Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week, Cunningham's family said she stopped communicating with them a couple years ago. They said they had gained custody of her older son by another father six years ago, and recently were trying to get her to move out with AJ and his younger brother.
Andrew 'AJ' Freund's foster family releases statement: 'AJ was loved by us'

I’m confused. JC cut off communication but recently family tried to get her to move. Which is true?
Who was trying to get her to move? Where was she to go? How could she afford to live separately?

Last week, Cunningham's family said she stopped communicating with them a couple years ago. They said they had gained custody of her older son by another father six years ago, and recently were trying to get her to move out with AJ and his younger brother.

This^^^^^is from a previously linked msm article.
I’m confused. JC cut off communication but recently family tried to get her to move. Which is true?

I think the family has regrets tbh. Grandmother fought hard for the oldest, but it seems she didn’t try for this one. I really don’t know their life so I probably shouldn’t judge. It’s just how I see it.

I think the family has regrets tbh. Grandmother fought hard for the oldest, but it seems she didn’t try for this one. I really don’t know their life so I probably shouldn’t judge. It’s just how I see it.

What could they do? If they couldn’t see the child, they had little to report.
The stress of dealing with family prob’ caused JC to be more violent, imo. She knew “they” wanted AJ, so she took things out on him instead of giving him up. Possibly?

Go back to the fact Drew was ordered a neuropsychological exam. Clearly meeting JC was not conducive to the well being of either. Separately they had issues, melded together things escalated to the nth degree, worsening daily.

If I recall correctly, when the older son was smaller, Gma was there often (cleaning, caring for the older son, and showing up when needed). That made it so that Gma could get custody because she had details and first hand knowledge. When AJ was in foster care, I am sure that things were difficult between Gma and the monster. The cutoff seemed to occur after AJ was back in the home and after DCFS closed the case. I think the monster realized that any interaction between her and family would open the door for them to build a dossier for taking the two little ones. I don't see it as a lack of trying but more that the monster realized how dangerous her mother was and boxed her out.

If I recall correctly, when the older son was smaller, Gma was there often (cleaning, caring for the older son, and showing up when needed). That made it so that Gma could get custody. When AJ was in foster care, I am sure that things were difficult between Gma and the monster. The cutoff seemed to occur after AJ was back in the home and after DCFS closed the case. I think the monster realized that any interaction between her and family would open the door for them to build a dossier for taking the two little ones. I don't see it as a lack of trying but more that the monster realized how dangerous her mother was and boxed her out.
Amen....agree 100%...

And LE took him to the ER. But JC could not schedule appointments, imo. She was afraid of being discovered!

She may have had some level of fear but I think after years of DCFS being called, all the alleged visits and nothing happened -- there was a level of bold confidence, IMO.

BUT.... have you noticed her hair is always done? In several of the photos she has sunkissed highlights and during the whole situation of AJ "missing" her hair is bleach blonde WITH NO ROOTS! Her nails were done too. She is making appointments.
And Drew's hair is always cut and tapered nicely. And he did work at some level.

So, it is of my opinion that they functioned better then what some of us think. MOO

If I recall correctly, when the older son was smaller, Gma was there often (cleaning, caring for the older son, and showing up when needed). That made it so that Gma could get custody. When AJ was in foster care, I am sure that things were difficult between Gma and the monster. The cutoff seemed to occur after AJ was back in the home and after DCFS closed the case. I think the monster realized that any interaction between her and family would open the door for them to build a dossier for taking the two little ones. I don't see it as a lack of trying but more that the monster realized how dangerous her mother was and boxed her out.

I think that’s more accurate. Do you think P would’ve been abused as he got older? I want to say no, but this seems like a pattern as the children grew.

I think that’s more accurate. Do you think P would’ve been abused as he got older? I want to say no, but this seems like a pattern as the children grew.

I think AJ would have continued to be the target b/c of history. If AJ was not in the house for a period of time, I have no doubt that Parker would become the target as he would have begun to assert independence, not looked up to her, and not lived up to the unrealistic behavior expectations. If you watch the hotel video of monster and P, he wanted her attention and she was very encouraging/supportive of him. I don't think that P would continue to be so easy to please. But, AJ was in the picture and took the brunt of it all. And, fortunately, P and his sister will never have to find out what the monster will do to them.

What could they do? If they couldn’t see the child, they had little to report.
The stress of dealing with family prob’ caused JC to be more violent, imo. She knew “they” wanted AJ, so she took things out on him instead of giving him up. Possibly?

Go back to the fact Drew was ordered a neuropsychological exam. Clearly meeting JC was not conducive to the well being of either. Separately they had issues, melded together things escalated to the nth degree, worsening daily.

I’ve read conflicting stories. Some saying family did have a part of AJ and then others saying he didn’t. It’s actuslly been very conflicting stories.

I’ll look, as time allows, the State placed him with a family, iirc.

Patch.com is one news source stating P is with loving family. Previously linked.

“As of late Thursday, over $8,000 had been raised for the funeral costs. Any additional funds will go toward helping AJ's younger brother, Parker, and his unborn sibling. Parker is staying with "loving family members,"..

Wear Blue for AJ: Funds Pour In For Boy's Funeral

If I recall correctly, when the older son was smaller, Gma was there often (cleaning, caring for the older son, and showing up when needed). That made it so that Gma could get custody because she had details and first hand knowledge. When AJ was in foster care, I am sure that things were difficult between Gma and the monster. The cutoff seemed to occur after AJ was back in the home and after DCFS closed the case. I think the monster realized that any interaction between her and family would open the door for them to build a dossier for taking the two little ones. I don't see it as a lack of trying but more that the monster realized how dangerous her mother was and boxed her out.

I think so too! She (JC) knew her mom meant business, as she spiraled downwards, she knew to sever ties, orvelse. I don’t think it was so much she risked losing AJ & P (I think he would have been taken too) as it was the thought of going thru withdrawal & a court ordered drug program.
The sickness brought on by WD makes most prefer to remain on drugs. The thought of WD terrifies them, especially if they’ve been there done that. Jmo

She may have had some level of fear but I think after years of DCFS being called, all the alleged visits and nothing happened -- there was a level of bold confidence, IMO.

BUT.... have you noticed her hair is always done? In several of the photos she has sunkissed highlights and during the whole situation of AJ "missing" her hair is bleach blonde WITH NO ROOTS! Her nails were done too. She is making appointments.
And Drew's hair is always cut and tapered nicely. And he did work at some level.

So, it is of my opinion that they functioned better then what some of us think. MOO

Her hairdressing background perhaps? Until a couple years ago she was a stylist at a low end salon.
IMO, she did manicures while the boys were locked up. I don’t think she was in public often.
Iirc, the women’s prison has a salon. Perfect.

Last edited:
Do you think P would’ve been abused as he got older?
Technically he was abused, by being forced to exist in such filth. Clean, decent, safe & sanitary is the language HUD uses to describe adequate housing.
A few msm articles early on mentioned abuse, later articles said “no obvious signs.” Emotionally, I’m guessing he’s a wreck. He had to see her explode on AJ.
Moo

Assaults at Logan CC surge amid overcrowding, cutbacks
Prison overcrowding, short-staffing and funding cutbacks can have dangerous consequences, as a recent spike in violence at Logan Correctional Center in Lincoln shows.

Logan logged some 400 violent incidents in the first 18 months after the facility was converted to a women’s prison. That’s according to Illinois Department of Corrections records obtained by AFSCME.

The numbers make clear that violence among Logan inmates and against staff was significantly understated in a recent report by the John Howard Association, an advocacy group that visits state prisons, which stated that “Logan had recorded as of November 2013, two Inmate-on-Inmate Violent Assaults and one Inmate-on-Staff Violent Assault.”

In contrast, the department’s records reveal 170 assault charges from March to November 2013, and 217 more from December 2013 through the beginning of October 2014.

The documents describe inmates fighting, punching, kicking, biting, striking with objects such as food trays or a broom, strangling with a cord, stabbing with a pen, spitting in faces, head-butting, stomping, slapping and throwing urine or boiling water.

Victims ranged from correctional officers and other security employees to nurses and other medical staff as well as fellow inmates.

“The situation at Logan is volatile, violent and dangerous for employees who risk our personal safety every day we serve,” said AFSCME Local 2073 president Shaun Dawson, a correctional officer. “There is simply not enough staff to maintain order and safely house and rehabilitate our inmate population.”

Like all state prisons, Logan suffers from twin, long-simmering crises – severe overcrowding coupled with drastic cuts to staff. Complicating matters, in March 2013 Logan was converted from a medium-security facility for male inmates. It received female inmates of varying security classifications from Dwight Correctional Center, which was closed, and the adjacent Lincoln Correctional Center, which now houses men.

Although Logan CC was built to safely hold 1,106 inmates, it is now severely overcrowded with 1,961 inmates (177 percent of its capacity) as of the last date the department filed its quarterly report to the legislature. Similarly, Illinois houses 49,000 inmates statewide in a system built to hold just 32,000.

This breaks my heart so much. I’m not sure if I’m having a depressing time or if this is normal for me to hurt so much. I don’t think I’ve hurt so much over a child before and I’m constantly looking for updates and I’ve never done that before either. If this isn’t normal please let me know, I’ve just had a baby within the last year and I’ve had some depression. This is really hitting me hard.

It has affected me in the same way. My Son is 18 mths and im pregnant with our 2nd (6 months). Im doing everything you are with regards to what you wrote, never been affected like this before either.

Im sure we arent the only ones. Just gotta hug our lil ones extra & wish AJ the best up in Heaven ❤

It has affected me in the same way. My Son is 18 mths and im pregnant with our 2nd (6 months). Im doing everything you are with regards to what you wrote, never been affected like this before either. Im sure we arent the only ones. Just gotta hug our lil ones extra & wish AJ the best up in Heaven ❤

It is hard to read the kinds of abuse that happened to this boy or any other human and not be affected. I hope you take yourself by taking breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23