ME ME - Cathy Moulton, 16, Portland, 24 Sept 1971

That NH UID from 1971 was ruled out as Cathy. Not sure why it's not listed or updated.
I got that directly from NamUs, and I think I mentioned it somewhere on this thread a while ago.
I have nowhere else to put this.
From NamUs Rep, May 2016: Thank you for this submission, Cathy has been ruled out as this doe.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping. This one is staying on my mind. I don't have anything to add, but maybe if it pops up, someone will.

• moulton_cathy4.jpg
  • Cathy Marie Moulton
    • Missing Since 09/24/1971
    • Missing From Portland, Maine
    • Classification Endangered Missing
    • Date of Birth 06/28/1955 (63)
    • Age16 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'4, 98 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description A navy blue all-weather coat, a navy blue pant dress and brown leather shoes.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics
    • Caucasian female.
    • Brown hair, blue eyes.
    • Cathy's four eyeteeth have been removed and she wore braces on her teeth and thick eyeglasses with heavy dark-colored plastic frames at the time of her disappearance in 1971.

There is more information on the case from the Portland Daily Sun, April 23, 2011, page 10. Names of friends of Everett, a better timeline of his movements, that kind of thing. To read you go to the bottom and click the +, (I was like, hey I can't read this tiny print! when I first saw it.) You can click the arrow button to go to the front page, for the start of the article, but that is all stuff we already know.
The Portland Daily Sun, Saturday, April23, 2011

Oh wow, I think I know who Millie and Donna Augustine are, they are Mi'kmaq from Big Cove. I don't know about Emmett Peter, but Peter is also a Mi'kmaq name. It wouldn't be unusual for both Maliseet and Mi'kmaq to be working picking potatoes in Maine back at that time. (or broccoli cutting, blueberry picking, etc)

I was reading somewhere that there was a sighting of Cathy at the Bangor Mall, and they asked why she would be there. There is a reservation nearby, Indian Island Penobscot reserve. Even though I'm from Tobique, I do have relatives there. Reid probably did too, or friends. They might have stayed there before heading north, stopped at the mall to get Cathy a change of clothes or at least some toiletries? I know it sounds like they didn't have money, but shoplifting?

I thought of one more thing, people keep talking about a camp in Smyrna being some big boy scouts or vacation place with a bunch of cabins or tent sites. I think that's wrong. When I think of camp, I think of a shack or trailer in the middle of nowhere where hunters go, with an outhouse and wood stove. It's a good place to go to party, especially if there are drugs or under-age drinking, cops aren't going to come break it up and arrest people. I wonder if she got tired of waiting for someone to bring her back home, took off on foot, got lost and died in the woods?

Oh wow, I think I know who Millie and Donna Augustine are, they are Mi'kmaq from Big Cove. I don't know about Emmett Peter, but Peter is also a Mi'kmaq name. It wouldn't be unusual for both Maliseet and Mi'kmaq to be working picking potatoes in Maine back at that time. (or broccoli cutting, blueberry picking, etc)

I was reading somewhere that there was a sighting of Cathy at the Bangor Mall, and they asked why she would be there. There is a reservation nearby, Indian Island Penobscot reserve. Even though I'm from Tobique, I do have relatives there. Reid probably did too, or friends. They might have stayed there before heading north, stopped at the mall to get Cathy a change of clothes or at least some toiletries? I know it sounds like they didn't have money, but shoplifting?

The Bangor Mall opened in 1978.

Then that couldn't have been her. They had credible sightings up until Nov 71. I hope she is still alive, but I think she must have died sometime in Nov 71.
I’m positive she’s alive

I don't live on the reservation anymore, but do visit. When I was there a few months back I asked, and Reid was still alive and living there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back