Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the HLN show. I hope DNA and Genealogy really is being done.I promise you.It will lead to her killer.It WILL.I found who my real father was by relative DNA first cousin match when no one would or could tell me who he was.DNA is so very powerful.They need to put his DNA in GEDMATCH.
If they have DNA of that quality, I’m confident it’s being done.

They are using every tool at their disposal here.

If anyone is interested, discussion related to the Dec/17 Dr Phil show can be found on thread #76. I thought there was mention what time the video was taken because somewhere along the way I recall 2:30pm but I can’t find a source to confirm it. What I do recall is a lot of discussion about a narrow time frame of 45 minutes after Libby’s video captured a shot of the man on the bridge. However that does fit with what I was able to find on thread #76, Libby’s dad’s first attempt at contacting his daughter was at 3:11pm as he was approaching the pickup location, and he arrived at 3:14, tried again, no contact.

Other interesting points from thread #76 -
BP said there was lots of people on the trail that day.
Carter also appeared on that Dr Phil show and stated everyone known to be on the trail had come forward except for the suspect. Seemingly that would include the man DG spoke with and the couple under the bridge. But not sketch #1, who was not sighted on the trail, only near. JMO

They all think he's close to being behind bars

Again, I found this encouraging, especially coming from MO, the retired Special Agent. She was the one who said he is “Going Down!”

Is there any footage anywhere of the crowd at the recent PC? I want to check something.

They showed a couple clips in the HLN special today. I’ve also seen other crowd shots, but can’t tell you exactly where.

ETA / try these links (and YouTube):
Copying over from media thread:

Quick links:

Delphi murders: Here's what we know about unsolved killings of two teen girls in Indiana

'Hiding in plain sight': Suspect in Delphi girls' double murder may be a local

Mystery deepens as officials search for 'key' in girls' murders

Indiana police release a new sketch in their search for the man who killed 2 teen girls
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/22/us/delphi-indiana-teens-killed-update/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

Delphi murders: New suspect sketch not same man as in old sketch, ISP clarifies

Delphi girls' double murder: Police explain change in person of interest sketch

Indiana State Police clarify why they released new sketch in Delphi investigation

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

Indiana police get 1,000 tips in 1 day after releasing new sketch of girls' killer
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/23/us/delphi-indiana-teens-killed-manhunt/index.html?r=https://www.google.com/

I am speculating that if old sketch guy is the new witness who sent the investigation in a new direction with a new sketch:
-investigators must have very good reason to think he is a credible witness.
-he may have seen more than just another lone male acting suspiciously, he may have witnessed the abduction.
- he did not come forward before because he was there that day for his own nefarious reasons that once he was arrested for something else he gave them information in exchange for a plea deal.
Lots of speculating on my part I know, just trying to fit some things together in my mind.

SPECULATION AHEAD-

Yes, I agree. I hadn’t thought of him possibly actually witnessing the abduction but great point. LE was adamant new sketch is definitely BG and definitely the killer. I too was thinking old sketch guy could be using it as a bargaining tool and has probably been holding onto it for just that reason.

So, IF this is true that the phone was in the “area” of the bodies, and not on the person of a body, that tells me that the phone may not have been easily/quickly located by a perp trying to quickly flee the area. Say, if it had slid under some brush or leaves during the attack.

And IF BG had no reason to believe his image was captured...if he was looking down, and if Libby was subtle enough, IMO that is a possibility. As far as the audio...same thing. I don’t think it’s likely it would have occurred to him that his voice was recorded. If Libby had been speaking on the phone, then yes, he might fear someone could hear his voice (or recording of his voice if she was leaving a message).

On top of the possibility of her phone not being easily located by BG, as he prepared to exit crime scene, perhaps he didn’t have a big motivation to find and take the phone either.

It seems that the motive of most murders/abducters who take a phone have the following reasons:
1. So as not to give the location of the victim away ~ (well, in this case, it doesn’t seem that he was trying to hide the location of the victims. More likely, he was just trying to “hide” the act of the crime itself, until he could disappear.)
2. So as to not leave any DNA evidence. ~ (well, if he never come into contact with the phone this would not be a concern)
3. So as to not allow the victim(s) a way to call for help. (Well, this was not a concern as victims were diseased).

I’m just offering up a possible reason for it not being a big deal, in BG’s mind, for leaving behind a cell phone. Obviously, in hindsight, he can see in fact it was a big deal. Even if his image or recording of voice does not lead to his capture, Libby’s video and audio recording could help in cracking this case, because I believe the case has received a significant increase in attention for the sole reason that the perp was caught on video by the victim(s) just prior to attack. Making this case very unique and capturing the interest of many who may have otherwise not paid much attention to this case.

Taking the victim's phone can also help get the perp convicted, as in the April Millsap murder, another 14-year-old killed while walking a popular trail. Her fitness app tracked him as he fled the scene. Maybe BG studied other cases, such as April's, and decided that it was better not to take the victim's phone.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-absence-of-evidence/?utm_term=.37db3df60c92
Cataldo, the prosecutor, also showed jurors animation using GPS data from a fitness app on the teenager’s cellphone that was laid over a Google Earth map. It showed the phone moving fast from the crime scene, which Cataldo said proved VanCallis had taken the girl’s phone and fled, according to MLive. Cataldo said surveillance footage also showed a motorcycle zipping past a nearby house at the same time the phone did.

In April's case, thankfully, perp's GF (and mother of his child) did the right thing early on, though his family did not. Too bad not all friends and family have the courage and moral fortitude to do the right thing.

I'm not victim blaming (though maybe society blaming), but I wish girls were better educated about the need to be proactive when they sense inappropriateness and socialized to feel entitled to act immediately on their instincts and seek help.

In April's case, several adults passed her on the trail as the perp propositioned her, and soon after he attempted her abduction. After she got away, she texted her BF to tell him what had happened, but did not yell for help or call 911. The perp was so enraged by his rejection that he soon returned and beat her to death. I'm so haunted by the thought of "If only..."

I've had the same thought about Abby and Libby. If they had started screaming and called 911 as soon as they realized BG was following them, would he have fled without harming them? Nobody knows. JMO, but even if he'd shot them on the bridge it wouldn't have been as bad as what they endured by following his direction to go down the hill.

I've told my own daughter many times never to hesitate--run, scream, call 911 as soon as you sense possible danger. Trust your instincts. Once you know for sure you're in danger, it's too late. Too many girls are socialized to be polite, deferential, and not cause a scene. Predators know this and take advantage. Let's learn from these horrible cases to give our girls a different message, starting from the time they're little. MOO.

For those of us who have been here a long time...remember in the early threads there was a local reporter doing a live interview. A train was passing thru during the interview. In the clip there was someone hanging around in the background, wearing a red jacket or hoodie. This person was discussed on the thread and the thoughts were that it was a younger person so it could not be BG. We were comparing to the first sketch. Since the new sketch and reference to a younger person, and likely a local, is that clip worth another look? I am curious. I wouldn't have any idea where to find that clip.

Yep..here it is, mark 1:02:

Man photographed on trail now officially a suspect in murders of Delphi teens

Does anyone else remember? - I seem to recall someone seeing a car stopped on the side of a road and asked if they needed help, if I remember correctly the person said it was okay their Dad was coming to help.
Yes...I have that info, but the person that actually experienced this did not post it here themselves. It was posted elsewhere & brought here, which is not allowed. I know exactly what you are referring to...MOO

the long chin is an indicator of the potential for a variety of other issues - if it is caused by a genetic collagen disorder, the suspect may have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and/or Marfan, making him susceptible to neurological and immune-related disorders, and a host of other issues, some of what we may be seeing in the way he walks.

I think he was covering his chin in the video with a bandana or something.

RSBM.

Would this include Guillain-Barre Syndrome?

Yes, I second this, please post any thoughts about this book and movie-I don’t want to watch it honestly, so thank you for your insights.
Like I said I really don't know if Carter brought up The Shack for a more specific purpose than what it appeared. I didn't get the feeling that anything in it would touch BG's conscience and he'd repent and turn himself in. Part of what was in the podcast linked yesterday is what brought this to my attention. They suggested (paraphrasing) that BG had probably been scouting out the bridge and trails, planning the murder even possibly setting up the lair (murder site).

In the book, Mack's daughter Missy had been abducted and murdered but her body hadn't been found. LE found the shack with evidence of her murder but this serial killer always hid the bodies and none of his multiple victims had been found. Nor had the killer been identified or caught.

Papa (God) sent a note to Mack and asked him to meet Him at the shack. Toward the end of Mack's visit, Papa led him to Missy's body. It was a long walk to get there but when they started out Papa pointed to a small red arc on a tree at the beginning of the path. As they went along they came across rocks and other trees that had this same mark. The killer had previously marked the trail to hide his next victim. In time LE was able to identify the perp through evidence found. They also located the truck he had stolen and used in the abduction.

IMO if BG did plan and prepare for the murders and his escape, he very well may have marked trees, twigs or rocks in order to get in and out ASAP without getting caught. And what if the vehicle at the abandoned plant was stolen? If either of these happened then Carter IMO told BG we know.

Or maybe Carter is just hoping and praying that BG will come clean.

Like I said I really don't know if Carter brought up The Shack for a more specific purpose than what it appeared. I didn't get the feeling that anything in it would touch BG's conscience and he'd repent and turn himself in. Part of what was in the podcast linked yesterday is what brought this to my attention. They suggested (paraphrasing) that BG had probably been scouting out the bridge and trails, planning the murder even possibly setting up the lair (murder site).

In the book, Mack's daughter Missy had been abducted and murdered but her body hadn't been found. LE found the shack with evidence of her murder but this serial killer always hid the bodies and none of his multiple victims had been found. Nor had the killer been identified or caught.

Papa (God) sent a note to Mack and asked him to meet Him at the shack. Toward the end of Mack's visit, Papa led him to Missy's body. It was a long walk to get there but when they started out Papa pointed to a small red arc on a tree at the beginning of the path. As they went along they came across rocks and other trees that had this same mark. The killer had previously marked the trail to hide his next victim. In time LE was able to identify the perp through evidence found. They also located the truck he had stolen and used in the abduction.

IMO if BG did plan and prepare for the murders and his escape, he very well may have marked trees, twigs or rocks in order to get in and out ASAP without getting caught. And what if the vehicle at the abandoned plant was stolen? If either of these happened then Carter IMO told BG we know.

Or maybe Carter is just hoping and praying that BG will come clean.

Thank you. This is really interesting.

When did Carter say that? It's not in the transcript of the recent news conference. Is this from an earlier interview?

The first sentence is a paraphrase of what Carter said at the press conference. We've been discussing that for the past week on the threads.

Everything following that sentence in my post is "in my opinion," which I indicated by with "IMO" two times and "I think," and "perhaps." I ended the post with "jmo."

Please alert me if there is an error and I will correct my post, but I'm not seeing it.

The sad thing about that broadcast is we could have told them all that lol.

:D

I was swayed about few things I was on the fence about after reading the transcript. Thanks so much for that @margarita25

Still can’t hear or see a young guy in the images/vid/audio though :confused: but I don’t need to.

Hoping this is over soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads