Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who care if there has been 2K in tips. What does it matter if they dont amount to anything? We are sitting at 40K in tips between both the sketches.

LE has nothing.

It only takes one of those to be absolutely crucial though jmo

But I do wish they didn’t have to sort through all the totally outrageous ones! Moo

I had the same question, so I googled mug shot and sketch side-by-side comparisons. You'd be surprised how spot on some sketches are. Others, not so much, but the sketch still helped lead to a tip and then an arrest!
I'll never forget Hannah Graham's case when WSers recognized the perp on the video as matching a sketch from another case. They were right!

jmo

A very special thank you @CrimeDawg123 for having so quickly provided us with a full transcript of that important April 22, 2019 Press Conference! Imho, typescripts of videos are very helpful to everybody, but for those like myself who can't stream vids, they're a godsend! :)

Has anybody been able to figure out what word/words Supt. Carter spoke in the "unintelligible" portion of transcript below? I would love to know!

sbbm - April 22 Press Conference transcript:
<snip> The family. I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning. I just want the family to know that when I take my last breath on this earth I'll be thinking of them. There's going to be a tremendous amount of <unintelligble> I know that. I know that. Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are we are just now beginning. That I can tell you on behalf of the sheriff and the police chief so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time that we will not stop. <snip>

How many killers Take on TWO teens, walk them what a half mile away and then murder both? The chances of one of them bolting during the walk or murder is very high. This tells me that this isnt this guys first murder. That is very risky. Very risky. Most would wait for an opportunity where one is by themselves. But two is unusual to me. Very bold, very assured of how to do it, very practiced.
Bold, yes, especially at that time of day. But with a weapon it would be easy to control two young teenagers, I think. Jmo

I see the opposite, those risks were a sign of inexperience.

He was likely able to do it through fear; the type of fear that comes from wielding a weapon.
Love to hear others views. You could be correct to. I've studied a lot about fight or flight. A natural instinctive human survival instinct. Have felt it many times myself. A person in a fear of death position may run even though there is a chance of death by weapon, even a gun. Again some may fight. Women also though seem to be born with intuition to help keep them safe in certain dangerous situations. Gotten me out of a lot of them. Thats when they can ignore fight or flight and listen to the voice in there head instead and play it cool until they see a better time for escape. One thing that was said about the girls is that they wouldn't ever leave the other. If that is the case here then they both have what I call heros hearts. Not everyone has one.

Bold, yes, especially at that time of day. But with a weapon it would be easy to control two young teenagers, I think. Jmo

Yes very bold indeed and likely it was so, because of inexperience moo

I agree with MG this sicko was likely just getting started

He’s not a serial killer yet

But he will become one if he isn’t caught

Last edited:
Last ten minutes of HLN:

Starts with Carter clip:

“I recently watched a movie called “The Shack”. And there’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity.”
(Showing photos of girls and picture of crime scene with the yellow tape where they were found)

Host mentioning that movie deals with “Faith, grief, heaven..”

Host2: “It makes you wonder if they are talking directly to the person who he believes this sketch is of )holding up sketch again), “look if you have any conscience Casey, come forward and tell us. This is religion based, this movie.”

CG: “It is. And, even though it is about forgiveness and faith, he doesn’t say those words. He says “evil, death and eternity”. And he mentions the movie, but then he says “and there’s a book”. Now that’s interesting, I don’t think the book he’s talking about is “The Shack”, I think he’s talking about THE book, The Bible. And he is really trying to appeal I think this is a church going person in the community who believes on the surface, has faith, but struggles deeply with his identity, maybe his sexual proclivities, his sexual preferences that are out of sync with his religion..

Host “Doug Carter even said “condemned..”

CG: “would be condemned..religion.”

Male Host: “I also think this is mentioned to jab at him again because the quote was “how you left them in the woods and not what they are experiencing today...they’re happier than all of us”.

They’re all agreeing with this.

JSM: “This perpetrator attempted to destroy these girls, leave them in this condition, I think it was brutal, but now they’re so peace...from “corrupted” to “uncorrupted.”

Host: “Going down the line, are we closer to an arrest or not?”

JSM: “Yes, absolutely, I think we are so much closer right now, I have full confidence that they’re going to solve this.”

CG: “I’m going to say yes but if does not happen in the next few weeks Km going to worry that this is a Hail Mary Pass and they have nothing.” (Noting that earlier she mentioned the term:question of “bluffing”)

JJ: “I’m all in, I think the Super Intendant showed that he was vulnerable, that he was depending upon the community, showed himself as a father, a person who cares, revealed evidence, asking for public help, I think that they have forensic evidence as well, I think they are very close to this case and the public will help them crack it.”

MO: “I think they’re gonna get him and I think the best part of this whole case is that right now he is suffering, he’s freaking out, he’s looking over his shoulder, and he’s doing exactly what you talked about earlier, he’s GOING DOWN and it’s going to be soon.”

Male host: “Wooo, we can all hope.”

Male host asking other host, since she’s “been to the community”, “the people there, is there renewed hope, is there going to be justice served and is the community going to be safer.”

Host: “Yes there was excitement in the air because of the new sketch in a way that “okay, it’s been two years, maybe this will lead to an arrest FINALLY, and Kelsi, Libby’s sister dropped them off at the bridge that day, she said my sister was always begging me “please take us to the bridge, please..she said yes that day, she feels tremendous guilt and she took me on that car ride. Look here, this is Kelsi:”

Music:
Video of them driving, Kelsi says sometimes she wishes she would have just been a mean sister and just said no. As to knowing it’s not her fault, “I’m getting there. I’m learning.”

Ending with talk about this “grief for a family, were trying to solve a case..the deep hurt lies with her...”

Becky, Libby’s grandmother posts on Facebook every day, “This is the day”. She looked at me and said “One of these days I’m going to be right.”

Showing inspirational images of “today is the day”...”relentless quest for justice.”

I was in that house, you can feel the spirit of Abby and Libby, you really do and at the presser it’s about who did this (holds sketch), meaning this sketch, but at the heart of this is a town left DEVASTATED, the community of Delphi, missing these adorable little girls, that’s Libby” (showing a smiling photo of Libby when she was younger with a pink shirt and pink Easter basket on her head), “her favorite holiday was Easter, and they didn’t color eggs this year because the grandmother said, “look, there’s just a hole in the family.”

JJ: “Time is up for this killer, if hes watching now I think that you knew what the pressure is on, I think he is living amongst that community and I think it’s a matter of time before they crack this case”.

Showing sketch again.

MO: “I think they’re working on reverse genealogy right now, Forensic genealogy to hone in on this killer”

Host: “Hitting it with technology,-and heart that this person..”

CG: “Trying to get him to come forward and confess, basically saying “that is your best bet right now, I still think you have a little bit of conscience, do the right thing. That would solve it without the genealogy, just do the right thing and come forward.”

Host: “And they’re still taking tips too.”

CG: “They need your help as well.”

MO: “So if people see any type of change in behavior or (BBM) fins any type of item that doesn’t belong in the home or to this person.”

Closing statement. “Delphi Murders. It’s going to be closed soon. Trust.”

END.

Last edited:
I'll never forget Hannah Graham's case when WSers recognized the perp on the video as matching a sketch from another case. They were right!

jmo

I was just thinking of this yesterday when someone here mentioned Heather. They were looking at security video from a store across the mall or plaza where Hannah was walking and her killer following. IIRC, they were actually viewing her (and the perp) via her reflection in one of the store windows. Gave me a chill remembering it.

Last ten minutes of HLN:

Starts with Carter clip:

“I recently watched a movie called “The Shack”. And there’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity.”
(Showing photos of girls and picture of crime scene with the yellow tape where they were found)

Host mentioning that movie deals with “Faith, grief, heaven..” cont

Thank you so much, Margarita25, for the time, effort and thought it took to do these transcriptions!
And I love your Giraffe!

I was just thinking of this yesterday when someone here mentioned Heather. They were looking at security video from a store across the mall or plaza where Hannah was walking and her killer following. IIRC, they were actually viewing her (and the perp) via her reflection in one of the store windows. Gave me a chill remembering it.

I remember it was originally thought she was walking with a female (Bc of his hair and low video quality) but then people (I was on fb at the time) noticed JM walked in the front of the frame and then cut back diagonally to HG.

Would the tip line be set up with a Caller ID? Perhaps they could tell who called in multiple tips, possibly false, and cross reference the name to people who signed in at the press conference, and very hopefully to the car registration, or to a name they are already aware of?

Anonymous tip lines do not use caller ID nor they record calls. All it would take is for one case to divulge they came to an arrest via a caller ID of an incoming tip and people would no longer call in tips for anything. And it's not that difficult to mask or alter your caller ID so it's not worth the risk of hurting future cases.

He could have got arrested recently on something else.I believe as of Jan 1, anyone arrested on felony charges in Indiana must submit a DNA swab. So with more arrests like this, the more DNA gets collected from people that can match or rule out people.They can run it through a genealogy site to see if they get any familial DNA hits or matches or GEDMATCH ect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23