Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on both counts, actually. The only scenario where I can see them going through the creek is if they ran and he chased them (which actually seems quite likely).
he may have been trying to kidnap them and get them to his car But they put up a fight and ran so he ran after them and killed them catching one first and then the other I can't imagine they would follow him and do every thing without a fight..even if he did have a weapon

If there are people covering for suspect who do not come forward on their own there are at least two possibilities, and probably more. 1.) They could, at some point, be considered an accessory to a crime. 2.) If there was enough circumstantial to charge a suspect and bring him to trial, they could be considered hostile witnesses. Both of these options are very, very serious. If someone is covering for the suspect they need to be considering this. Are they willing to lose their entire vocation, the support of the community and possibly go to jail for the suspect? If they come forward, they will likely gain some amount of respect and compassion from others, not to mention fewer legal consequences.
What if the person that is covering for BG is actually a religious leader that is not bound under the mandatory reporter act/law?

Regarding impeding the investigation, there is a big spread in tip quality.

They hope someone who saw the suspect or the vehicle contacts them. Or if you know or see someone now that raises your suspicions and has a connection to the area, that is helpful.

Tipping “you should look at registered sex offenders” or “maybe the guy is a teacher or coach” or “maybe his leg is injured” are not good tips. The FBI is involved. They all went to Crime Solving 101 class.

It’s interesting to brainstorm and share ideas here and elsewhere, for sure. It’s fine to be compassionate and curious about the case.
They have released enough that someone who knows BG should be able to identify him.

Edit: car to vehicle
I’ve learned more about the case from these forums than the media.

The day after the Press Conference ISP issued a clarification:

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders
This states not at this time. I do not think that completely dismisses OBG sketch.

DELPHI — Indiana State Police are now saying the new sketch of the Delphi suspect is their current person of interest and the first sketch - released two years ago - is not a person of interest at this time.

That’s a little harsh and I don’t think anyone here thinks that they can solve the case, they just want to help because they want closure for the girls and their families ... and themselves.

You don’t have to personally know the girls to feel some sort of trauma for what has happened. Genuinely decent people with a good heart may actually feel so sad for these girls that they WANT to help. So ease up.

Maybe helping is by us not overwhelming LE with unnecessary tips and emails, most especially tips telling LE how to do the job they’re trained to do - so when LE does receive a good tip from somebody who knows the murderer, that tip will get quickly noticed?

Yeah, you have completely different MO’s, hundreds of miles of distance, and are talking about killers who almost certainly have familiarity with their respective hunting grounds.

It appears that law enforcement explored this (as they should), but don’t believe they are connected.

Similar, but very different.

Coincidental none the less.

Thoughts on if BG was attempting a copycat murder?

Agreed.

There is zero evidence known publicly from official sources to tie this crime to any known person. Otherwise, instead of 90+ threads, we wouldn't be here.
I disagree. How can you state that as fact unless you’re privy to more information than we have? Do we have all their evidence? No, we don’t.

In watching the press conference you feel LE knows this person, up close and personal. They said he may live or at one time did live or work in Delphi. I’m sorry but that scares me to death. Yet they issued no warning to the public. In such a small little town, I would be very afraid to be alone, very afraid to look at other people. What if he saw me looking at him and he had the urge to kill again? I just cannot understand how the people aren’t very very afraid. That brings a lot of pressure on LE to get this guy. We aren’t talking about Chicago or New York. We are speaking of a little town with population of less than 3000. So with everyone knowing everyone else, where is he??

Going back over everything...again...I'm getting some really bad vibes, even more than before. What if this was deliberate murder because the girls knew something that someone could not afford to have known...something very dark about someone in the community? I know it doesn't on the surface appear to fit this MO...but I just feel so deeply troubled that something is a little "off" here concerning this whole situation. This is just my "feeling" and is not based on anything I've heard so far. So if this kind of questioning is not allowed and needs to be removed I understand. I've read the rules but this is just my 2nd comment, so am still learning.

Maybe helping is by us not overwhelming LE with unnecessary tips and emails, most especially tips telling LE how to do the job they’re trained to do - so when LE does receive a good tip from somebody who knows the murderer, that tip will get quickly noticed?
Absolutely. But if we are just bouncing ideas off one another in a forum, then I see no harm.

If I could I would give this an infinite amount of likes!

The day after the Press Conference ISP issued a clarification:

ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

That’s the part that is confounding to me, why the first sketch was ruled out.

I know there is some speculation it was based upon the video, which makes sense. Then a possible witness, where the slur was made the witness was a “she.”

So, to backtrack, how many pressers have there been from the multi-agency task force? There was the first one, where the “down the hill” voice capture was shared. There was another one at the trailhead. I didn’t watch that one, but it gained some criticism. And the last one, which hopefully is a game changer. Was there another one in there with the “she” slip as eye witness, or did that come from from the first presser. Thanks for your help.

Good question. I can’t help but wonder if somebody might’ve been tempted to pass along a tip many months ago that might’ve proved lucrative, except the person looked nothing like sketch #1. So with great relief, they wrote off their inner feelings as utter nonsense. I really do think that could’ve happened as very few people would be jumping for joy over an opportunity to call in a tip on a family member or friend. Hopefully sketch #2 might cause them to revisit their suspicions.

That’s the risk of avidly promoting a sketch and I’m not surprised why a lot of people do think it’s just like a photo of a person. LE could’ve done a better job of educating the public in that regard IMO
I wonder if more than one witness, shown the new BG sketch, has said " That looks more like the person I saw. " ?....moo

Absolutely. But if we are just bouncing ideas off one another in a forum, then I see no harm.
That isn’t the problem, nor is it what law enforcement is complaining about.

The problem is well meaning people who have no specific knowledge of any potential suspect, who are calling in pointless tips (investigative strategies, and people they’ve found on Facebook).

Even that’s not as bad as what the larger problem is though, social media harassment of innocent people.

That’s specifically what they are complaining about.

Last edited:
Let me ask this hypothetical,

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?

Let me ask this hypothetical,

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?
I’d lock them down, at a bare minimum.

Some people don’t take kindly to being accused of double murder though, so I can understand fighting back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member