Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHICAGO (WLS) -- The ABC7 I-Team has obtained the original missing person report in the case of 5-year-old Crystal Lake boy AJ Freund.

The narrative written by police notes that AJ's father, Andrew Freund Sr., was "very calm throughout my interaction with him, not showing much emotion when speaking about his missing child."

READ: AJ Freund missing person report

The officer "asked Andrew if he had a recent picture of AJ. Andrew searched his photos in his phone, but wasn't able to find a picture."

Police noted the house "was in disarray" and JoAnn "seemed frantic, crying and having scattered thoughts."

SEE INSIDE: AJ Freund home photos from 2013 show filthy conditions

SEE INSIDE: Photos show dilapidated and filthy conditions inside the Crystal Lake home in 2013, before and around the birth of AJ Freund.

A responding officer wrote that he heard JoAnn take a call on speaker from her incarcerated boyfriend where he asked her "if she found AJ yet though she never said he was lost while I was present at their residence."

According to the report, Andrew didn't know what color AJ's eyes were, and had said they were blue but changed his answer to brown after hearing JoAnn answer.

Officers noted there were mouse droppings on AJ's bedsheets and on the floor of his bedroom. There was a lock on the outside of AJ's door for overnight hours and once "Andrew said AJ had exited the window once before, so he secured it by drilling two screws into the window."

Andrew said he searched the home for AJ for over an hour before notifying Crystal Lake police. Andrew told police he went to AJ's elementary school to see if he had walked there on his own, but found no sign of his son.

Prosecutors said AJ's mom, Joann Cunningham, had video on her phone more than a month before his death that showed AJ with bruises to his face and body. AJ's dad Andrew Freund Sr. told investigators the injuries were caused by Joann.

The father, referred to by prosecutors in the documents as "Drew," also said "on or about" Sunday, April 15, AJ had lied about his soiled underwear and was subjected to a 20-minute cold shower as punishment. He said he put AJ to bed, "cold, wet and naked," according to the documents.

(From @Thora_Jay link, post #540

I have serious doubt that he told the truth about the length of the shower. I bet it was much longer than 20 minutes, and likely contributed to AJ's death. MOO Poor little guy.

Edited for typing errors

Honestly, I feel better now too about hearing all the other bedwetting stories and such amazing parents!! My almost 7 year old still does and he opts for a nighttime underpants and a chuck (we got it from the hospital lol!) we’ve never made him feel bad about it (maybe the occasional “let’s not have so much water before bed”) he takes his own nighttime underpants and and chuck and puts it in the wash every time it gets wet. We’ve never told him he had to - EVER. But he he’s such a wonderful mature kid he feels like he needs to do it so we let him. He will tell us it’s in the wash and we clean it for him with a smile. It’s not his fault. Poor AJ should NEVER EVER have had to feel bad ESPECIALLY since he was probably locked in a room and stuck in a CRIB!! What child can get out of a crib in a locked room and not have an accident. I hate this people so much. I wish and pray every second I had known about him and i would have went all the way there and rescued his beautiful soul.

And bed wetting isn’t going to suddenly stop as a result of punishment. The house was disgusting, it’s not like he caused more housework.
We can only believe he rescued P from a lifetime of horror & abuse, & maybe the baby.
AJ should receive a ‘medal of honor’ posthumously, he fought one hell of a war, single handedly.

Last edited:
This whole case is horrific.

I hope that there is a special place in hell where people who abused children and animals have what they did to their victims done to them over and over and over for eternity.

That poor child. The only silver lining is that he's now in a place where he will never have to experience pain or fear again.

RIP, AJ.

I have serious doubt that he told the truth about the length of the shower. I bet it was much longer than 20 minutes, and likely contributed to AJ's death. MOO Poor little guy.

Edited for typing errors

And the cold, wet, naked.....I think AJ was violently convulsing & Drew assumed he was shivering? Idk
What did they not do to this poor child?
I don’t think either of them misses AJ or relive their abuse, they are only pissed they got caught, moo.

Here’s a couple articles regarding AF’s office. Apparently, it was in Riverside IL, which is about 47 miles from Lake Crystal or 1 hr 15 minute commute from Dole Ave house.

Freund practiced law in Riverside. A man who answered at a phone number listed for AF’s law office on Thursday described Freund as an “independent contractor” but would not provide additional information and declined to give his name.
AJ Freund's dad had been ordered to undergo drug treatment to keep law license

Although he lives in Crystal Lake, AF Sr. is an attorney whose professional address is listed at 24 East Ave. in Riverside, a storefront in the Tower Apartments owned by a real estate trust.
Crystal Lake man accused of killing son has Riverside ties

As I said before, I was told that Freund did in fact work from his home.

And bed wetting isn’t going to suddenly stop as a result of punishment. The house was disgusting, it’s not like he caused more housework.
We can only believe he rescued P from a lifetime of horror & abuse, & maybe the baby.
AJ should receive a ‘medal of honor’ posthumously for he fought one hell of a war, single handedly.

That house looks like that, yet he was punished for not doing dishes properly.

Unbelievable.

AJ should receive a ‘medal of honor’ posthumously for he fought one hell of a war, single handedly.
I cried reading this because he was bedwetting BECAUSE of his abuse - no doubt. P and the baby will now be safe and you are 100% correct - AJ is a hero. I just wish I could hug him and tell him how loved he is. My boys WILL never be subjected to that kind of abuse and I hope to be able to do more for other children - that’s all I can do for now. I have already inquired about becoming a CASA volunteer and here my journey to help other children begins. No more AJ cases ever again

Has this been discussed? How sick does one have to be not only to abuse AJ the way he was but to actually FILM it?

Thank goodness they did, but why?

Did they enjoy watching the rerun later?

Ugggh.

This whole case is horrific.

I hope that there is a special place in hell where people who abused children and animals have what they did to their victims done to them over and over and over for eternity.

That poor child. The only silver lining is that he's now in a place where he will never have to experience pain or fear again.

RIP, AJ.

And how sick he must have been after the March 04 beating, likely worsening daily, only subjected to further abuse.
I’m unclear if the ME thinks he died from 03-04 beating or if he had yet another one on the day he died. I personally believe the 03-04 was the beginning of the end.
How I wish anyone had walked in that house and caught them abusing AJ & gave them a dose of their own medicine.

Has this been discussed? How sick does one have to be not only to abuse AJ the way he was but to actually FILM it?

Thank goodness they did, but why?

Did they enjoy watching the rerun later?

Ugggh.

I think she did, yes. But why!
Possibly she had ulterior motives? Maybe to blame Drew?
But that wouldn’t work.....”so you made a video but didn’t call 911.”
They clearly did not think.
I really do wonder if they both received gratification from abusing him?

Put in a google search the number
815-477-4900
You will see the business address of 94 Dole.

Go to homemetry and put in 94 Dole Bull Valley Illinois. Yes Bull Valley.

As I said before, I was told that Freund did in fact work from his home.

The articles I linked don't say he practiced out of the Riverside location. It only says he used it for his professional address. Without it being confirmed he actually practiced out of that store front office in Riverside it’s up for speculation.
jmo

The articles I linked don't say he practiced out of the Riverside location. It only says he used it for his professional address. Without it being confirmed he actually practiced out of that store front office in Riverside it’s up for speculation.
jmo
He also practiced out of his home.
Not a speculation it is a fact.

jmo

I think he only had the one PI case he was currently working.
Obviously he could not meet with a client in his home.....

I’d love to know the last time a friend of family member was there.

I think he only had the one PI case he was currently working.
Obviously he could not meet with a client in his home.....

I’d love to know the last time a friend of family member was there.

According to the MSM article posted a few posts up. JC's friend was at the house when AF dialed 911 to report AJ missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member