Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

or this?
images
These are possibilities, too! I sort of see an Elmer Fudd-type hat with earflaps tied or snapped up with a short brim in front (shorter brim than a baseball cap) but it is such a hazy view of him. I keep trying to make sense of his shoulders on up. All IMO.

Fear and (likely) a weapon, were the only things he needed.

They hoped to make it out of this alive, and likely complied until it was too late.

I can game several scenarios in my head, that would inhibit their ability to run or fight back.

Perhaps they did those things, but were no match for a stronger, faster, motivated monster.
I feel when some think of two people, they assume it would be harder to control them. But for innocent young ladies such as themselves who have probably never been in a real confrontation; their number advantage is lost. I am not a tough guy, but I have been in plenty of fist fights back in the day, I know my own strength; chances are this guy is confident enough in his own abilities that he did too. If this guy is salt of the earth, working class; chances are two young females aren't going to be much of an issue; especially with a weapon. One person with a note can take control of a bank during robberies, this is the art of confidence. Most people don't want to get hurt and think being submissive will lessen the danger. There is a gray area between fight or flight and it's called freezing up.

... and cameras.

One year after the murders, post by @gregjrichards:

“We want to make sure every park and every trail entry point has some sort of cameras and some lighting and better signage and markings, said Leahy.

In addition to the visible security measures, Leahy said a new E911 Overlay mapping system will give emergency services precise maps of where the trail markers are and how to access them;the goal is to reduce response time if someone calls in about an incident.

The task force signed a contract with Digital Video Solutions and Security, a company based out of Avila, Indiana, to install an estimated 70 cameras at trail access points. Members hope the cameras can assist law enforcement should any time of crime or vandalism occur along the trails.

The trail markers are essentially done and waiting to be installed along the path when the weather gets warmer. Leahy says they will need to wait until the spring before they can do trenching to bring electrical to certain areas, but she anticipates all the security improvements to be complete within the next six to eight months.”

Trail improvements planned and funded, 1 year after Delphi double murder
FEBRUARY 14, 2018

Additionally from the same link:
“The task force raised roughly $90,000 through online contributions, and received a $50,000 matching grant from the Indiana House and Community Development Authority. It’s enough to pay for better lighting at all five trail access points, cameras, information kiosks at three points along the trail, public WiFi in places and trail markers placed every tenth of a mile.“

Post source:
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

Last edited:
LE have not mentioned anything about gunshots or a gun involved.

Its possible one was used as a threat to subdue and scare the two girls into submission but AFAIK, nobody has come forward to say gunshot/s were heard and LE have not made a statement at this time.

moo

RE: Gunshots.....I'm thinking there are enough hills and valleys in that immediate area that there would be a series of echoes had a gun been used. But that's just MOO.

I think it was maybe just the manner it was said, maybe just saying one could have been restrained would be a little more appropriate. (not judging you or trying to be insulting)

We will have to disagree. I don't see anything wrong with my response in the context of the conversation and what I was replying to. I appreciate the advice though.

Apologies if this has already been posted for you.

November 11, 2016

Four young sisters die in Indiana house fire

Thanks, JDough. I think the original poster mentioned a fire incident separate from the Flora Fire which supposedly occurred in Delphi the same day as the murders. Upon my request for a source, it seems one can not be provided (yet).

Last edited:
Fear and (likely) a weapon, were the only things he needed.

They hoped to make it out of this alive, and likely complied until it was too late.

I can game several scenarios in my head, that would inhibit their ability to run or fight back.

Perhaps they did those things, but were no match for a stronger, faster, motivated monster.

He thought of it all. He was planning it for a long time, and he probably has obsessive pattern of thinking, so he went through different scenarios in his head.

They were smart girls, but much younger, and probably never thinking along the lines of, "what should I do if I am abducted on a bridge, in broad daylight, together with my best friend?"

He probably has the ability to gauge people's reactions. So he must have used a gun and threatened the one that was less decisive by nature. By doing this, he tied up her friend who could not run away and abandon her friend (and anyhow, two people are not a match for a gun). They were probably thinking of how they could overtake him, but were unable to cooperate. I think one still had the chance to escape, but at the cost of sacrificing the other one, her friend, and she simply could not do it.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. We never knew they were using familial DNA until after the arrest.
I don't think they are going to say anything about it in this case, either. Imo

It was great to hear/see what they had achieved with ONLY being informed after the arrest of GSK at the Press Conference and info following.
I agree, similarly here, AFTER the arrest we will hear of LE's hard work LINKING BG.
MOO.

Last edited:
You make a great point. IMO, sketch #1 was of a real person. LE found him, and were able to rule him out 100%.
As others have suggested the current sketch would also make sense if LE lost faith in the “witness” who helped create the originally published sketch.

That could have happened for any number of innocuous reasons. But it’s interesting to imagine how LEs recent actions fit w/a scenario where that witness has now become the suspect.

Does anyone know how large the Delphi PD is? I only ask because some of the smaller agencies don't know about DNA Parabon, or don't have the funds to get a profile and genealogy done. I know of a PD in outskirts of a large city, that is not familiar with the process and was asking about it recently. We just assume that everyone knows what we know. But the truth is, not every agency has the money or the manpower, or is up on all the new technology that is out there to help solve these cases. I really think that if they have a full profile this would be a great way to go.

They know about Parabon. Also it is not just local PD handling this case. We’ve got ISP, FBI...

Qmfr:
Delphi murder investigators using same DNA tech that led to Fort Wayne cold case arrest

“Investigators working on the Delphi case are now using the same DNA technology used to arrest a man near Fort Wayne this week, suspected in the 1988 murder of a little girl.“

Reference:
Suspect in 1988 killing of Indiana girl, 8, appears in court

“Investigators examined genealogy databases — the same search method that helped lead investigators in California to alleged Golden State Killer Joseph James DeAngelo in April — in the search for Tinsley's killer, according to the affidavit.

It's still unclear how detectives Brian Martin of the Fort Wayne Police Department and Clint Hetrick of the Indiana State Police used DNA information in the Tinsley case, but the affidavit says they worked with "highly trained genealogist" CeCe Moore, a genetic genealogist.“

Last edited:
As others have suggested the current sketch would also make sense if LE lost faith in the “witness” who helped create the originally published sketch.

That could have happened for any number of innocuous reasons. But it’s interesting to imagine how LEs recent actions for w/a scenario where that witness has now become the suspect.

I think it’s unlikely an earlier witness has now become a suspect.

July 17/17
“Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered.”
Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

I think a gun was used to control the girls, too. I'm not so sure that it was actually fired. I live out in the country and hear so many gunshots on a regular basis that they no longer register to me. I probably wouldn't be able to remember which day I heard one, much less what time.

Where I live there are no gun shots heard.
If there was one, the Police phones would 'explode', I would think.
MOO.

This post makes me so sad, they had so much hope with that first sketch:

@gregjrichards

Mom hopes composite sketch will help crack unsolved killings of Indiana teens
Jul 17, 2017

"Abby's mother, Anna Williams, told ABC News today the new sketch "means we are just one step closer."

"Nothing you do now is going to bring the girls back. But the person who did this is going to have to pay the consequences for that," she said. "We really truly hope that this is the piece of the puzzle that we need to bring justice to our girls."

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

I feel when some think of two people, they assume it would be harder to control them. But for innocent young ladies such as themselves who have probably never been in a real confrontation; their number advantage is lost. I am not a tough guy, but I have been in plenty of fist fights back in the day, I know my own strength; chances are this guy is confident enough in his own abilities that he did too. If this guy is salt of the earth, working class; chances are two young females aren't going to be much of an issue; especially with a weapon. One person with a note can take control of a bank during robberies, this is the art of confidence. Most people don't want to get hurt and think being submissive will lessen the danger. There is a gray area between fight or flight and it's called freezing up.

When in fear, some folk freeze.
I was attending an advanced Self Defence Course run by the Police.
For our 'final', we were informed, there will be an attack on Wednesday: use your skills, and don't worry as the staged attacker will be well padded.

Well, nothing happened to me.
So Wednesday evening, when at the entrance to the Self Defence Class, I was attacked.
I FROZE.
I failed.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads