Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe the search was stopped at 10pm ish. Does anyone have the quote from
LE on why they stopped that night?

I can't wrap my head around the fact that the family is frantically searching for them from
3-5pm. LE is notified approx 5:30 and then from what I have read practically the whole town is searching until 10.

And they go home to resume at 9am on the 14th. No way.

If the family was freaking out at 3pm and searched until 10...4 hours with LE help
they must have been losing their minds when they were told by LE they were calling it
off for the night.
From what I remember, it was called off for the night due to the fact that they assumed the girls were simply lost, cold sure, but okay. IIRC the area was not safe to search at night, and without trained S&R professionals they were trying to avoid someone else getting hurt/lost.

From what I remember, it was called off for the night due to the fact that they assumed the girls were simply lost, cold sure, but okay. IIRC the area was not safe to search at night, and without trained S&R professionals they were trying to avoid someone else getting hurt/lost.

IIRC, there was local tv video from that night that showed just how pitch black it was. Also, just because it was officially called off, doesn't mean everyone went home. moo

This crime is about a mixture of longtime desired sex , control, power, and forbidden thrills in the planning and results.....moo
I’ve read several books from BAU profilers and one thing that really has resonated with me is that even without any SA present, killings of this nature are virtually always about sex.

The killer gets gratification...just depends on what his jam is.

Last edited:
I agree BG must feel his time is running out. I do not understand the mind of a killer so I wonder if he would try to end his life on his own. I hope not as so many questions would be left unanswered. Also curious on what numbers were invested. Trying to find source of post. Hope today is the day.

Just went back and watched. Good catch! His reaction DOES seem to be in reaction to "...or works here". Makes me wonder just how close "here" is to LE.
After the PC I was wondering if the suspect was a police officer. I thought the voice recording sounded like a policeman. That would also explain why he seemed so upset. jmo

OMG! I watched the entire PC on mute just staring at him so I wouldn't be biased by anything and sure enough he definitely had a negative reaction right after he says "or works here". I watched until I saw a reaction I deemed was negative and then re-winded and turned it off mute and there it was! He looks down almost in shame. Based on that reaction I strongly believe they have a very good idea if not positive who it is and are ashamed (maybe because they missed him initially or because it is someone trusted).

The other thing I saw after watching the presser for the 400th time and never seeing it before, was the small camera behind Carter shooting the attendees.
MOO, MOO

Hi, I can't believe how long it has been and how horrible it was when we found out the girls had been murdered.
Its crazy to think how we were here when it transitioned from a simple missing person’s thread to a double homicide. I’ll never forget that.

Somehow life and time keep marching on, and yet a piece of us always remains stuck in place, fixated, on that day.

Let me ask this hypothetical,

Say you were being harassed on your social media by sleuths or whatever but we're innocent. Would you wipe your social media presence and all accounts or would you keep them active and fight back?

I would put everything on private. But what someone might do could depend on the generation they're from and their age in general.

I’ve been hanging out quietly as of late catching up on posts, but this case is what brought me to WS a little over 2 years ago, and I am absolutely more encouraged and hopeful than I’ve been about this case in a long tine.

Something has changed. Something is giving LE and Carter new vigor. The fact that they announced the PC more ahead of time than normal, invited the public...maybe they wanted to give someone the chance to request work off for example, to ensure they would come. Or make BG sweat over the weekend.

Plenty of what we heard at the PC was definitely BAU profiling tactics, but there is more, we just don’t know what..yet. But we will. For the first time in a long while, I believe we will eventually know who BG is, what really happened...and we will all collectively sigh and admit that everything now makes sense.

At least that’s my hope.

I agree. Something has changed for the positive.

The other thing I saw after watching the presser for the 400th time and never seeing it before, was the small camera behind Carter shooting the attendees.
MOO, MOO
I wasn't going to say anything, but I guess I have no self-control. When I first read that, I thought it said that the camera was recording Carter shooting the attendees, and I thought I must have missed a big part of that PC! I think I may need to take a break from reading soon. :oops:

On the link provided earlier of the LE computer screen, I could make out a Word Doc titled Bill of Sale but couldn't make out much else other than a Doc named Delphi (something after it) No idea if case related and doubtful LE would have info on screen viewable for the masses, unless they wanted BG to see something on that screen.
Oh my goodness! Great catch. Excellent sleuthing.

Last edited:
Not sure where the parking lot that they referenced at the presser is but was wondering if it's one of the local places to go to sit and watch the trains go by? Does this lot look out onto the tracks?
I think, if he did park there, he did so because he knew the building was abandoned and didn't think anyone would notice or care that his car was there. Pretty much the only other reasons I could think of for someone to park there and then get on the trail would be if there was no parking at the trail head or that lot was full and he was familiar with this building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73