Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to think of a way that I can actually help in this case.

I live about 50 miles north of Delphi in another small Indiana town.

I wonder if there is some where I can go to download the new poster with the new sketch so I can print it out and bring them into town to have the stores on our town square post them in their windows. Anyone know where I can download the poster??

No, I think the girls were in the wrong place at the same time, a beginning killer was hunting a target....... I have came to believe that over time, that when "LE says there is no danger to the public" it is to keep down on fearful jumpy local people, from accidently shooting their innocent neighbors....moo

For a beginner this was some seriously pro-level skill or luck. So, does this person have training to be a stealthy killer? I've asked before because I know nothing about what could possibly provide you with skills that ensure control of two victims, a pre-selected site and escape route (it would seem) and the ability to disappear, for all intents and purposes.

Do people that hunt with bows, for example, know some of this better than others. Is it a part of armed forces training?

I wonder if there is some where I can go to download the new poster with the new sketch so I can print it out and bring them into town to have the stores on our town square post them in their windows. Anyone know where I can download the poster??
The FBI website has a download feature here.
UNKNOWN SUSPECT

I'm frankly a bit curious. For those that don't believe that LE have someone "on the hook" do you believe something should have been brought up about the possible DANGER to the community? Do you think one of the girls was TARGETED specifically? Do you think BOTH girls were targeted specifically?
I think it really depends on the motive for the killings. Until we hear otherwise, I'll believe that he wanted to kill someone, and it didn't matter who. As long as it wasn't a sexual crime, I don't believe looks, age or gender would really matter. I don't think he had to spell it out that the community was probably in danger until the guy is caught; if someone were to tell me that a man who brutally murdered 2 young girls was living in my community, with no idea who he was, I'd like to think I could figure out that there was a threat there. MOO

I don't think there will be any religious reasons for the murders either. I think they were just for his sick perverted desires.

The Serial Killer Test: Biases Against Atheists Emerge in Study

“The urge to impute beliefs, motives and mental states to mass murderers, moreover, is often misplaced, experts said. Some mass killers clearly commit atrocities because of their professed religious beliefs, like terrorists. But modern history’s register of assorted serial killers, spree shooters and other mortal predators is a rogue’s gallery of mostly male, aggrieved actors who are sometimes believers, sometimes not, and who half the time do not qualify for any specific psychiatric diagnosis, as disturbed as they are, according to an analysis of more than 200 such killers by Dr. Michael Stone, a New York forensic psychiatrist.

A large number — perhaps 25 percent, in Dr. Stone’s estimation — showed evidence of paranoid schizophrenia, which is characterized by delusional thinking. Those delusions, often enough, are infused with religious symbolism.”

ABIGAIL WILLIAMS — FBI

LIBERTY GERMAN

That’s the part that is confounding to me, why the first sketch was ruled out.

I know there is some speculation it was based upon the video, which makes sense. Then a possible witness, where the slur was made the witness was a “she.”

So, to backtrack, how many pressers have there been from the multi-agency task force? There was the first one, where the “down the hill” voice capture was shared. There was another one at the trailhead. I didn’t watch that one, but it gained some criticism. And the last one, which hopefully is a game changer. Was there another one in there with the “she” slip as eye witness, or did that come from from the first presser. Thanks for your help.

The one you're looking for may be the Q&A following the release of the composite.

I think it was one of our members who transcribed it but I"m not sure and the link I saved is bad.

Here's part of it:
"Q. In the release you mentioned some things exactly such as the hair color, can you talk about this at this time
A. Basically, the hair color is a reddish brown. She was, the person was not clear on the color of the eyes, but sh.., the person said it was definitely not blue. She was very obvious..., the person was very obviously not blue eyes, but they did mention that they were not clear on what color it was.
Q. So there are people out there who are sure that are sure they saw this guy walking around this day and they helped you out, it that?
A. Pretty much that's what it is, yes."

lets say a witness comes forward and says,
"My dad (brother, uncle, husband) looks a lot like BG. He has been cutting his hair different since the killings, sometimes when he drinks he brings up the case, he used to work in a place that would take him by the bridge."?
(I tried to construct that in a way to conform to what they told us, "what is a good tip")
What would be the next course of action? Is that alone enough to get a warrant? If it is, what would they get the warrant for?
LE would have too look for something solid that matches something they already have, DNA, Car with matching description and plates, a finger print, murder weapon. As it is right now, LE has seemed to have led us to believe they do not have any of those. I think they must have something, otherwise when they get a tip, what would they be hoping for? That when they go question the guy he admits it? has the weapon just hanging out on his coffee table?

https://i.imgur.com/e2KvwgE.jpg
2nd line from bottom, 5 icons over.

Well that sent me down a rabbit hole. Question marks between brackets are mine. What I'm seeing and MOO:
3rd row from top.
3rd icon from left.
20[??] OOSC
(U.S.) [??]

OOSC sells ski wear, etc.
Did they see a logo on something he was wearing?
Retro Ski Suits | Vintage Jackets - OOSC Clothing
(At link go to "Stores" and see drop down menu for USA. Perhaps why "U.S." is in parenthesis? )
MOO MOO

On a side-note..

Re-posting from an early thread for new WS members:

Baseball cap backwards on hoodie ensured to keep the hoodie up IMO. This (edited by me) version is very pixelated, but it does show a BB Cap and a hoodie IMO. The cap made sure the hoodie stayed up IMO..

indiana main work head 1 WS.jpg

All IMO.

-Nin

For a beginner this was some seriously pro-level skill or luck. So, does this person have training to be a stealthy killer? I've asked before because I know nothing about what could possibly provide you with skills that ensure control of two victims, a pre-selected site and escape route (it would seem) and the ability to disappear, for all intents and purposes.

