Still Missing CA - Duke Flores, 6, front yard of his home, Apple Valley, 25 Apr 2019 *Mother and Aunt ARRESTED*

What did we learn in Lucas' case? (You would think I would remember but...numbers.) Wasn't it that most bodies are left within 10 yards of a side road that will be within 150 yards off of a main road? Tim Miller came up with some stats and I wish I could remember exactly. I know to be safe, I searched at least 50 yards off the side of the roads.
Sounds right, my friend...very simple....no complex planning.

Checking in to see if there is any more news.

I was hoping by now there would have been a break in this case. I read the posts about twins being close and then also not at all being close and it has me wondering, since the twin sisters lived together and had ample time to make a pact/story with each other before Duke was even reported missing, if Duke has been very "well desposed of" and the sisters are going to hold their story (which they have had ample time to contrive) together. I am not sure what evidence LE has, hopefully enough to support that a homicide took place (....I do not believe Duke wandered off and I believe he was killed given the lapse and failure in reporting him "missing" as well as murder allegations).

It may be really hard to solve or prosecute without Duke's body. Also, by watching family dynamics on the news I am not so sure that Grandma isn't perhaps involved or has knowledge as well as others possibly. This seems, IMO, to be a rather large and enmeshed family. Grandma may very well have knowledge and is just a player in the chain of events. IMO, and being judgmental again, Grandma seems to be somewhat hard, plus "the apple does not fall too far from the tree." Again, as in the case of AJ Freund, who really knows when Duke went missing!? Just speculating....I was hoping maybe Aunt Jennifer would cave and come forward with information but perhaps she is the guilty one .....

I hope this little boy is found and put to rest.

Court dates set for mother, aunt accused of missing boy's murder
[...]

Detectives have remained tight-lipped on further details, and there were no updates on the case or Duke Flores’ whereabouts as of Sunday, officials told the Daily Press.

“The investigation is ongoing, and detectives are continuing to investigate his whereabouts,” Sheriff’s spokeswoman Jodi Miller said.

[...]

Has it been reported the ages of the other children in the house?
Not that I know of. There was talk about 'a baby'----when the mother supposedly told grandma that she 'sent her son to the mental hospital because he tried to hold a pillow over the baby's face'

But we dont know how old the baby is and what their relations is to each other. or if that ever even happened, of course.

I think the baby might be the twin sister's child? Or even a grandchild, if both births were at very young ages...

But we do not know how many other children, besides the missing child and possibly a baby, that are in the home---if any.

Not that I know of. There was talk about 'a baby'----when the mother supposedly told grandma that she 'sent her son to the mental hospital because he tried to hold a pillow over the baby's face'

But we dont know how old the baby is and what their relations is to each other. or if that ever even happened, of course.

I think the baby might be the twin sister's child? Or even a grandchild, if both births were at very young ages...

But we do not know how many other children, besides the missing child and possibly a baby, that are in the home---if any.

I agree that I think the baby is the twin sister’s child. It hasn’t been confirmed, but in grandma’s news interview she very specifically said she thought Jennifer might have been the one that disciplined Duke and got out of control. JMO but I think it would be easier for her to understand if she thought one of her daughters was trying to protect her own child.

That said, Jennifer is charged with accessory, not Jakee, so I suspect Grandma is wrong about this.

As the search continues for a 6-year-old boy with autism, his mother and aunt have been arrested in connection to his possible murder.

Duke Flores, 6, was reported missing Thursday, but he may have been gone for more than two weeks. The boy’s...

Mother, aunt of missing 6-year-old California boy arrested, charged with murder

WHSVnews on Twitter
There are a few more details about "the story" in this article.
  • Duke’s cousin, JG, says Duke's mom changed her story multiple times.
  • At first, Duke's mom said he was with an aunt (1). Then she said he simply disappeared from the front yard (2).
  • “The mother says he was playing outside in the front, and she went inside, did some things inside, came back out - Duke was gone," JG said.
  • Finally, Jakee Contreras claimed Duke vanished April 18 (3), but she was scared to tell anyone he was missing.

The twins are 29, very unlikely any child in the house was a grandchild of either woman. Possible but not likely. Moo.

Do these lovely twin mothers know who the sperm donor of this precious innocent child is? Is there a named male figure in this little one's life?
Nothing in MSM about the father. As far as male figures go, there is an uncle who has been vocal and is participating in the searches.

Mother, aunt of missing 6-year-old California boy arrested, charged with murder
Duke’s family says they are still hoping the 6-year-old is found safe. The boy’s uncle, AG, says the family is having trouble wrapping their heads around his disappearance.

“I’ve known that kid since he was a baby. I remember I used to carry him in my arms… It’s emotional. I’m trying not to break down at the moment. I’m still staying strong for him,” AG said.

What do you people think about this theory?

Law enforcement has stopped searching and has asked the public to stop as well. The 2 women have been charged with murder so I'm wondering if LE asked the public to stop searching because they've already found Duke's remains but aren't releasing the information. If one or both of the women think he's still missing and divulge his location then that would be one huge bit of evidence.

What do you people think about this theory?

Law enforcement has stopped searching and has asked the public to stop as well. The 2 women have been charged with murder so I'm wondering if LE asked the public to stop searching because they've already found Duke's remains but aren't releasing the information. If one or both of the women think he's still missing and divulge his location then that would be one huge bit of evidence.

Anything is possible. LE is being very tight lipped.

Did LE specifically instruct people to not look for him anymore???

Do these lovely twin mothers know who the sperm donor of this precious innocent child is? Is there a named male figure in this little one's life?
Article dated today which also says that it was Duke's grandmother who contacted police to do the welfare check.

Woman, twin sister charged in missing 6-year-old son’s alleged murder
KTLA reported that Duke lives at the home with his mother, father and aunt. The news station reported that the boy’s father, who is seriously ill, was unaware of the disappearance of his son.

That sounds fun. But I don't think that describes Duke's home life very accurately. :(

I am sure if you had disappeared from the neighbourhood kickball game, someone would have began looking for you immediately, instead of waiting 2 weeks to report you missing.

I understand that. Firstly, I hadn't read far enough into the thread to see the outcome. Secondly, I didn't think it was that outlandish for a child to be in his front yard at 10pm at night and that was the point I was making. It had nothing to do with the specifics of this case.

APR 29, 2019
Homicide Detectives Searching Victorville Landfill for Body of Missing 6-Year-Old Boy After Arrests of Mother, Aunt
[...]

Acting on investigative leads, authorities believe that Duke Flores’ remains were placed in a dumpster at some point, the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department tweeted Monday.

In addition to detectives, sheriff’s volunteers and landfill personnel are also assisting in the search for Duke’s body.

[...]

Oh no, baby, not in a landfill. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam