accents.

*First post and have never felt confident enough to post on here before so please be kind*

Just a couple of random things going through my head I wanted to discuss...

1. Came across this old news clip from WTHR:

...and at 1:36 onwards is a friend of the girls who mentions talking to them and them mentioning a strange guy they said hi to on the trail... I know that she says that they said he was dressed in black but wondering if this has ever been discussed and if they ever found that particular guy.
Was it a case of them seeing him on his return to his car and then him getting changed before turning to follow the girls in the new outfit - hence the capture on video by Libby?

2. With the religion angle: I know of at least one person who was raised in a religious family and (being an atheist and angry at religion/God) would become angry if it was brought up or mentioned in any way and would feel the need to argue and defend their position and how God/religion etc has nothing at all to do with so and so... Wondering if maybe that is the case with his person and the law enforcement are trying to bring it out in that person?

All JMO

Folks, I've not managed to catch up with all the information flowing from the press conference and fresh approach and more recent posts. So apologies if I miss something already discussed. But listening to the new longer audio track I thought the accent sounded Scottish or Northern British - eg. from Manchester, Liverpool or Newcastle. That is probably completely off beam/left field! But that was my first thought - as someone from Britain familiar with a lot of different British accents.
By eck, lad. As tha lost thi marbles?

(Perp not from Yorkshire. Wouldnt rule out the Lancashire lot though)

The mention of kill kits reminds me of Israel Keys, a traveling killer who would leave his kits with weapons, money, etc. in remote locations for when he passed by again. This was from 2000-2012 also, so it's not an "outdated" concept.
I see a lot of similarities to other cases to the point where I wonder if BG was sickly fascinated with TC cases, like Keys for example.
Also, can we please not get caught up on this silly back and forth which ends up in people being banned?
They may have been assaulted, maybe not. Maybe there was a kill kit, or not. Who knows if this was absolutely premeditated or a random, grateful act. None of us have definitive proof of anything, so let's leave it at that ;)
One question, please. What is meant by "grateful act?" Does thus mean gratification/self-gratification for the killer?

My issue with BG seeing them get dropped off is that they capture his image from the SE end of the bridge -- upon this, there's supposedly a comment "is the creepy man behind me?" That means that they passed while heading
south on the trail. MOO is that he saw them while
they were walking down on the path, retreated to his vehicle to attain his kit seeing this was an opportunity for him, and then acted. Upon watching the videos, it's not at all a far walk (<15mins). If
they were taking pictures, the girls were probably
hanging out in a certain area for a bit, so he could've passed and then returned with ease, especially if he picked up his pac

Furthermore, provided that he was *already* on the trail when he ran into the girls, I've been wondering: what type of person heads to a trail to walk ALONE? Either someone crossing this trail off his to-do list, or maybe someone who wanted to go on a walk to blow off some steam from something that happened to him or is resurfacing? It's just so strange,

It would be even more unusual for a young girl to walk alone.
So had he already planned how to attack more than 1 victim?

2. With the religion angle: I know of at least one person who was raised in a religious family and (being an atheist and angry at religion/God) would become angry if it was brought up or mentioned in any way and would feel the need to argue and defend their position and how God/religion etc has nothing at all to do with so and so... Wondering if maybe that is the case with his person and the law enforcement are trying to bring it out in that person?

All JMO

If someone tried to condemn my actions (living with my partner while being unmarried, being divorced, drinking beer, etc...) based on religious grounds, I'd laugh. I say that as the person who will argue with you until you cry about whether quinoa is better than rice.

*First post and have never felt confident enough to post on here before so please be kind*

Just a couple of random things going through my head I wanted to discuss...

1. Came across this old news clip from WTHR:

...and at 1:36 onwards is a friend of the girls who mentions talking to them and them mentioning a strange guy they said hi to on the trail... I know that she says that they said he was dressed in black but wondering if this has ever been discussed and if they ever found that particular guy.
Was it a case of them seeing him on his return to his car and then him getting changed before turning to follow the girls in the new outfit - hence the capture on video by Libby?

All JMO

Welcome to Websleuths Amamames. Thank you so much for joining us.

I’m Scottish and he doesn’t sound Scottish or from the U.K to me.

My issue with BG seeing them get dropped off is that they capture his image from the SE end of the bridge -- upon this, there's supposedly a comment "is the creepy man behind me?" That means that they passed while heading south on the trail. MOO is that he saw them while they were walking down on the path, retreated to his vehicle to attain his kit seeing this was an opportunity for him, and then acted. Upon watching the videos, it's not at all a far walk (<15mins). If they were taking pictures, the girls were probably hanging out in a certain area for a bit, so he could've passed and then returned with ease, especially if he picked up his pace.

Furthermore, provided that he was *already* on the trail when he ran into the girls, I've been wondering: what type of person heads to a trail to walk ALONE? Either someone crossing this trail off his to-do list, or maybe someone who wanted to go on a walk to blow off some steam from something that happened to him or is resurfacing? It's just so strange,

I've actually hiked alone a lot, as well as not alone. I prefer to enjoy the scenery and nature and the whole experience. I don't appreciate people yakking nonstop when I'm trying to have a nature moment. True story. :)

I cannot shake the feeling that this guy has kids, I really can't. I keep hedging and going back and forth because I'm sure once an arrest is made all of our hunches and theories will look like the guesses they are, but something about the language at the press conference just makes me think children are involved in BG's life somehow. Being a father would be the most direct relationship. Working with kids and young adults would be another. I just don't know. I'm hoping deeply for something new at the special report.

But listening to the new longer audio track I thought the accent sounded Scottish or Northern British - eg. from Manchester, Liverpool or Newcastle. That is probably completely off beam/left field! But that was my first thought - as someone from Britain familiar with a lot of different British accents.

I am from England, it does not sound British to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members