Do people that hunt with bows, for example, know some of this better than others. Is it a part of armed forces training?
I think he planned this attack in advance, but I think he was real lucky to get out of that area unidentified as to vehicle and with faulty witness descriptions of himself. He may be actually suspected because of a vehicle, but has an alibi somehow....moo

Just some thoughts I have had.
I think Libby took forensic science classes I wonder if BG did too.
I think he was careful to try not to leave evidence.
I think the hair in the sketch is either a hair net or wig.I wonder if he was in a group that did performances of some kind and he had access to different props. Had he used any other disguise such as coloured contact lenses?
I think before this he was interested in other cases so could have been on websleuths.I
If he had been just lurking but after the event wanted to follow the scanner thread so would have to join.Perhaps it could be checked if anyone joined on 13/14 Feb 2017 and was from Delphi.
If he took the Sims card from Libby's phone would it be traced if used in a different phone?

Last edited:
For all the drama and emotion and supposed importance of the press conference, it was shocking to me how sloppy some things were. They flew through the part about the vehicle, got the date wrong, awkwardly corrected it. The three most important elements, new video...new audio, new sketch...were presented so clunkily(is that a word?) and fast I got nothing out of it. Had to gather it all in later. All the corrections and clarifications after the fact (new sketch is two years old, forget old sketch, sketches are two different people, etc) were very slack. Obvious the talking to the killer part was the priority.
Now, a week later, I really am more confused. I thought we were near the end...not so sure now.

LE is going to do whatever best helps drive resolution, even if it means their reputation takes a hit, they really don't care how any of us feel the presser was handled as long as their purpose was achieved. I have no doubt they didn't mention the new sketch being two years old specifically because that perks everyones ears and the actual details of the new sketch itself becomes forgotten while everyone focuses their energy on why it wasn't released two years ago. They gave themselves a few days head start of getting that image out there before we all shifted gears to the "why." Flying threw the part about the vehicle was also not a mistake in my opinion, I don't think they for one second think anyone who was in the area of these murders or drove by the abandoned CPS building during those hours didn't already think long and hard about anything they saw that would be helpful in figuring out who did this and already talked to LE in the past two years. That request was more likely a veiled warning to the POI than a public request for details.

Whether we are talking about the "script" or the "passion" or the "lack of details" or the "new details" or "do they have their guy" or "they're still clueless" or whatever, the presser is achieving its purpose. The case is not forgotten, it has people talking, its reminding people its unsolved...its ensuring the POI stays nervous and doesn't get comfortable with the idea of having gotten away with murder. As far as LE is concerned, talk all you want about everything they did or didn't do right, as long as you're talking...Hollywood's rule of thumb, bad press is better than no press.

This isnt accurate. In a criminal court a spouse cannot be compelled to testify against their spouse. Trammel v United States was the case, I believe. This is privilege of the *testimonial spouse* to exercise or waive, not the accused.

You're getting the spousal communications privilege confused with testimonial privilege.

You are right. A spouse cannot be compelled to testify against their spouse in a criminal trial. In T v US, she obviously waived her right to spousal privilege after getting a grant of immunity for her testimony.

Excellent!! Thank you neesaki!

Excellent. Proactive in a positive and practical way.

Made me wonder..... what is the level of awareness of the case in the general public would you say....Statewide and Locally? ( would you class yourself as 'local' being 50mi away? Not here in the UK but U.S maybe?)
Is it a huge case Nationally ? Statewide?

Obv the HLN stuff helps on a National basis and Im sure the nature of the case has garnered lots of coverage.

Also catching up on this thread, just a shoutout to all the posters using websleuths as it was intended - pondering and critically thinking, building ideas off others ideas, sharing opinions all within a forum designed for people who enjoy the challenge of finding a needle in a haystack - please don't discouraged by those posters who chastise and criticize what is presented. Keep in mind websleuths has a verification process for those particularly qualified to post with authority based on their field of training (lawyers, investigators, etc) and those posters are identified under their username. Everyone else, whether they remember to write MOO or IMO or JMO not (most of us) are still all just posting opinions and thoughts that have no more merit than anyone else. Some posters write with a more authoritative or eloquent flair that makes it seem like they are experts on all things crime but remember without a link its still just their opinion so please don't allow those posters to derail your train of thought as invaluable. Personally I like hearing everyones opinions, it keeps my thoughts fluid and moving in new directions and keeps the spark for the case alive! JMO

Numerous Facebook sleuth groups continue to allow users to share photos and information about people who they feel may be the killer, or of people they know with a checkered criminal history. Sometimes photos are randomly shared simply on a hunch.

In some groups, unsubstantiated theories, comments, and screenshots of other people’s social media photos are encouraged. Police warn that these novice investigations tend to do more harm than people think, and can sometimes lead to violence and make innocent people fear for their lives.

“If you have a tip, we have given you the proper way to report it,” Carroll County SO added. “abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 844-459-5786.”

CrimeOnline spoke with Tricia Griffith, owner of popular online crime site, Websleuths, who warned about the dangers of social media groups sharing sensitive information. It’s something administrators at Websleuths are “hyper aware of,” according to Griffin, and something strictly prohibited at the site.

‘You are ruining innocent people’s lives!’ Police ask public to STOP sharing pics online of people they ‘think’ may be the Delphi killer

On a side-note..

Re-posting from an early thread for new WS members:

Baseball cap backwards on hoodie ensured to keep the hoodie up IMO. This (edited by me) version is very pixelated, but it does show a BB Cap and a hoodie IMO. The cap made sure the hoodie stayed up IMO..

View attachment 182036

All IMO.

-Nin
I do think that is a backwards baseball cap also and he looks like he has a prominent" pointed stick-outwards chin".....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong