GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
But their security system kept track of all doors or windows that were opened, and what time they were breached.
Yes, but CW regularly opened the back door at night to let the dog out.

Again I’m not saying he had help, but we don’t know he didn’t. The absence of evidence is not evidence. And the amount of time LE spent in the WI interview asking CW questions about NK makes some believe there may in fact be evidence we don’t know about. If that’s the case we may never know as it’s probably not enough to convict. Plus SW’s family may prefer to avoid a trial that would uncover more horrific details and drag their daughter’s memory through social media mud all over again.

JMO

Last edited:
But their security system kept track of all doors or windows that were opened, and what time they were breached.
I don't have time to go back and look this up, but I was under the impression that their security system was having problems, possibly being manually disabled at times, which is why SW was intent on getting it fixed, although she was in NC. Do I remember that wrong?

I don’t think CW had help, moo.
I don't either, but I think he was under constant pushing from the mistress from the night of the 11th, through just a few hours before he murdered the family. I don't mean she was pushing him to kill, but pushing him to leave SW. He was too cowardly to even tell SW to the end that he had a mistress, obviously he never would, killing was easier as he never developed adequate communication skills.

As I mentioned before, I am on the fence as to the mistress possibly visiting CW that night, during or after the call, I think she was that angry. And I would like to know who pulled out of that parking area between houses exactly at the moment CW went to get his truck to get SW's body and the kids. And, what the dogs were reacting to in the basement, and why CW took so many steps, as someone else pointed out.

All the other stuff about planned explosions, etc, I think it's not easy to plan off the cuff explosions with crude oil. And the thing about SW being there at cervi 3-19 in a low chassis car, having a gate key, with or without kids, none of it makes sense to me.

Since I, with help from others, researched which of his co-workers arrived, and at what time, it seems he arrived at Cervi at about 7:05-7:15, with the first co-workers showing up at 8:30. He had time to murder his kids. And bury SW in that haphazard manner, IMO

Last edited:
Why would anyone think it is usual for a man to tell his wife about a mistress?

If you read about Marla Maples or Karen McDougall, that seems how it goes. Hidden, secret.

I don't have time to go back and look this up, but I was under the impression that their security system was having problems, possibly being manually disabled at times, which is why SW was intent on getting it fixed, although she was in NC. Do I remember that wrong?
I remember that too, but can’t remember who said it to who. I think it may have been something CW told SW when she was in NC (explaining why he had to turn it off) and she relayed to her girlfriend. Or CW may have said it to LE. Unfortunately I don’t have time to go back and find it either but hopefully someone here will remember the specifics.

Yes, but CW regularly opened the back door at night to let the dog out.

Again I’m not saying he had help, but we don’t know he didn’t. The absence of evidence is not evidence. And the amount of time LE spent in the WI interview asking CW questions about NK makes some believe there may in fact be evidence we don’t know about. If that’s the case we may never know as it’s probably not enough to convict. Plus SW’s family may prefer to avoid a trial that would uncover more horrific details and drag their daughter’s memory through social media mud all over again.

JMO
That's what I was trying to say in my post of last night. It's not accurate (IMO) to say there is clear proof that no one (else) was in the house. I wasn't making the alternative argument that someone WAS in the house, just that you can't have clear proof of that negative, that no one else was there, given the lack of security cameras in the back. I don't think I could prove that no one else was in my own house last night. Except that a passel of inside dogs didn't bark all night.

Last edited:
I remember that too, but can’t remember who said it to who. I think it may have been something CW told SW when she was in NC (explaining why he had to turn it off) and she relayed to her girlfriend. Or CW may have said it to LE. Unfortunately I don’t have time to go back and find it either but hopefully someone here will remember the specifics.
There were texts from her to CW mentioning the Vivent (sp) and why it wasn't working, that he should call them, something like that.

I don't think he had help committing the crime. However, I do believe that she influenced the outcome and if they were to get all those deleted messages she would look a hell of a lot worse than she already does.
Me too. I keep thinking of the recent case where that sick high school gal kept urging her friend to kill himself. He was actually in his car with the exhaust rigged to fill the car, and she was texting him to go ahead with it. He was having second thoughts, but she egged him on and he died.

OK, I don't mean that NK egged CW on to kill, but I think he was having second thoughts about leaving (if only because he was realizing he didn't have enough $$), and that she kept pushing him to leave, and leave now. (finding apartments, getting into his finances, making plans how she would interact with the kids), He, showing me he was having second thoughts...he didn't even tell NK until he was on the Saturday 5 pm date that he wouldn't be able to spend the night with her. What a slap in the face.)

Totally. I also feel like CW's family don't really grasp the legal process, laws, rules and procedures, or professional ways to proceed. They are way out of their league. It felt like from the early interviews on, his mother just wanted to stamp her foot and yell, "It's not fair!" and "Even if he did it, he should fight it. I would." They let that total nutcase woman actually file a documented request to the court, on Mama Watts' behalf, requesting that the judge call CW's mom. The whole thing was absurd. I actually felt somewhat sorry for them at the time, being thrown into the legal system with no idea what was going on, no guidance, and clearly listening to misguided vultures who had their own agendas. But I question their critical thinking abilities, among other things.

I also find it absolutely mind-boggling that for such a high profile case, they didn't seek out every possible resource. Even with limited funds, you would think someone fairly competent would have at least pointed them in the right direction, either for their own publicity/profile, or out of pity, or just as a professional courtesy. Starting with, don't let a total stranger file some embarrassing on the record request to the judge to call the defendant's mother and making the accusation that CW was receiving "inhumane" treatment - while admitting they had no knowledge of anything! Cringe-worthy.

So, jmo, it wouldn't surprise me if CW's mother just doesn't like the way this case ultimately ended, is stamping her foot, wants a different outcome because this one kind of sucks for CW, and thinks there is some way to "appeal" a plea agreement which isn't even the right description or verbiage or based on any real evidence of wrongdoing. I think she's just spouting her wishes, without any regard or knowledge of facts and case law and precedents and the constitution and all those pesky details. Listening to hype and cheerleading from trolls and deranged Internet fan clubs. I guess they got nothing else to do with time, but they need to just quietly go away.... imo.

Imo it's a matter of class. Any of us could fly off the handle and say horrible things under stress. I tend to think I would be the one curled up in the corner, catatonic, but that's just me, never having had a son or daughter who murdered even little kids.

Here's where the class comes in, and I don't mean upper class, lower class, just class in that one knows what is done or not done through basic decency.

That person with class knows when it's time to apologize, better on the same media she and her husband used to criticize the woman/mother their son murdered, but at least in private to the Rzuceks.

The only pity I have for them is that CW was always playing with their feelings. It's no surprise to me that when he made the plea for all the murders, all he told them was "he was doing it for a purpose" (para).

Earlier on the board a poster made a great observation that I had never considered before, that the weak person's last strength is to play the enigma to keep people at arm's length, to keep observers from realizing there really is no one home. I think he did that over and over with his family, look how he told FBI/CBI/Frederick police that he drove with his kids for an hour before murdering them in cold blood, telling them before he even told his parents.

The way he treated his family with the mind games may have contributed to their melt down on TV, but in the end the words came out of their own mouths, with no subsequent apology. And that is where the lack of class comes in. IMO

So who was helping him, then? Bella? Cece? Because there's clear evidence that no one else was in the home that morning, or they would have been seen coming or going on the neighbor's surveillance camera, or the Watts' own security footage.
There were no cameras in the back It would be easy to get in and out of a basement window

L
I disagree with this - I don't believe he relished his time in front of the camera at all. He's what the industry calls a covert narcissist. He's almost the opposite of attention seeking - he thinks because he said Shannan went on a playdate, there should be no more attention on the subject and people should move on without ever questioning further. He said playdate so playdate it is - it doesn't matter you found her phone, her purse, the kids meds etc etc ....I said she's on a playdate!
Full of himself that's for sure

There were no cameras in the back It would be easy to get in and out of a basement window

I agree, and the fact that he pointed that out that there where no camera's in the back in one of the tv interviews is pretty interesting but i can't remember if they asked it specificly or that he said it himself.

Don't have an exact time frame but more discovery is due to be released.

Oh man really? Is there a site or something to be notified when it does?

I agree, and the fact that he pointed that out that there where no camera's in the back in one of the tv interviews is pretty interesting but i can't remember if they asked it specificly or that he said it himself.

Oh man really? Is there a site or something to be notified when it does?
IIRC he brought it up himself, trying to put out an alternate way she could have escaped or that someone took her. He mentioned it would have been possible since there were no cameras there. (In one of the porch interviews).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni