Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information about the suspect or the crime based on first hand knowledge doesnt impede the investigation.

Yesterday, I saw someone recommend turning in a tip about a better way to focus on the photograph. Now THAT is an impediment to the investigation.

That is what the police are referring too. If anyone here thinks they're going to solve the case from their living room couch, with HLN playing in the background, they're delusional.

Really? This article says otherwise: 8 times crimes were solved by the internet

Information about the suspect or the crime based on first hand knowledge doesnt impede the investigation.

Yesterday, I saw someone recommend turning in a tip about a better way to focus on the photograph. Now THAT is an impediment to the investigation.

That is what the police are referring too. If anyone here thinks they're going to solve the case from their living room couch, with HLN playing in the background, they're delusional.

How is it an impediment to the investigation? Takes a fraction of a second to read it and move on. If they start being fussy about: “only send us the good tips”, they’re apt to dissuade people who have important information.

I think it’s some times possible to “solve the case” with info such as we have. But, and emphasize BUT whatever we come up with in our armchairs is perfectly OBVIOUS to LE. So I don’t think they need any tips or help from anyone on this forum. What they do need is what they have asked for, specifically an eyewitness to the driver of the car parked at the abandoned county building, and a tip from someone who knows a person and suspects them for all the obvious reasons. Everything else we conjecture about is meaningless to LE. IMHO

It's a little rude to ask the public for help, and release multiple sketches, ask about cars etc. but then also tell us that we are "impeding" their investigation by sleuthing. In an ideal situation, they wouldn't need to release anything or ask the public anything, and I wish they had what they needed without having to appeal to the public.

LE have asked for anyone who thinks they know this man to call in a tip. Anyone who knows this man should not have to sleuth the internet to figure out if they knew him because he’s a person they’ve already encountered in everyday life.

Just imagine how difficult it would be for LE to chase down every image found online, only because the person vaguely resembles the suspect.

Some people get way too enthused. Way too involved. I mean, discussing it on this site (according to TOS -- very important distinction) and just hounding complete strangers to the point of destroying their lives, sending in tips about how the FBI can improve their investigation skills, tips with screenshots of complete strangers. That can impede. I would hope most of us here can find the balance.

Boy if that isn’t the truth

They do want the public’s help

The help with providing specific details by those familiar with a poi and are possible witness

They don’t need to be told how to do their jobs

And they sure as hell don’t need random side by side photo comparisons

It's an assumption based on the fact that the girls encountered BG on one side of the bridge and they were found on the other side of the creek. They either walked through the creek or back over the bridge.
Or they were forced into a vehicle there on the road right at the end of the bridge and taken somewhere, assaulted, murdered and taken later to where they were found. Or they were taken, forced at gunpoint off the bridge to a nearby cabin, shed or shack at that side of the bridge, hidden, then taken to where they were later found. None of the family there searching prior to 5:30 walked across the bridge until Cody and Kelsi got off work.

I agree with that... just an idea to try to make the witness part fit.

If there is audio missing between “guys” and “down the hill”, I could easily see him saying something about following orders and not getting hurt (and even if there isn’t audio, just motioning with the gun)

But once they are down below - I could see another person being involved (not that I necessarily think that was the case - just trying to consider all options that haven’t been specifically ruled out)

Didn’t the LE say there was only one person involved? I’m sure I remember hearing and seeing that. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Probably not connected but always hopeful one despicable act will lead to solving a prior offence - an adult male victim was shot and killed while jogging on a popular hiking trail in Zionsville Sunday morning about an hour from Delphi, son of prominent Indianapolis attorney, not a rubbery, police questioning POI.

Zionsville Police questioning a person of interest in Sunday's trail murder

I doubt they are connected. What is happening in perp’s house, I assume, is far from him planning another murder. Maybe his beloved one/ ones are simply saying good-bye to the life the way they knew it.

I don’t know how religious Mr. Carter is, but probably, like everyone in IN, attends some church. I don’t think it is relevant. I think his almost crying voice was out of compassion for the people who love the killer.

As to hiding in plain sight, I think, no one was covering him, but simply, people discouraged the idea because “no way, such a nice person”. It happens all the time, it is how the brain works.

I've been doing a LOT of thinking over the past week. I've torn the PC apart and examined every word. I posted shortly after the Presser to make the comment that I felt that every word was chosen specifically and that LE was on script. I still believe that.

1. The Shack - I don't think this was just arbitrarily thrown into the mix, just because. It was part of the Presser for a specific reason. It brings religion, spirituality, faith, redemption, forgiveness and other christian themes to the forefront. Somehow, LE believes that either the POI is religious in himself, OR there is a religious reason for the murders. They played on those beliefs in the Presser to elicit a response somehow. I do not believe we can discount "The Shack" as meaning nothing. It was mentioned for a specific reason.

2. The Timing of The Presser - Easter Monday is significant I believe. Again it goes to religion and a belief system. Jesus DIED FOR OUR SINS is the theme of Easter and new life. Forgiveness and the promise of being born again. Jesus is risen. To me, this was Presser was timed to take advantage of those themes and thoughts. The girls have risen and are not how you left them. They are in a better place. Then pressure on the killer by way of the Easter theme of someone dying for his sins. I could be way off base here but just thinking out loud at this point.

3. The Timing of the Presser and Prior Notice - They wanted as many people there as possible. They know they are looking for a younger person so over Easter break University Students would be home. If the Killer is a University student then the likliehood of him being home for Easter is a possibility. If there are religious ties, then being home for Easter is even more likely.

4. "We've either interviewed you or someone close to you" - This is to illicit fear. OMG you know me! It's also a message to whoever he's either told or who is protecting him that LE is on to them.

5. Hiding in Plain Sight - How do you hide in plain sight? Well, the original sketch allowed the killer to hide in plain sight for 2 years. That's number 1. You hide in plain sight when you believe you are untouchable and no one would suspect. You hold a position in the community that holds you in fairly high esteem. Teachers, Clergy, LE, Policitians, Volunteers, Firemen, Doctors, Paramedics, Government Officials. You are someone that can talk the talk and walk the walk and people would NEVER suspect you. You are from Delphi or neighbouring areas. You belong there. You know people. You know the lay of the land. You are connected. You are beyond reproach. You can walk down the street and know people. You are one of them. This is probably the most frightening part about this whole thing. Everybody knows you.

Sorry for the long post but I've been thinking about this presser for days now and I just had to get this all out.

MOO as always.

I agree with all of this. The things mentioned in the presser were purposeful imo

How is it an impediment to the investigation? Takes a fraction of a second to read it and move on. If they start being fussy about: “only send us the good tips”, they’re apt to dissuade people who have important information.

If you lose your wallet, is it not an impediment to answer the phone from your old aunt Joe who says she saw your wallet once on Christmas, 2014?

The thread is moving fast so I will post my question on a MSM Source again.

I think that Heavy.com is allowed. However, naming a witness here seems like a very Bad idea. Since many people here have expressed suspicion about the witnesses, naming someone is going to sound like an accusation—even if that wasn’t your intention,

I'm wondering if the 'couple' a witness saw from the bridge could be BG and one of the girls. From a distance of 70+ feet, the person may not have been able to surmise that it was a negative encounter (to put it mildly), but rather observed a male and female from the bridge. Maybe the other girl was out of view.

Some people get way too enthused. Way too involved. I mean, discussing it on this site (according to TOS -- very important distinction) and just hounding complete strangers to the point of destroying their lives, sending in tips about how the FBI can improve their investigation skills, tips with screenshots of complete strangers. That can impede. I would hope most of us here can find the balance.

Hounding strangers is not OK. Even if someone is the perp, unless he is arrested, in the eyes of law, he is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks