Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was the LE that talked from the podium directly before the main part started. I didn't read it anywhere, I watched it live. The LE said the family was requesting two weeks and then someone in the crowd, his left side, said something I didn't hear. Then the LE said, it's LE, not the family who is requesting the two weeks.

Some one said they thought there was something like a cleft lip repair or scar something on the picture of the suspect.They said some one said that on the panel today.Did anyone else see this and do you know what that person said?

Last edited:
I have to say I have been so pumped up by the PC and so sure they have someone in the crosshairs but today I suddenly had that sinking feeling that maybe they don't. What is going to be the reaction when next Monday comes and there is no arrest. I am concerned about doubt being cast on LE. Did the whole 2 week thing get blown out of proportion?

Yes. Jmo

Eta, police may not have wanted any angry reactions from families printed or filmed. I would imagine not being too happy knowing that the suspect of two years was the wrong guy.

Like I state earlier I would not be surprised if LE has given the families a script to somewhat go off of when they talk to media in the next week or so that plays to their strategy. But thats just a wild guess on my part to try to explain the two weeks.

Or It could be as simple that they want to control the narrative themselves and see what shakes out for a couple weeks here while giving the families time to digest what they were told.

just my speculation
Could be a little of both. I'm sure they don't want the media hounding the family and don't want the family to speculate or give any information to the media that can be misinterpreted or lead to any wild new theories or random accusations by the public.
At least not anymore than what's occurred already. Imo

Back when Jamie C. was missing, people came up with all sorts of opinions about the family when they were interviewed, sure that they saw clues that family members knew who did this, i.e body language, expressions, etc...none of which was the case. Jmo

I have to say I have been so pumped up by the PC and so sure they have someone in the crosshairs but today I suddenly had that sinking feeling that maybe they don't. What is going to be the reaction when next Monday comes and there is no arrest. I am concerned about doubt being cast on LE. Did the whole 2 week thing get blown out of proportion?
I don't think they ever gave any indication that the case would be solved in two weeks. In fact they said they were just beginning, and urged people to be patient. I think they seemed pretty confident but made it clear there is still a lot of work to be done. Jmo

Last edited:
I wake up in the middle of the night and check this thread to see if there is an arrest....I check first thing when I wake up....when I get home from work....I'm obsessed!
I truly expect there to be an arrest very soon.

When I first saw these threads, a year ago, it was all so gloomy. Winter, bare trees, this bridge, the figure of the assailant out of horror movies. Now, at least, there is the hope for justice being served. Hopefully... Although it is still very sad as I am thinking about the potential future for these girls. Graduation, colleges, marriages, motherhood, satisfying work...keeping in touch all this time. Future, you know... that was curtailed by a depraved, spoiled, merciless degenerate. And this can’t be undone.

Last edited:
After being warned they should charge them with something. Impeding an investigation or spam or something. Being a jerk on the internet. Something. Maybe people would knock it off if they faced fines minimum and maybe a record.

Unfortunately I see someone using multiple social media accounts spamming the FBI and Carroll County with multiple suspect comparisons. Its ridiculous. Its one thing to leave just one of these "tips" but out of control spamming is unnecessary.

Back when Jamie C. was missing, people came up with all sorts of opinions about the family when they were interviewed, sure that they saw clues that family members knew who did this, i.e body language, expressions, etc...none of which was the case. Jmo
That's terrible.
People tend to make assumptions without bothering to consider the evidence.
Those people were clearly devastated and bewildered over what happened to their family members, and several experts pointed out examples of their body language during those interviews to support that.
I guess people will believe what they want to believe.
Another good reason for LE to request that media not question the family right away. Imo

Last edited:
I'm wondering how long after Libby's video they were attacked. Did they leave the bridge and walk quickly off thinking they could get to a safe place near Deer Creek? Or did he take control of them on the bridge? As they were found 1km away, I'm wondering if they themselves ran off in that direction or were forced to walk that far.

I think the girls got strange vibes from him but did not know him for an assailant, and had no reason to believe they would be attacked. So Libby started videoing him, but probably still expected him to pass by. The attack itself was unexpected. But I am thinking that the perp is a very good actor, and on approaching them, he might have pretended to be upset/anxious and asked for help.

I'm wondering how long after Libby's video they were attacked. Did they leave the bridge and walk quickly off thinking they could get to a safe place near Deer Creek? Or did he take control of them on the bridge? As they were found 1km away, I'm wondering if they themselves ran off in that direction or were forced to walk that far.

I don’t think the victims were found 1 Km or 0.5 miles away as some have mentioned. If you look at google maps, the bodies were found about 100 yards from the south east end of the bridge. It wouldn’t have taken long for BG to take them from the end of the bridge to the crime scene.
IMO he could have committed the crime and left the scene in 15-30 min. He likely was nearly back to the parking lot before anyone knew the girls were known to be missing.

I don't think they ever gave any indication that the case would be solved in two weeks. In fact they said they were just beginning, and urged people to be patient. I think they seemed pretty confident but there is still a lot of work to be done. Jmo
I agree I am concerned about myself having high expectations and I know others have had them as well. I know I will feel temporary disappointment if Monday comes with no arrest but I am now realizing I may well have to get past that. I am here for the long haul. I think about these girls hours on end. To just be grabbed in the middle of the day enjoying young girl things and subjected to the worse nightmare is mind boggling. I am logistically close so yes this has had my attention from the beginning. I actually think Fridays are a good day for an arrest. Maybe, maybe not, but I can still hope.

I think the girls got strange vibes from him but did not know him for an assailant, and had no reason to believe they would be attacked. So Libby started videoing him, but probably still expected him to pass by. The attack itself was unexpected. But I am thinking that the perp is a very good actor, and on approaching them, he might have pretended to be upset/anxious and asked for help.
It looked to me like he was just acting like he was minding his own business, avoiding eye contact as if he didn't even notice them. I think he took them by surprise at the last minute, so they barely had time to react or think at all. Imo

After being warned they should charge them with something. Impeding an investigation or spam or something. Being a jerk on the internet. Something. Maybe people would knock it off if they faced fines minimum and maybe a record.

I thought the same... I will say that Im pretty impressed by LG's sister being proactive on social media. Keeping the word out and also addressing issues like this.

I just had a rather interesting epiphany looking at that sketch of the alleged Perp, and that prominent chin.

You know who could very well end up identifying him? HIS DENTIST.
A dentist would be looking at that chin as it almost always would accompany a bad bite.

Get this sketch blasted to Dentists!

Amateur opinion and speculation

I wonder what the potential for a Ted Kaczynski ending is for this? The arrest was arranged because a family member connected the dots. So far a lot of our discussion about the Delphi culprit is about people being willfully silent, but there was a point where a Kaczynski family member did connect the dots to his brother and approached authorities. Maybe the family of the Delphi culprit was slow to connect the dots because of the original drawing of the suspect looks so different from the one they are using now, but now it looks like their brother.... Just a thought.

I agree I am concerned about myself having high expectations and I know others have had them as well. I know I will feel temporary disappointment if Monday comes with no arrest but I am now realizing I may well have to get past that. I am here for the long haul. I think about these girls hours on end. To just be grabbed in the middle of the day enjoying young girl things and subjected to the worse nightmare is mind boggling. I am logistically close so yes this has had my attention from the beginning. I actually think Fridays are a good day for an arrest. Maybe, maybe not, but I can still hope.
Yes, I know! Right after the press conference I was thinking it would be any day now.
Then I re-read the part about being patient and thought, well, maybe a little longer.
Anyway, it will be a great day when we finally here the news of an arrest. Hopefully sooner than later. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member