Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Family was at the PC? I assume no, but don't know for sure. Perhaps a twitter user who follows a reporter that was there could verify if it was mentioned.

Delete.My question was answered.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I see someone using multiple social media accounts spamming the FBI and Carroll County with multiple suspect comparisons. Its ridiculous. Its one thing to leave just one of these "tips" but out of control spamming is unnecessary.
Are you seeing this on their FB page?

I wonder what the potential for a Ted Kaczynski ending is for this? The arrest was arranged because a family member connected the dots. So far a lot of our discussion about the Delphi culprit is about people being willfully silent, but there was a point where a Kaczynski family member did connect the dots to his brother and approached authorities. Maybe the family of the Delphi culprit was slow to connect the dots because of the original drawing of the suspect looks so different from the one they are using now, but now it looks like their brother.... Just a thought.
Exactly!

Yes. Jmo

Eta, police may not have wanted any angry reactions from families printed or filmed. I would imagine not being too happy knowing that the suspect of two years was the wrong guy.

I hardly think the families would be angry.
1100 POI's now down to a "couple of dozen"
CeCe Moore brought in, Paul Holes consulted. I am sure Abby and Libby would want the correct person brought to justice.

Put yourself in the place of the parents. After two years, LE tells you there is a new sketch that is replacing the one that has been focused on.

All those hours, time, and money spent on the wrong suspect! LE assuring you they are making progress, they have DNA, etc. then slam bam, you get slapped in the face with
Wrong Suspect!

There are few of us, IMO, who would be happy to be given this news! No wonder the families left upset!
Two weeks would give tempers and attitudes time to calm down which is what my take was on the no contact message.

Also, JMO, LE knew they were going to get lots of negative remarks and feedbacks on this new direction and new suspect sketch. They wanted to put a stop on it so people would concentrate on this new sketch as well as shaking the suspect up.

I feel if they really are doing reverse genealogy DNA they will find him.
This was recently mentioned during HLN panel discussion reverse genealogy DNA.
I realize this is farfetched, if LE asked families living near or in Delphi to volunteer and provide DNA.
Certain individuals would see this as a violation of their civil rights.
However, if people volunteered to provide DNA it would be a different matter.
Quickly you smoke out a killer and bring him to justice.
JMO

Put yourself in the place of the parents. After two years, LE tells you there is a new sketch that is replacing the one that has been focused on.

All those hours, time, and money spent on the wrong suspect! LE assuring you they are making progress, they have DNA, etc. then slam bam, you get slapped in the face with
Wrong Suspect!

There are few of us, IMO, who would be happy to be given this news! No wonder the families left upset!
Two weeks would give tempers and attitudes time to calm down which is what my take was on the no contact message.

Also, JMO, LE knew they were going to get lots of negative remarks and feedbacks on this new direction and new suspect sketch. They wanted to put a stop on it so people would concentrate on this new sketch as well as shaking the suspect up.
Yes! They pretty much threw a hand grenade in the last 2 years. I think this is the best reason for cutting off the family comments and statements till the smoke has cleared. Ask questions but focus on the new sketch.

I wake up in the middle of the night and check this thread to see if there is an arrest....I check first thing when I wake up....when I get home from work....I'm obsessed!
I truly expect there to be an arrest very soon.

Don’t feel bad, Roses, I’m doing the same thing, wake up in the middle of the night, think about this case, and can’t go back to sleep. So I get up and read here hoping for some good news, then first thing when I get up in the morning. And then I think about it off and on all day long, checking in every couple of hours or so. At least we know we’re not alone in our obsession. I hope for an arrest too, very, very soon.

Some one said they thought there was something like a cleft lip repair or scar something on the picture of the suspect.They said some one said that on the panel today.Did anyone else see this and do you know what that person said?

The panel today??

This kind of tidbit grows a life here, so we need a link to know if that life should be sustained.

The panel today??

This kind of tidbit grows a life here, so we need a link to know if that life should be sustained.
I'm not sure who said it.I don't have a link.I'm asking did anyone hear on the panel on HLN or somewhere if they said anything about the scar possibly under his nose and what they said on the panel.I can't find it.

Wrong Suspect!

The thing is, even if the sketch was wrong, the task force was still chasing down leads.

The sketch was only one part of the investigation, so it’s not like two years were wasted.

There were still plenty of other avenues to explore.

This new sketch represents newfound hope, not failure.

I just had a rather interesting epiphany looking at that sketch of the alleged Perp, and that prominent chin.

You know who could very well end up identifying him? HIS DENTIST.
A dentist would be looking at that chin as it almost always would accompany a bad bite.

Get this sketch blasted to Dentists!

Amateur opinion and speculation
Great idea.

With so prominent chin/lower jaw, the bite is often what they call “open”.

An orthodontist! Because there is a high chance he wore braces, but there are fewer orthodontists than dentists, it is easier to comb through them.

The panel today??

The sketch artist referred to the sketch as "ballpark." I would hope if there were obvious physical traits, LE would have pointed them out. I think the "panel" whoever they are, LOL, are trying to be "helpful" in the same way armchair sleuths are. MOO IMO

I don't think that there will be an arrest on Monday, but I think that they want B.G. to believe that they are closing in very soon. This two weeks of no media response is going to torture him because until now, he had all the power because he could watch another mans face as the suspect on TV pressers and in the news and know he was 'safe' and nobody else knew his filthy secret. This was about power.

Right now, B.G. doesn't know what the family thinks, or believes and
this was L.E.'s tactic to let him know that they have taken back the power now, not him (and I surely do like it!!)

I am very certain that the family is taking this time, which they definitely need, in order to prepare a response to this new information. I think that the family will make a statement early next week and it is going to be bold and they will support LE fully with their investigative process.

There is an additional detail in the presser that I think that I am overthinking to death and maybe this is due to lack of sleep or perhaps its because I am an obsessive Virgo. His very last line:

Right before they play the video, someone (Sargent Riley?) says, "As Superintendent Carter mentioned. He is on the railway bridge. You have to take different steps to get to it."

Why does that last line need to be mentioned?

All of the above is JMO

I'm not sure who said it.I don't have a link.I'm asking did anyone hear on the panel on HLN or somewhere if they said anything about the scar possibly under his nose and what they said on the panel.I can't find it.

Then unfortunately you cannot post this per TOS. Rumors are not permitted, and this sounds like a collection of rumors.

The thing is, even if the sketch was wrong, the task force was still chasing down leads.

The sketch was only one part of the investigation, so it’s not like two years were wasted.

There were still plenty of other avenues to explore.

This new sketch represents newfound hope, not failure.

I believe the past 2 yrs of investigation has been useful but I'm wishy-washy on "newfound hope". Maybe you're correct... This is a tough one.

I read somewhere.I don't remember where now.Someone said someone on the panel?I assume the HLN panel and show.I don't know where.Said the man suspect picture sketch looks like he had a scar under his nose.Cleft lip? cleft lip repair?I'm wondering if anyone else heard them say that and what they said.It does look like he has some kind of scar under his nose to me.

-The panel was talking to Michael Street a retired police sergeant sketch artist & forensic facial imaging expert. He talked about the youthful appearance and the "outstanding feature" which is the longer chin. It was very disproportionate from the rest of the face.
-Joseph Scott Morgan then asked about a possible under bite and focused on the shadow under his bottom lip, like a cleft?
-MS responded that [edit] "it could be based upon the drawing... that the person has a very strong pronounced jaw..."

Last edited:
The panel today??

I only remember a poster here mentioning something about cleft lip or something like that, in the last thread I think.... not from the HLN panel at all. I honestly didn’t see anything in the photo to give me the impression he had cleft lip. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288