MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #3

How many shots is something I think the public should know, as any one of those bullets could have hit her or even went through a window of a residence, into another vehicle, even hit his partner, etc.

I admit to little knowledge here, how many bullets does the standard cop's gun hold? How many did he fire?

How many shots is something I think the public should know, as any one of those bullets could have hit her or even went through a window of a residence, into another vehicle, even hit his partner, etc.

I admit to little knowledge here, how many bullets does the standard cop's gun hold? How many did he fire?

It definitely looks like the info regarding the amount of shots has been suppressed. Perhaps because it may make the shooting seem less like a reaction and more like an over-reaction?

When I look at this Google result, it says 'more than once' as well, but when I open up the article the info is not there.

bexb40.jpg

https://www.smh.com.au/world/police...han-two-years-experience-20170718-gxd69m.html

Last edited:
I was not aware there was more than one shot-- makes it that much worse for the now convicted defendant. Talk about over-reaction!!!

You know what still gets me? how they got a warrant to search Justine's apartment- like she was a perp--- why didn't they get a warrant to search Noor's home?

I found an article that says the autopsy report had not been released. But it does state that Justine was shot more than once.

Damond, dressed in her pyjamas, reportedly approached the driver’s side window of the police car when it arrived in the alley and an officer shot across his partner at Damond more than once from the passenger seat.

The Hennepin county Medical Examiner’s Office has conducted an autopsy on Damond but the results have not been released.
Justine Damond shooting: Australian woman's last moments heard over US police radio

I can’t believe this. I imagined it was once, I’m feeling numbed by this.
Jail IS the right place for him.

It definitely looks like the info regarding the amount of shots has been suppressed. Perhaps because it may make the shooting seem less like a reaction and more like an over-reaction?

When I look at this Google result, it says 'more than once' as well, but when I open up the article the info is not there.

bexb40.jpg

https://www.smh.com.au/world/police...han-two-years-experience-20170718-gxd69m.html

I have to say that is the first thought I had as well--a panicked reaction, an overreaction when I saw more than one shot. Why would this be suppressed? I guess the trial judge could have ruled ahead of trial it was not allowed as such things are often decided ahead of time to my knowledge... Because if it was allowed, I would see no reason the prosecution would not have used this fact and stressed it...

Interesting.

I have to say that is the first thought I had as well--a panicked reaction, an overreaction when I saw more than one shot. Why would this be suppressed? I guess the trial judge could have ruled ahead of trial it was not allowed as such things are often decided ahead of time to my knowledge... Because if it was allowed, I would see no reason the prosecution would not have used this fact and stressed it...

Interesting.

Yes ilovechili, one shot is a reaction but OMG to continue shooting is criminal.

The lies and coverups regarding this have been dispicable. I truly hope heads will roll across America with this bazaar circus called US Law Enforcement.

It’s not the civilian’s fault but it’s the fools in power that duck and weave their collective responsibility.

I’m sickened by this.
Strength to Justine’s loved ones and go for the fat cat’s throats.

Last edited:
Yes ilovechili, one shot is a reaction but OMG to continue shooting is criminal.

The lies and coverups regarding this have been dispicable. I truly hope heads will roll across America with this bazaar circus called US Law Enforcement.

It’s not the civilian’s fault but it’s the fools in power that duck and weave their collective responsibility.

I’m sickened by this.
Strength to Justine’s loved ones and go for the fat cat’s throats.

I will say that if the gun was emptied or more shots were fired then the 2nd degree charge may have been looked at a bit differently... Or even a lot differently...

I will disagree slightly that all of LE is like this in our nation but I do agree that when politics and votes come into play, power and money, it certainly does exist and I would look from the top down generally....

I was not aware there was more than one shot-- makes it that much worse for the now convicted defendant. Talk about over-reaction!!!

You know what still gets me? how they got a warrant to search Justine's apartment- like she was a perp--- why didn't they get a warrant to search Noor's home?
i remember this well...it struck me at the time but the police and detectives were looking for ANYTHING that could account for her maybe acting in some sort of erratic way ...running around outside...slapping cars...calling 911 for maybe no reason...on and on. They found nothing. No drugs nothing. The multiple shots have been totally supressed...why? Of course again union holds a lot of power here and more than one shot would be 100% worse for their guy. Frankly that could have put me in the 2nd degree camp real fast.

Does anyone know what happened about the cyclist's report and the video the cyclist took? I would bet that s/he knows exactly how many gun shots were heard.

Notice, too, this UK article says shots.

BBM
Their comments come as a mystery cyclist who witnessed a Minneapolis police officer shoot the Australian woman dead has been interviewed by authorities.
The individual has been cooperative and provided an interview [Friday, local time]'.
'This individual was seen bicycling eastbound on West 51st Street immediately before the shooting and stopped at the scene and watched as the officers provided medical assistance to Justine Ruszczyk,' the statement also said.
The cyclist may also have vital video evidence of the fatal shooting which left Ms Damond dead.
A source in possession of direct knowledge of the investigation confirms the witness caught part of the fatal encounter on video ...

Officer Noor, the police officer who fired the fatal shots, is yet to break his silence.
Justine Damond's family slam claim she may have took drugs | Daily Mail Online

i remember this well...it struck me at the time but the police and detectives were looking for ANYTHING that could account for her maybe acting in some sort of erratic way ...running around outside...slapping cars...calling 911 for maybe no reason...on and on. They found nothing. No drugs nothing. The multiple shots have been totally supressed...why? Of course again union holds a lot of power here and more than one shot would be 100% worse for their guy. Frankly that could have put me in the 2nd degree camp real fast.

2nd degree I think would be an entirely different result with that information. jmo.

They searched her house but not his? Wow. I knew of this case from day one but have not followed it on here from day one. I personally would be outraged if I was the family over that alone.

2nd degree I think would be an entirely different result with that information. jmo.

They searched her house but not his? Wow. I knew of this case from day one but have not followed it on here from day one. I personally would be outraged if I was the family over that alone.
We don't know exactly why that warrant was obtained. But I do think it was likely related to Sgt Barrnett's statement that she was probably drunk or on drugs. A totally unsubstantiated statement. BCA may have obtained the warrant to follow up on that. I still believe Barrnett should be investigated for obstruction.

Is there a minimum sentence the judge must impose, or is he free to do as he wishes? Everything I've found relates to max allowed.

TIA
I don't know Minnesota law, but typically in states, there is a minimum. However, the judge can sort of get around that by suspending part of the sentence. He can sentence a defenant to a minimum 5 years for example, but suspend 3 years. so the defendant gets 2 years prison, and 3 years probation, but it still is "5 years." In federal system, minimums are mandatory, very little wiggle room. I honestly don't know what Noor will get for a sentence. Its hard to predict. And no matter what he is sentenced to, he will be eligible for parole. So i would really be surprised if he serves more than 5 years in prison.

I don't know Minnesota law, but typically in states, there is a minimum. However, the judge can sort of get around that by suspending part of the sentence. He can sentence a defenant to a minimum 5 years for example, but suspend 3 years. so the defendant gets 2 years prison, and 3 years probation, but it still is "5 years." In federal system, minimums are mandatory, very little wiggle room. I honestly don't know what Noor will get for a sentence. Its hard to predict. And no matter what he is sentenced to, he will be eligible for parole. So i would really be surprised if he serves more than 5 years in prison.
that is my prediction 5 years minimum. ...but he will need to get out of Minnesota and not likely to be very productive in his future life. Prison life should be very rough too. I have zero sympathy for this one.

that is my prediction 5 years minimum. ...but he will need to get out of Minnesota and not likely to be very productive in his future life. Prison life should be very rough too. I have zero sympathy for this one.
He will never be a cop again or be allowed to have a gun. And his future will be limited with that hanging over his head.

and she still has a job? First order of business should have been to fire her
She really should be investigated. In some ways, she really made this situation a lot worse for Noor. If he had just fessed up immediately, cooperated, admitted he made a huge mistake, he wouldn't be in as bad a position right now. There would have been consequences for sure, but he wouldn't be looking at 10 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back