Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that stuck out to me during that PC was the talk about why dive teams are there "Sometimes they're recovery. Sometimes they're rescue. This one was a recovery." He talked about it as though there was a purpose for the diver's being there. He quickly threw in the comment about it just being for training, but he didn't sound as confident talking about why the team was there to begin with as he did everything else. It makes me feel like they were definitely there for more than just training.

It could be they do not want people to know a tip lead to the discovery because this means they potentially have a lot more information about what happened and they don't want the suspects to know they are on to them. I hope and pray that is the case.

I am just suspicious because the odds of there being a joint Saraland/Mobile PD dive training session just seems kind of like something that doesn't normally happen. There are plenty of places to train in Mobile.

I think it's more than likely they got a tip, and they planned their dive training around that tip. For sure, at this juncture, they knew there was no hurry (i.e. no possible chance of a rescue v a recovery). And if that tip involved potential suspects, they'd not want to release that into in order to preserve the element of surprise.

I think it was a tip, regardless I think people are going to start squealing like piggies. Worried about who knows what and who has said what, worried about what evidence is in the car, worried about who has talked to the police.
I was sure she wasn't going to be found for years. I was sure this was a cold case. I am, I don't even know what the appropriate word is, but honestly I am so glad that she has been found (assuming this is her) and that she can be properly put to rest, once she's older her daughter will be able to visit her burial site and not be wondering where her mother is, and hopefully this discovery will finally bring the justice that Danniella Vian so desperately deserves.

It could be they do not want people to know a tip lead to the discovery because this means they potentially have a lot more information about what happened and they don't want the suspects to know they are on to them. I hope and pray that is the case.

I am just suspicious because the odds of there being a joint Saraland/Mobile PD dive training session just seems kind of like something that doesn't normally happen. There are plenty of places to train in Mobile.

I don't think Saraland was involved. I read in article -- and now I can't remember which news station -- that it was MPD and neighboring city Daphne PD that were training.

I think it was a tip, regardless I think people are going to start squealing like piggies. Worried about who knows what and who has said what, worried about what evidence is in the car, worried about who has talked to the police.
I was sure she wasn't going to be found for years. I was sure this was a cold case. I am, I don't even know what the appropriate word is, but honestly I am so glad that she has been found (assuming this is her) and that she can be properly put to rest, once she's older her daughter will be able to visit her burial site and not be wondering where her mother is, and hopefully this discovery will finally bring the justice that Danniella Vian so desperately deserves.

I always thought she got in an accident and that she would be found in water. How did they decide this is a homicide before even pulling out the car? I would assume that the body was visible but after a year of being submerged I would wait for an autopsy to decide cause and manner of death. I really hope it wasn't faul play.

The location is so strange. It is completely removed from where we know she usually hung out or her family or daughter's family lived and worked. We have not identified anyone who lived in this area and it didn't seem to be a place of interest for anyone searching (including family). Why would she be driving up there if it were accidental?

The location is so strange. It is completely removed from where we know she usually hung out or her family or daughter's family lived and worked. We have not identified anyone who lived in this area and it didn't seem to be a place of interest for anyone searching (including family). Why would she be driving up there if it were accidental?
maybe she was drunk or disoriented, got lost - and we know she didn't have her phone to use the gps or google maps

RIP Danielle. The location rules out accident. A boat ramp of course suggests someone wanted the car not found.

My guess is that the tip was that a boater vaguely made out the car on the bottom, as the water is probably murky most of the time and the car would be covered in sediment. Corfield Park boat ramp pics attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.37.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.37.43 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.44.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 12.44.31 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 72

The following quoted post is from last night. It seems she did have a good friend in this neighborhood.

From this live video...

The car will remain submerged until morning. A friend of Daniella’s is on the scene and will not leave until they pull the car out. This friend actually lives in this neighborhood and is completely stunned that this is where Daniella has been the whole time. She worries that Daniella has been found in the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson