Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the potential for a Ted Kaczynski ending is for this? The arrest was arranged because a family member connected the dots. So far a lot of our discussion about the Delphi culprit is about people being willfully silent, but there was a point where a Kaczynski family member did connect the dots to his brother and approached authorities. Maybe the family of the Delphi culprit was slow to connect the dots because of the original drawing of the suspect looks so different from the one they are using now, but now it looks like their brother.... Just a thought.

Let us see. Depending on who the relatives are.

A wife? Probably. She can divorce him later and change kids’ names.

A brother/sister? Very likely, especially if he/she is older and does not want his/her life to be messed up over this guy. Maybe change the name later, too.

Parents? Way less likely. Mothers will be in denial the longest. Maybe hoping the mistake is made. (Another thing, as I assume the person can pretend, he can persuade any relative it was a mistake).

But in general, the relatives that can estrange themselves from the perp will do it first. And statistically, who almost never abandons their beloved ones? The mothers.

-The panel was talking to Michael Street a retired police sergeant sketch artist & forensic facial imaging expert. He talked about the youthful appearance and the "outstanding feature" which is the longer chin. It was very disproportionate from the rest of the face.
-Joseph Scott Morgan then asked about a possible under bite and focused on the shadow under his bottom lip, like a cleft?
-MS responded that the person has a "strong pronounced jaw..."
Thank You very much.This is what I wanted to know.

I only remember a poster here mentioning something about cleft lip or something like that, in the last thread I think.... not from the HLN panel at all. I honestly didn’t see anything in the photo to give me the impression he had cleft lip. Jmo

I would not see anything from the photo but people with cleft lip would usually sport a mustache. Likewise, a scar on the cheek would be covered by a beard.

-The panel was talking to Michael Street a retired police sergeant sketch artist & forensic facial imaging expert. He talked about the youthful appearance and the "outstanding feature" which is the longer chin. It was very disproportionate from the rest of the face.
-Joseph Scott Morgan then asked about a possible under bite and focused on the shadow under his bottom lip, like a cleft?
-MS responded that the person has a "strong pronounced jaw..."

They were saying to put the focus on the prominent feature, the long chin, and questioned if there was a possible underbite. Nothing I can recall about a “cleft lip” which is totally and completely different and unrelated.
I have to agree with Gumbeaux, this is taking on a life of its own.

I believe the past 2 yrs of investigation has been useful but I'm wishy-washy on "newfound hope". Maybe you're correct... This is a tough one.

I find it hard not to be hopeful here.

The stakes are so high, that they couldn’t possibly risk releasing this second sketch, unless they absolutely believed it was accurate.

For close to two years, BG had the wrong face.

They just might have the right one now.

The thing is, even if the sketch was wrong, the task force was still chasing down leads.

The sketch was only one part of the investigation, so it’s not like two years were wasted.

There were still plenty of other avenues to explore.

This new sketch represents newfound hope, not failure.

Couldn’t agree more MassGuy!

There are strict rules and laws regarding the chain of custody for evidence.

I'm assuming the police can't turn the DNA over to a geneology company. I will look into it further.

I wake up in the middle of the night and check this thread to see if there is an arrest....I check first thing when I wake up....when I get home from work....I'm obsessed!
I truly expect there to be an arrest very soon.

Oh totally. Checking this forum has become my second job. Y'all are like my co-workers.

This was recently mentioned during HLN panel discussion reverse genealogy DNA.
I realize this is farfetched, if LE asked families living near or in Delphi to volunteer and provide DNA.
Certain individuals would see this as a violation of their civil rights.
However, if people volunteered to provide DNA it would be a different matter.
Quickly you smoke out a killer and bring him to justice.
JMO
I read about a fascinating case in Italy few years ago, the victim was a girl about this age, they took over 15,000 - fifteen thousand! - voluntary DNA samples to zero in on the perp through family connections. They started off with a chance match to someone who was a cousin, eventually tracked old DNA that matched his dead biological father, then had to sleuth who was the woman who'd had an affair with the father.

It took several years, and was extra difficult because most people came from very large families. But it perhaps was aided by the way family members in Ialy remain rooted to their home villages and extended family.

The perp was about 40 when he committed the murder, married with 3 children, an online photo shows him cuddling his pet animals. He lived and worked in the area, there was nothing about him to suggest he'd commit that kind of crime, or was likely to do it again.

Italian Murder Case Involving 15,000 Scans is ‘DNA Database Hit of the Year’

There are strict rules and laws regarding the chain of custody for evidence.

I'm assuming the police can't turn the DNA over to a geneology company. I will look into it further.

I don’t understand. The police wouldn’t ‘turn the DNA over’—they’d have it processed by whatever type of lab that they’d use to do DNA work. Then they’d use a copy of that info for the genealogy work. Any suspects that they located through that would eventually have their DNA tested directly against the DNA that the police had obtained from the crime scene.

If I’m not getting the point, someone please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans