Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the statement that the sooner she delivers, the better. That would be a preterm baby and with that comes a lot more possible problems than drug withdraw.

IMO, JC is not a picture of health & with added stress of arrest, coupled with WD, the baby has a better chance of survival out of her. I’m not a doctor jmo, I respect yours.

Just want to share.... At one point in another AF thread, someone pondered if it would be better for her unborn child if it didn't live.

I get that. I truly do. Because all you can imagine is possible issues from drug use during pregnancy, being born to murderers, etc etc.

But please remember this isn't new and many people have beeb born addicted to opiates. It's horrific. The risks and problems that come with it are horrible and available for googling. These children are born with these difficulties everyday.

But. We don't know it all as humans. And some of us are born healthy despite our mothers choices and are worthy of being born once we have been created.

My mother was already 10 years into her addiction when getting pregnant with me. No I was not an accident. No my parents did not have me for social financial benefits. They were just dumb 20 year old drug addicts who thought a baby might give them a push to get clean.

My Mother used heroin during her pregnancy with me. I was born addicted. However..... And here's where nature's mystery comes in... I was 10 pounds, quickly overcame medical issues & wd and have 0 learning disabilities now. Now as an adult, successful, do not even socially drink. Although I do have anxiety issues that are obviously from my childhood.

My sister was born years later when my mother was now in her 40s and still and addict. She was born addicted to methadone, under 6 pounds and was in hospital for months. However, as an adult she has no learning disabilities and is successful. (happy, no using, six figure income etc) She also has anxiety issues.

My mother was one of the worst addicts I've seen. Abcesses at injection sites so large she'd use cocaine in them to numb the pain. Beaten beyond recognition multiple times. On life support after using heroin with some sort of poison. Homeless. Hepatitis C. 40+ rehab visits. It went on and on, with this stuff being what I'm willing to write. These families have a hard life.

But.... Me, my sister, and my Mother after a lifelong addiction.... All alive. My Mother is well known now in southern California for her work with addicts. She has women's groups, and works at an inpatient group home for teenagers. Has been clean 21 years. She's helped thousands. Not all drug addicts are throw aways. Not all drug addicts kids need pity. As a child I heard what people said about my parents. I knew the world looked at them like trash. But they weren't and one has been able to spare a lot of families pain by helping their addicted children.

This is a personal story in relation to what life jc baby may or may have. Not a story showing I think jc has redemption available. She's a torturous murderer. Drug addict is one label. Murderer a more important and distinctive one imho
And I'm one of the lucky ones. But the possibilities are there for these kids!

It's all about choices. No matter what life has throw at you.

Thank you for sharing your story. Your Mom should be as proud of you as I hope you are of her. 21 years of sobriety is something to be proud of especially when one uses their sobriety to help and inspire others.

DCPS knew they had a MAJOR problem and has previously received media coverage and bad PR for previous deaths.

The LAWMAKERS and State Attorney General did nothing. They just wait for the press to die down and keep on doing the same thing.

They did a 100 death investigation report that I cannot even read without getting sick!!!!

He!! NO they ain't doing nothing. Talking heads and blaming each other.

JMO, until the talking heads and top brass are facing prosecution and financial ruin, we will not see change.

There are years of these reports on the website. I haven’t yet had the mental strength to open any of the others but I plan to. It’s such depressing reading. I think if every taxpayer in Illinois were to read these reports maybe it would be the impetus for a change in the status quo.

ETA I wonder how many taxpayers even know about these reports? Maybe we can bring some attention to this? Does anyone have a media contact?

Last edited:
IMO, JC is not a picture of health & with added stress of arrest, coupled with WD, the baby has a better chance of survival out of her. I’m not a doctor jmo, I respect yours.

Jumping in here though I’ll probably regret it...

I’m not a doctor either, but I am a childbirth educator and birth doula, so I know a lot about pregnancy. That baby deserves to be born full term.

Another unpopular opinion but JC should get that 24-48 hours with her newborn - not for her, but because babies who get to spend their early hours skin to skin with their biological mother have lower stress, better health, better immunity... The list goes on. The baby will eventually be taken from her mother - as she should be- and that will be traumatic in itself. No need to deprive her of those moments that are good for her development.

When my son was sobering up from meth and in detox I actually thought he was brain damaged. I spoke with Drs and nurses on why he was acting like something with actually wrong days later. My son only did meth for a year give or take but he was super slow and I honestly felt like he was gone forever. I was told it takes time and he is ok now but I can only imagine years of drug abuse.
Still fit to stand trial if you ask me. Jmo.

It is MOO if she opts for trial it will be a big dog & pony show with slide after slide images of her brain opposed to what it should look like, combined with hours of expert testimony explaining why JC didn’t know what she was doing......& could not know because she lacked brain function.
If she was an IV user (per reports she passed out in car) her recovery will be long & slow, with many bouts of illness, imo, rendering her incapable of participating in her case. Because of her pregnancy, she’s not even had an opp’ to begin WD imo. Her doctor must have had to start with some type of maintenance program to protect the baby from WD.
Moo

I’m not a doctor either, but I am a childbirth educator and birth doula, so I know a lot about pregnancy. That baby deserves to be born full term.

Another unpopular opinion but JC should get that 24-48 hours with her newborn - not for her, but because babies who get to spend their early hours skin to skin with their biological mother have lower stress, better health, better immunity... The list goes on. The baby will eventually be taken from her mother - as she should be- and that will be traumatic in itself. No need to deprive her of those moments that are good for her development.

It is my hope the person raising the baby is at the birth & JC never sees, touches or smells the child. She deserves nothing, imo.

I agree with this 100%. It's not about the mother, it's about the baby. Baby deserves it.

Attachments

• A8BD8F9C-3307-44D3-89BF-C8057E9AF892.jpeg
    A8BD8F9C-3307-44D3-89BF-C8057E9AF892.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 14
As soon as I’ve finished my research, I’ll load my links. It looks like JC will have no contact with the infant. The 24-48 appears applicable only in situations where the mom is able to retain custody, appointing a guardian during her incarceration. This is dif’ (thus far based on my research) as the woman here is charged with murdering a child & has a history of child abuse. The state might be able to have paperwork in order to take custody of the child immediately. Hopefully they can at least do one thing in a timely manner.
She could kill a newborn in seconds with a nurse in the room. As opposed as she was to foster care & her determination to get P returned, nothing she might try would surprise me, especially if she could prevent someone else from getting the baby. She’s pure evil. IMO, she deserves not one second of pleasure for the rest of her life, certainly nothing that might bring a smile younger face. Little AJ had little to smile about.

As soon as I’ve finished my research, I’ll load my links. It looks like JC will have no contact with the infant. The 24-48 appears applicable only in situations where the mom is able to retain custody, appointing a guardian during her incarceration. This is dif’ (thus far based on my research) as the woman here is charged with murdering a child & has a history of child abuse. The state might be able to have paperwork in order to take custody of the child immediately. Hopefully they can at least do one thing in a timely manner.
She could kill a newborn in seconds with a nurse in the room. As opposed as she was to foster care & her determination to get P returned, nothing she might try would surprise me, especially if she could prevent someone else from getting the baby. She’s pure evil. IMO, she deserves not one second of pleasure for the rest of her life, certainly nothing that might bring a smile younger face. Little AJ had little to smile about.

I agree 100%. Im sure there will be volunteers lining up out the door to offer that baby everything he or she will ever need including skin to skin contact on day 1. Cunningham shouldn’t even be afforded the opportunity to look at the baby.

I also feel the baby should probably not go to a family member. If, for some reason (and I choke as I write that), Cunningham is not convicted, there may be an opportunity for her to visit the home at some point. This baby needs to be as far removed from her clutches as possible.

So, she’s appx 7.5 months pregnant, now?
Any day she could deliver, possibly. The sooner the better, imo.

How on earth was she allowed to foster, with no credentials?
I’d love to know the back story on the child she fostered & reason it was left in JC’s charge......thinking out loud.
I'd like to know how she fostered after the grandma was able to take custody of the first son. I'm no expert in fostering by any means but I would think that if you had a child removed from your custody once you would not be the best option as a foster parent.

I agree 100%. Im sure there will be volunteers lining up out the door to offer that baby everything he or she will ever need including skin to skin contact on day 1. Cunningham shouldn’t even be afforded the opportunity to look at the baby.

Absolutely. She’s shown the world her maternal instincts.
Plus, she’s not allowed privileges.
In my town, we have a similar situation, the bio mom is an inmate headed to prison (crime not murder nor against children), baby born addicted, taken straight to NICU. The inmate is not allowed on NICU. Not only would it be a security risk for her to prowl around the hospital, it would not be appreciated by other people visiting NICU & she would be recognized.
Can you imagine the outrage JC would cause in a hospital if someone caught her near their baby? I would raise holy he!! If I caught her near my dog.

I'd like to know how she fostered after the grandma was able to take custody of the first son. I'm no expert in fostering by any means but I would think that if you had a child removed from your custody once you would not be the best option as a foster parent.

She was fostering in 2012. Oldest son wasn’t removed until 2013.

I also feel the baby should probably not go to a family member. If, for some reason (and I choke as I write that), Cunningham is not convicted, there may be an opportunity for her to visit the home at some point. This baby needs to be as far removed from her clutches as possible.
I wonder if the family that raised AJ for 18 months might be applying for custody of P & the baby? Only because they have an attorney, as we know from his statement.

Did she not foster at the same time she had her son?
Perhaps fostering a relative is less formal & did not require approval?

I wonder if the family that raised AJ for 18 months might be applying for custody of P & the baby? Only because they have an attorney, as we know from his statement.

Did she not foster at the same time she had her son?
Perhaps fostering a relative is less formal & did not require approval?

From IL Foster Care - Foster Care:

How are licensed foster care and unlicensed relative foster care different?
Where it is in a child's best interest, DCFS and the courts may place a foster child in the home of a willing and able relative who is not yet licensed as a foster home. While relative foster families help meet urgent needs and provide some continuity in a child's life, it is most beneficial for relatives to become fully licensed as foster parents. During the period relatives are unlicensed, they receive significantly lower reimbursements for costs than licensed foster parents. DCFS strongly encourages all family members proving relative foster care to become licensed foster parents, but because licensure can take several months, many family members start out in the relative foster care program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa