Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if BG is someone who has a not so good reputation or someone who hangs out with others with a bad reputation, then LE wouldn't say he's been hiding in plain sight. Otherwise I think his reputation would cause suspicion to those around him. I really think he is someone thought to be honest, respectable, safe and trustworthy. In that case I don't think he would tell anyone what he's done.

Respectable and trustworthy is how Bundy was viewed by everyone around him. No one thought he might be a murderer. One of his good friends was Ann Rule, author of true crime books. She actually wrote "The Stranger Beside Me" about Bundy after he was captured. She said she was as shocked as everyone else who knew him when the news broke. Bundy got away with his evil deeds for so long because he raised no suspicion on his home turf. He did raise suspicion when he killed in Florida, where he was in fact a stranger without the respectable reputation that allowed him to hide in plain sight.

Vanity. Hubris.

In Christianity, things are viewed differently. But in Ancient Greek mythology, hubris - the sin of thinking you are higher than gods - was the worst, and punished the heaviest. Tantalus, Sisyphus, Niobe, and many others were punished so badly specifically because they thought they were better than gods.

A human can not decide on God’s forgiveness. Likewise. a human can’t say to another human “you are going to hell”, “you will be in heaven”. It is not up to a human to know. Assuming that one knows someone’s predestination is hubris and vanity. Not faith.

Especially in reformist churches, there is no one standing between a human and God, this is what the whole Reformation movement was about. In Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches the priest has somewhat a higher role, but still, a mere human, prone to errors.
Good post..... I think BG's alibi/alibis have loved and protected him from himself and others nearly all his life. They cannot bear the thought of losing him and their care/protection of him for forever....moo

I don't think he was from Delphi, just another town in that area, that made him familiar with that Park, and it's potential for a victim and a getaway with some planning, stalking, and luck....moo

I honestly don't have a feeling about it one way or the other. I could see him being someone in Delphi who either keeps a low profile or easily blends in, and I can see him as someone who lives out in the county.

Hi,

I’m still very new to websleuths, but there was a case in Iowa (I know, not Indiana, but still in the Midwest) of two girls who were killed on a trail - Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook. I believe no one was ever caught in that case. This was back in 2012.

I’m curious because this was two girls killed on a trail in 2012 and Libby and Abby are two girls killed on a trail five years later. Seems like something that should be looked at. I think there was another similar case in the Midwest. I’ll dig for that because I thought something similar happened in Indiana or Illinois as well.

Not sure if any comparisons have been made. That’s all.

Edit:
Here’s an article on that case: 5 years later: New leads in devastating case bring family hope

Edit:
Another article: 6 years later, still no arrests in Evansdale girls' murders

-H

I am positive he does not. See, it he suddenly forgot he was YBG and took the identity of, say, GBY, changing clothes, look, voice, personality and then went and killed the girls, he’d probably not revert to his “pre-fugue state”, destroy clothes, evidence, and came back YBG with a good alibi. Fugues last longer. And while there may be a secondary gain in a fugue, i’d rather believe a bored mom of four having a fugue, flying to Argentina, checking into a 5-star hotel, getting beautiful clothes and a new outlook and having a fiery romance with someone local. Then returning back home in a shame. In a fugue, people usually dissociate to run away from their previous life because there something in it they don’t like. How bad was BG’s life to escape it by being a bridge murderer?

Here, the person has a legal reason to use amnestic state for defense, but to me, it seems he perfectly knew what he was doing.

Plus, even if he has fugues during which he attacks defenseless girls and violently kills them, he had to be kept behind bars, sorry. Forever.

I was not suggesting this as a defense- just that we all may be thinking a lot more than BG is. (I am also not suggesting that he is innocent or that he is not dangerous. )

Hi,

I’m still very new to websleuths, but there was a case in Iowa (I know, not Indiana, but still in the Midwest) of two girls who were killed on a trail - Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook. I believe no one was ever caught in that case. This was back in 2012.

I’m curious because this was two girls killed on a trail in 2012 and Libby and Abby are two girls killed on a trail five years later. Seems like something that should be looked at. I think there was another similar case in the Midwest. I’ll dig for that because I thought something similar happened in Indiana or Illinois as well.

Edit:
Here’s an article on that case: 5 years later: New leads in devastating case bring family hope

Edit:

-H

We've had extensive conversations about the similarities between the two cases. I think the last one happened here around 2 days ago. There doesn't seen to be a consensus. Some think they may be connected, others do not.

If BG is a Delphi resident, I think LE have probably narrowed it down to no more than half-a-dozen suspects by now. They know he is a young male, 20-late30s in age, reddish hair, 5'6" to 5'10" (weight may be different at this point). He may also have thick, curly hair, or have changed his hair style. In a small community, there would probably not be too many males of this height (and they could scan drivers licenses to see who weighed 180-220 lbs. two years ago). The voice, while not exact, could rule out a few if they had a high-pitched voice. Therefore, either LE has a good idea looking at a few suspects, or the suspect is a visitor or worker and not a regular resident of Delphi. MOO

This is a good post, but after (re)watching a ton of PC, it was noticeable that they kept hammering ‘county’ - Carroll. This only stood out to me since I work a job where the city and county are often confused.

Hi,

Edit:

Edit:

-H

Dear @HumboldtOz,

Welcome to this thread! So glad you are here.

Thank you for your insightful first post!

As I understand it, the police have stated that the two horrible incidents are not connected. Possibly the two crime scenes informed the police that they are not related.

I still feel that there are many similarities and can't shake the thought that they are related. Just my opinion.

Hi,

Edit:

Edit:

-H

There’s been a lot of speculation the cases might be connected. You might be interested in this article by Daily Mail although no connection could be confirmed by LE at that time.

March 8, 2017
Cops try to link 'Snapchat killer' to another cold case | Daily Mail Online

BRAVO! ENCORE! Say it a little louder for all the threads! Making money is what the majority of youtube is all about. To raise more views, you throw in some drama, inside information, exclusive interview, etc, and tada, more money in your account.

A lot of them also sell merch and if they do live streams they get money thrown at them via "superchat".

So you always have to consider that if you watch youtube videos and you have to keep that in mind and that they are not making them out of the good of their hearts. Doesn't matter if you watch videos about true crime or make-up videos that are often sponsored (and they often "forget" to mention that in their videos) where they are "loving" the product - because the company pays them to say that.

There are true crime youtubers who just tell the story and then mention speculation that they saw somewhere on the net and talk about their own speculation but make it clear that it's just speculation and opinion. Yes, they also make money with them but at least it's very clear what are the facts that they researched and what is speculation. So that approach is a lot less problematic and is somewhat balanced at least (you should still google yourself and read news articles, etc. because it is still just one person telling you things). You just have to be careful and if somebody is trying to sell their opinion as the truth, then you have to take it with a huge grain of salt.

Dear @HumboldtOz,

Welcome to this thread! So glad you are here.

Thank you for your insightful first post!

As I understand it, the police have stated that the two horrible incidents are not connected. Possibly the two crime scenes informed the police that they are not related.

I still feel that there are many similarities and can't shake the thought that they are related. Just my opinion.

Both cases have bothered me. The Delphi cases are truly unsettling.

There’s a case, and not sure if it’s a long shot of connecting anything, but just an example of how awful things have been happening in the Midwest, about 3 hours away from Delphi there was the disappearance of Jessica Heeringa. That one troubled me a lot too because she went missing from work - an Exxon gas station and her body was never found.

Two male cousins were eventually found guilty regarding her dissapearance. Now, what’s weird with that case is that one of the cousins was caught with child *advertiser censored*, also convicted of killing a teen girl and suspected of killing another teen girl. Again, I don’t think the timeline connects him to being free in the area of Delphi around that time, but who knows?

Not sure if the timeline adds up there. The Delphi girls were killed in 2017.

Still, a lot of awful things have been happening in the Midwest. Some of these killers have killed multiple times.

-H

A lot of them also sell merch and if they do live streams they get money thrown at them via "superchat".

So you always have to consider that if you watch youtube videos and you have to keep that in mind and that they are not making them out of the good of their hearts. Doesn't matter if you watch videos about true crime or make-up videos that are often sponsored (and they often "forget" to mention that in their videos) where they are "loving" the product - because the company pays them to say that.

There are true crime youtubers who just tell the story and then mention speculation that they saw somewhere on the net and talk about their own speculation but make it clear that it's just speculation and opinion. Yes, they also make money with them but at least it's very clear what are the facts that they researched and what is speculation. So that approach is a lot less problematic and is somewhat balanced at least (you should still google yourself and read news articles, etc. because it is still just one person telling you things). You just have to be careful and if somebody is trying to sell their opinion as the truth, then you have to take it with a huge grain of salt.

That’s a good reason why WS doesn’t allow YouTube videos to be linked without prior approval. For sure, all are not created equally.

Boxer said: "Police said they have gone from 1100 POI to "a couple of dozen." "

I recall this stated as well and it wasn’t that long ago but I can’t find a link so it was probably a video.

Do you remember the source?

Yes, and I'm almost certain it was Sup. Carter who said this when he answered a local reporter's question. I haven't been able to find it but I'm certain it was on the day of the press conference or the day after.

Last edited:
I never said she was there.

I responded to someone who posted an MSM article about the shoe color.
For some reason I thought she was there participating in the search, and after she confirmed the color of the sneakers, the person who found them warned her not to go down there (where the bodies were found)
Do I have that wrong?

If this was planned in advance, I think it's very possible HE knew them (or one of them) but THEY did not know him. How many times have I seen the same guy in our produce department stocking fruit? Every time I go grocery shopping. But how many times has he noticed our family? Probably none at all. He is focused on his job. Just an example. We interact with people all the time where we remember them, but they do not remember us.

I recall this stated as well and it wasn’t that long ago but I can’t find a link so it was probably a video.

Do you remember the source?

I think this was mentioned by one of the LE guys(Carter or Leazenby) in the special HLN did shortly after the press conference on the second anniversary. Might be wrong, but I think that might be the case.

I think this was mentioned by one of the LE guys(Carter or Leazenby) in the special HLN did shortly after the press conference on the second anniversary. Might be wrong, but I think that might be the case.

Thanks, I’m about 99% sure it was stated this past Feb involving the 2nd anniversary as well. I’ll keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304