GUILTY Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel, 14, Found deceased, Lucan, Co Dublin, 14 May 2018 *minors arrested*

Thank you! I just thought it odd that the page was gone so quickly.

A question for the group. Is the reporting from "dublinlive.ie" considered MSM for this case?
I think so. It's owned by Reach PLC.

List of Reach plc titles - Wikipedia

We are the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and market leading regional titles including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post.

www.reachplc.com/brands

I think so. It's owned by Reach PLC.

List of Reach plc titles - Wikipedia

We are the largest national and regional news publisher in the UK, with influential and iconic brands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, Daily Star, OK! and market leading regional titles including the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Birmingham Mail and Bristol Post.

www.reachplc.com/brands

Thank you! The reason I asked was due to the nature of some articles 'out there'.
Then I realized the same details were in the article linked above.

This child was a victim of SA, as well as being murdered. Maybe I missed that in more current articles, but I do not think that was covered.

And the perpetrators are given holiday with their family, and afforded anonymity for these heinous crimes. I do not understand. I don't think my fore-bearers would understand. Maybe I'm just horrified that these 'children' killed this child.

Her killer
The investigation has also established the teenager was sexually assaulted. Consequently, they believe DNA samples gathered from the scene will help apprehend her killer.

Poor Ana did not get to spend holidays with her family. SMH.

Thank you! The reason I asked was due to the nature of some articles 'out there'.
Then I realized the same details were in the article linked above.

This child was a victim of SA, as well as being murdered. Maybe I missed that in more current articles, but I do not think that was covered.

And the perpetrators are given holiday with their family, and afforded anonymity for these heinous crimes. I do not understand. I don't think my fore-bearers would understand. Maybe I'm just horrified that these 'children' killed this child.

Her killer
The investigation has also established the teenager was sexually assaulted. Consequently, they believe DNA samples gathered from the scene will help apprehend her killer.

Poor Ana did not get to spend holidays with her family. SMH.

ah Jim - I am refraining myself from writing what I think about this whole case. I just can't get my head around why they are out on bail. Can anyone shed any light ? What I have read on MSM she was SA and died a horrible death - I live a kilometer from where she was found and my heartbreaks every time I pass the place

Ana Kriegel murder trial to begin this afternoon
Ana Kriegel murder trial to begin this afternoon
Two 14-year-old boys accused of murdering teenager at derelict house in Lucan in 2018

The trial of two teenage boys for the alleged murder of 14-year-old Ana Kriegel in 2018 is to begin on Monday afternoon.

The boys, who are both aged 14, are to stand trial in the Central Criminal Court in the Criminal Courts of Justice in Dublin at 2pm.

Due to the boys’ age they cannot be identified and the trial will be closed to the general public. Other measures, such as the use of video-link for some witnesses and a restriction on the number of journalists allowed in court, will also be in place.

A jury will be sworn on Monday with the opening speeches expected to begin on Tuesday. The trial is expected to last two weeks.

The defendants are accused of murdering Ms Kriegel at a derelict house at Laraghcon, Clonee Road, Lucan in Dublin on May 14th, 2018.

Ms Kriegel’s body was found three days later after she had been reported missing.

Two 14-year-old boys have pleaded not guilty to the murder of 14-year-old Anastasia Kriegel in Lucan almost a year ago.

A jury is being selected at the Central Criminal Court to try the two boys who cannot be identified because of their age.

One of the boys has also pleaded not guilty to the aggravated sexual assault of Miss Kriegel.

The trial is expected to hear from almost 150 witnesses and last around six weeks.

[...]

The judge told them the details of the events would be upsetting and he warned them about the nature of the evidence.

He said the fact these events involved young people could make it more upsetting that other cases of this kind.

He said very serious offences were alleged against the two boys and the nature of the evidence was likely to cause upset.

The judge read out a list of almost 150 witnesses who are due to give evidence in this trial.

Two boys plead not guilty to Anastasia Kriegel murder

Some twitter updates:

We are now hearing the opening statements of the Ana Kriegel murder trial. Brendan Grehan on behalf of the prosecution is about to lay out the facts of the case.

Brendan Grehan says the two accused are entitled to the presumption of innocence. "They come in cloaked in that presumption."

Brendan Grehan describing murder law: "The person who provides assistance even if they physically didn't do something themselves they can be equally guilty of the offence of murder."

Brendan Grehan describing how gardai found Ana's boody. "The body was naked except for socks at her feet and a tie around her neck which was made by a distinctive builders tape. She had obvious head injuries. The scene was bloody and blood spattered."

Details of the post mortem also revealed serious and extensive injuries to Ana's head and neck, Grehan says. State pathologist Marie Cassidy found injuries suggesting attempted penetration of Ana's vagina, he adds.

Court is now hearing about different accounts given by both accused to gardai in initial aftermath of Ana's disappearance.

A number of people gave accounts of seeing Accused 1 limping and with blood on his face and clothing on the evening Ana went missing, court hears. He told a friend whose house he called to that he had been attacked by two men he fought off.

Prosecution says Accused 1 is connected to the scene by DNA found on Ana's neck and on semen found on her top.

Court hears about contents about Accused 1's backpack - included knee pads, shin pads and a makeshift zombie mask.

Regarding Accused 2 - Brendan Grehan says that the boy lured Ana to the park in full knowledge of what was about to happen and that he "voyeuristically" watched Accused 1 sexually assault and murder Ana.

Grehan describes how Ana was bullied and she found her teenage years difficult She was the object of bullying and dressed and acted differently to others of her age. "She craved friends and friendships and was vulnerable," Grehan adds.

Garreth MacNamee (@garmacnamee) | Twitter

14-year-old Anastasia Kriégel was dead within 45 minutes of leaving her home on 14 May 2018, the Central Criminal Court has been told.

[...]

Prosecuting counsel, Brendan Grehan told the jury, Anastasia’s naked body was found in a small room in a derelict farmhouse in Lucan three days after she went missing.

There was a ligature made from builder's tape around her neck and she had severe and extensive injuries to her head and neck as well as injuries to her vagina.

He said the State pathologist Marie Cassidy concluded she had been violently assaulted within the room and that there had been a struggle.

She had last been seen at her home at 5pm on 14 May, the court heard when one of the accused boys in the case, Boy B, called for her and told her that the other accused, Boy A wanted to meet her in the park.

Anastasia was dead 45 minutes after leaving home

Gardaí searching for Ms Kriégel discovered her body in a vacant farm house on May 17th, 2018.

Her body was naked except for socks and a “very distinctive” ligature was around her neck made from builder’s tape.

The scene was bloody and there were blood splatters. Her clothes, which had signs of being forcibly removed were scattered around the room. He phone was also there, broken into two pieces.

[...]

Ms Kriégel was last seen at 5pm that day when she left her house in the company of Boy B and was also seen in a nearby park with this boy.

Her mother later tried unsuccessfully to contact her by phone. It was very unusual for Ms Kriégel not to respond to calls or texts from her mother.

It was also not normal for her to hang around with Boy B, counsel said.

Her mother began to worry and within a short time, at about 5.45pm, she went looking for her in the nearby park. The prosecution says Ms Kriégel was already dead at this stage.

The family continued to try find her before reporting the matter to Lucan Gardai just after 9pm that evening.

[...]

Regarding Ms Kriégel, counsel said her teenage years were difficult. She was bullied and called names. She sometimes engaged in “attention seeking behaviour” and “wanted to be noticed.”

He said “she craved friends and friendship and was for that reason vulnerable to people who wanted to take advantage of her.”

She was attending counselling and had completed a session on the day she went missing.

The trial will continue with its first witnesses this afternoon.

Ana Kriégel murder trial: victim lured to her violent death

More tweets:

We are now going to hear from an underage witness in connection with this trial. He will not be identified.

We are hearing from him via videolink.

We are hearing evidence from a youth witness. I will only put out testimony here once cleared with judge.

Ana Kriegel's mother Geraldine is now about to give evidence.

We are now hearing that Ana was adopted from Russia at the age of two. Ana suffered from hearing and sight problems, court hears.

We are now hearing that Ana was adopted from Russia at the age of two. Ana suffered from hearing and sight problems, court hears.

Geraldine Kriegel is describing how Ana loved singing and dancing and would often be in the sitting room listening to music.

On entering secondary school (which we are not naming) - Geraldine says a resource teacher from Ana's primary was "terrified for Ana and that she felt she was so vulnerable and innocent that many children might make a mockery out of her a tease her".

We are also hearing that Ana was cyberbullied by a number of people in years ahead of her in school. Geraldine says Ana was sent sexually explicit messages on Snapchat and teased about being adopted.

Messages Ana received on social media including one from someone who said he would "have her executed", Ana's mother said.

Geraldine said Ana was the victim of an assault six months prior to her death. Four boys approached her and one of them assaulted her. "One of the boys said 'you're going to have sex with me' and she said no and as she was about to cross the road he hit her on the bum," she said.

We are wrapping up for the day here. We will be back tomorrow tomorrow.

Back for day 3 of the Ana Kriegel trial today. Her mother Geraldine will continue her evidence.

Ana attended a counselling session the day she disappeared. Her mother described how she woke her as usual and gave her a kiss goodbye before heading to work.

Geraldine Kriegel has described her worries when she heard Boy B had called for Ana on the day of her disappearance. she told the court: "I was worried as nobody called for Ana. She had no friends."

Court now hearing how Geraldine Kriegel searched for Ana in the initial aftermath of her disappearance. Said she texted her a number of times but received no answer.

Ana was reported missing to gardai around 9pm on the day she disappeared. "I was terrified," her mother tells the court.

At lunchtime on day after disappearance, Geraldine Kriegel said she saw gardai talking to Boy B and another child in the park near where Ana's body was found.

Geraldine is now being cross-examined by the defence. She is being asked about any issues Ana had with anger and impulse control. Her mother said: "She wouldn't hurt a fly."

Geraldine Kriegel has concluded her testimony.

BBM. They can't really be going to suggest this was self-defence?

Ana's father Patrick Kriegel is now giving evidence.

"She was a happy child," Patrick says.

"She got stressed (when she went to secondary school) - that was not like her at all. She would come home and the stories we heard were not very happy stories. "I think people didn't understand her because she was different. She was herself. Full of fun."

We are now hearing evidence from Patric. He says Ana was happy as she left the house that day in the company of a boy.

Patric told the court that he saw a boy, who was shorter than Ana, walking with her in the direction of a local park. The boy had a dark-coloured backpack on him, he said.

Jury is now being shown CCTV images. One, the prosecution alleges, is of Boy B and Ana walking in the direction of a local park.

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 24m24 minutes ago
We are now hearing from Garda Conor Muldoon from Leixlip Garda Station.

Garda Muldoon was working at Leixlip Garda Station when the Kriegel family arrived to report Ana missing.

Geraldine Kriegel told gardai Ana was last seen in the company of Boy B - gardai managed to get an address for the accused. Garda Muldoon then went to Boy B's house at around 10.45pm and asked to speak to him.

Boy B was asked if he knew Ana and when was the last time he saw her. Garda Muldoon said Boy B "explained to us that he and Ana had gone to a park, briefly spoke and turned in the direction of home".

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 2h2 hours ago
Next witness is Garda Eoin Kelly from Leixlip Garda Station.

He was present with Garda Muldoon as they went to the home of Boy B. Garda Eoin Kelly spoke with Boy B who told him he had last seen Ana at 5.40pm on the day of her disappearance.

Garda Eoin Kelly describing how he regularly rang Ana's phone but got no answer.

Sergeant John Dunne of Leixlip Garda Station is now about to give evidence.

Brendan Grehan for the prosecution is now addressing Sergeant Dunne. Dunne confirms that he called to Boy B's house on the morning of the second day of the disappearance. At this point, Boy B told Sergeant Dunne that he called to Ana on behalf of Boy A.

According to counsel, Boy B told gardai that Ana was fond of Boy A but he did not like her. Boy B stated that he walked with her through the park and met Boy A

Boy B stated meeting was arranged by Boy A.

Boy B said Boy A and Ana had a conversation and went home.

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 55m55 minutes ago
We're now hearing that how Boy A and Boy B showed Sergeant Dunne to areas around the park to show him the route they say they took on the day that Ana disappeared.

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 53m53 minutes ago
Sergeant Dunne now giving evidence saying that Boy B, in his second time showing gardai which way he went, gave a different account than the first time.

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 48m48 minutes ago
Sergeant Dunne said he then decided that individual statements from each boy was needed due to the differences in their accounts.

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 30m30 minutes ago
We are now going through photographs and maps of the area of the local park.

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 13m13 minutes ago
That’s it for today More from tomorrow morning Will sound like a broken record now but a reminder that naming the accused is a criminal offence. DMing me asking for their details will also not work.

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 45m45 minutes ago
Back in court nine - next witness Sergeant Aengus Hussey.

We are hearing about the day after Ana's disappearance and how Boy A and B went with gardai to a local park to show where they had last seen Ana.

At one point, Sergeant Hussey said the two boys shared a "look" when Boy B stated he had not walked a certain way. Sgt Hussey said : "I felt immediately there was something wrong" The boys were then split up.

Sergeant Hussey tells the court Boy A told him during their walk of the park that Ana had asked him out. He said he wasn't interested. He said she was upset and that she turned and left.

Court now hears that Boy A told Sgt Hussey that he had been assaulted by two males that day and that is why he was limping.

Gardai called to the house of Boy B to get permission from parents so that he could give a statement to clarify his movements in the local park.

Boy B's initial statement read to the court - details how he called for Ana and brought her to see Boy A. Said he then left and went home to do homework. He said: "I have no clue what happened to her."

Garreth MacNamee‏ @garmacnamee 38m38 minutes ago
Detective Garda John O'Keeffe is the next witness.

He says he was present in the park on the afternoon where the two boys were showing gardai the route they took on the day they last saw Ana. Says he observed Boy A limping and that he had his arm in a sling.

Boy A told him that two men had assaulted him, Detective O'Keeffe says.

We have just heard the statement from Boy A. It claims that Ana asked him out in the park and he said no. He then described the two men who allegedly attacked him in the park.

The court heard that Boy A's statement detailed how he managed to get up off the ground and kick one of the alleged assailants in the head. He said they then ran off. He said they did not demand money or any of his property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back