Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did read in one of those articles researching familial DNA that it is finally starting to explode with some high profile results. But it has taken a while to take off because a lot of departments still consider it a last resort and put all their old standby investigative methods first. Only recently the case of the older couple murdered in AZ I think was quickly solved using it as a first line method.

I think that one reason it might be considered a last resort is if there aren’t all that many people out there with the skills needed to work all the cases.

I saw an article recently that described how a lot of cases were being submitted to Parabon, who then prioritized easy-to-solve cases, and set aside the more difficult ones? Does anyone else remember seeing that?

For two years we have been looking for the schlubbiest degenerate ever. People were listing all kinds of suspects based on social status in town. Didn’t ever see any choir boys come up. Only guys who could possibly be nicknamed Bubba.
Wonder why that is?
Idiots on Facebook are not investigators.

Thank God.

How do you know who law enforcement was looking at?

I don't know. I don't think there's any way possible that the FBI, Indiana state police, Carroll County Sheriff and Delphi Police have failed to thoroughly investigate a possible perp due to their standing in the community or religious ties.
I agree. I also highly doubt they only just started to investigate the person in the newly released sketch on 4/22. I’m sure they’ve been working that lead for at least a few months before they decided to go public with it.

Last edited:
I am reading alot (maybe too much?) with Carter's reference to the movie, the Shack.

I read the book when it first came out (I honestly didn't really think much of it when I read it) I have not seen the movie.

I do think that that the key to this case and Carter's reference to The Shack lies in the last few sections of the book. It is interesting if you try to correlate what happens in the book to this case and try to put things together.

Just some food for thought on a Friday morning.

Would you be willing to summarize the key points that correlate to the case? With a spoiler alert, of course.
Fast moving thread here, if this was already answered please just direct me to the post..

thats not how it works, they work the dna back to potential suspects, then they go and get that persons dna by disgarded stuff in some cases.
I don't think that's really how the genealogists who have cracked the recent cases describe what they have done. CeCe Moore described well how she identified April Tinsley's killer. They upload the DNA to Gedmatch and identify relatives, usually 3rd and 4th cousins. They run that back to establish their common ancestor, often someone born in the 1800s then they meticulously build out their family trees through census records, newspapers, high school annuals, etc, then they identify of those family trees someone who moved to IN in the proper time frame. And finally to someone living (or in some cases visiting) in proximity to the murder. In that case she found 2 brothers, one who had not married and lived a reclusive life. She gives the info to LE who goes to get their discarded DNA and a match is made.
Regarding a missing person, one I read about that is taking a while is the case of El Dorado Jane Doe. They have finally identified her great grandparents but now it is a matter of reconciling which grand parent had an illegitimate child or gave a child up for adoption. That has required some tiptoeing I believe!
Anyone who has ever built their own family tree knows how tedious it is with dead ends and creative work arounds. Much less all the trees from one ancestor born in 1805! Now they are training LE agencies to do it themselves instead of hobbyists.

A demon I’ve been reading about that is currently awaiting trial for double murder and abduction of a Wisconsin family.

Oh believe me I know all about the Closs case and Patterson. I just didn’t connect that was to whom you were referring.

As far as that goes, I would assume a DNA hit would be made if what they have recovered from the crime scene is indeed a viable sample from BG.

Last edited:
I don't think that's really how the genealogists who have cracked the recent cases describe what they have done. CeCe Moore described well how she identified April Tinsley's killer. They upload the DNA to Gedmatch and identify relatives, usually 3rd and 4th cousins. They run that back to establish their common ancestor, often someone born in the 1800s then they meticulously build out their family trees through census records, newspapers, high school annuals, etc, then they identify of those family trees someone who moved to IN in the proper time frame. And finally to someone living (or in some cases visiting) in proximity to the murder. In that case she found 2 brothers, one who had not married and lived a reclusive life. She gives the info to LE who goes to get their discarded DNA and a match is made.
Regarding a missing person, one I read about that is taking a while is the case of El Dorado Jane Doe. They have finally identified her great grandparents but now it is a matter of reconciling which grand parent had an illegitimate child or gave a child up for adoption. That has required some tiptoeing I believe!
Anyone who has ever built their own family tree knows how tedious it is with dead ends and creative work arounds. Much less all the trees from one ancestor born in 1805! Now they are training LE agencies to do it themselves instead of hobbyists.
They literally build a profile of the killer and wait for him to disgard stuff with their dna on it and match it to the one on file. It takes a while to do it but thats what they are doing.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Earlier someone made a reference to BG's walk and how he may have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. As someone with EDS, I can assure you that the majority of us walk just fine. If we DON'T walk "just fine" then it means we're probably in a wheel chair. Anyone with EDS who was having that much trouble walking certainly wouldn't be able to attack two girls at the same time or, better yet, be able to make it down that embankment and across the creek. Once we start having noticeable trouble walking, that's pretty much the end of the line for us.

Source: My mom, my grandmother, my son, my daughter, and myself all have various types of EDS and I belong to an online support group of more than 10,000 people. None of us buy the idea that you could tell BG had it just by looking at him. As bad as the disease is, we look exactly the same as you. That's why it's called an invisible illness.

And also, can we please slow down on the internet diagnoses? EDS is already a rare and complicated illness with a lot of misinformation out there. It's difficult to diagnose via actual genetic and clinical tests, there's no way for it to be diagnosed via a grainy picture on the internet. Those of us with it spend a lot of time navigating the sometimes overwhelming series of disorders that it can cause.
I agree completely! <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard for one person to get rid of two bodies, especially where they found them. However you got to understand i dont think the crime took place at the park. Maybe around it or in that area but not exactly at the park

They were two small teenage girls.

Its not difficult to dispose of their little bodies.

Why would LE not advise they are looking for two perps?

Are you saying this due to the two sketches released by LE? Because sketch 1 guy was cleared and it was not him.

Why do you think the killing didn't take place at the park?

moo

It is going cold is what motivated it. They are trying to form new leads. Means the other leads have stalled.
How do you think they came to the conclusion that the suspect is much younger than they originally thought? And that he is someone other than the person depicted in the first sketch? Or that he is from Delphi? Just a hunch?

They were two small teenage girls.

Its not difficult to dispose of their little bodies.

Why would LE not advise they are looking for two perps?

Are you saying this due to the two sketches released by LE because sketch 1 guy was cleared and it was not him.

Why do you think the killing didn't take place at the park
moo
It is just my theory it is two people, second we dont know what backwood paths are around that area.

Idiots on Facebook are not investigators.

Thank God.

How do you know who law enforcement was looking at?
DN, CE, TB, RL, etc. Did we not have pages of speculation about these guys? W they not all investigated based on sketch #1 instead of going to the credit union to see if the branch manager had a reason for shaving his soul patch?
If they’ve been looking at these kind of people then it stands to reason that they had a type of heathen in mind and it wasn’t the manager of the Piggly Wiggly or the HS football coach. JMO but that reason is class bias. Again, JMO MOO IMHO JFC

How do you think they came to the conclusion that the suspect is much younger than they originally thought? And that he is someone other than the person depicted in the first sketch? Or that he is from Delphi? Just a hunch?

Nooooooow we’re getting down to it, lol. :)

For me, as Fitzgerald would say in the Closs case, these are “million dollar questions”. As for the latest released sketch, this imo comes down to witness’ reliability and subjective interpretation for one which can get very iffy, imo.

As far as the other sketch now being ruled out as being BG, I don’t know what to think about that. I’ve been meaning to listen to that podcast that supposedly references this, but then got strayed away when some posters said they didn’t even have some basic facts right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member