Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question, what do you guys think the reason is for this (property) change on the beacon schneider corp application:

Beacon - Carroll County, IN

I took the first screenshot as property reference not long after the murder. Sometime last year - I think - it was changed to designate an area between the RL properties and the properties across (app CS in blue frame) . When you click it it says "No information is available":

Maybe those areas from the top of the hill area all the way down to the creek are now designated as "no-trespassing, private property" areas now. If I were RL, I'd certainly think twice before I'd want people hiking through my property again. Whoever owns the land the cemetery is on might feel the same way. I think RL, at least, was only being a nice guy to let people hike on his land. He's learned some hard lessons since the murders (?)

When you are triggered by fear, you activate your fight or flight responses. We need to teach people about adrenaline, fight or flight and which is better in a crisis. Not everyone chooses the same. In cases like this, we have to understand that flight is the better choice. I say this knowing that I tend to stay still in fear. My first instinct is not flight. I am acutely aware that I would have to be aware of that fact and make myself run.

This is so true. 33 years ago, I was living in Birmingham, AL (quite a crime ridden city then and now) and I went home to my apartment one day to find people in my apt. robbing me! I stood there, looking at the door gaping open, hearing people inside my home and froze with fear. My friend from work had come home with me, and she practically smacked me upside the head and screamed “Run!” and we both ran down the hill to the main office and called the police. Had she not been with me, I don’t know how long I would have stood there, possibly putting myself in danger. We never know how we’ll respond in a perilous situation, and there’s no way to assume correctly how we would react.

I hope someday there will be a whole generation of girls who do not think like this, like so many of us do, who will not question their gut instincts and will worry more about their own safety than being embarrassed or hurting others’ feelings.

Dear JaneEyre,

Thank you for such an important post which I absolutely agree with.

This brings to mind the book,
The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence
by Gavin de Becker

I first learned of this book with its extremely valuable lessons and examples from a member here on Websleuths a few years back.

This is a book that would serve as an important family discussion for young children, teens as well as adults.

Great book to give to a family member, niece, nephew, a student heading off to school - but it is so important for everyone to read by grade eight or nine in my opinion.

I read it again a few weeks ago and was again astonished at how my thinking used to be "I have to be nice to everyone" or "Never make a scene". It feels like that was ingrained in me.

I genuinely wish the message and this book which teaches "listen to your instinct - it's a survival skill" could be taught in high schools - part of health education would be ideal! Shouldn't education designed to keep ourselves safe be included in health classes?

The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence by Gavin de Becker

@Charlot123

Thank you for the kind word. I just realized I responded to two things you said, but joined them together so that it would've misconstrued my original point. My Apologies for this. I wrote:

"Oh, I am sure his emotional age was that of a teenager whether it's due to hard-wiring, sexual abuse, whatever. I think it's fair to say that many people outgrow their religious upbringing once they mature, and start to question the purpose of their very existence. I do believe this person still fears that there's still possibility of some type of judgement by a higher power. And, those are certainly things that crop up during adolescence, but left unresolved for 20 years (As I think this offender in 30 something).... Well, something has to give.

When I said, "And, those are thing that crop during adolescence, but left unresolved for 20 years..." -- I actually meant that in re: to us discussing someone questioning their sexuality. I didn't mean to tie it into the religious aspects. My apologies for joining them and making them seem related.

It's his damn voice and photo that irks me. I see an offender with a cherubic face in his 30s, but his voice sounds damn close to 50. It is tough for me to reconcile this in my own head.

I think they're two different people.

I think the new sketch is someone young who was seen at the trail that day with friends, and I think the bridge guy killer is older and not the person in the new sketch.

Thank you for posting this useful information I had wondered if it had improved any in the last couple of years. More needs to be done to improve the reception.

Has there been any initiatives to keep people safer in Delphi and beyond? I wish teens and people out on their own could be issued with personal alarms for example.
BBM
Interesting that you should say that. I took a quick trip up to our cabin on the lake last week. Hadn't been there all winter. We're not really isolated there, but the cabin is somewhat hidden from our neighbours and on 22.5 acres. I walked into the bedroom to do a bit of dusting and saw the airhorn my husband had bought and left on the side table for me for when I'm there alone. Small can that makes a very loud noise. I actually think we have one on the boat too. Next time I go for a walk up there on my own, I think I'll take it with me. I have to admit, in the last few years I've become very conscious of not being alone in areas that are not densely populated an I never go out alone at night anymore unless there's an emergency.

Living in a town with two very prominent colleges, I was able to bring a few ms photos of BG to have them (pics) enlarged a bit with high tech equip (just a little better than my X) with faculty that I know.
Not that I have 20/20 vision, but what was clear to me was the silhouette of a pistol in the right front pocket of BG, thick brownish brown hair with a lot of body to it and an undershirt that has a large letter “P” on the front. Prior to this, I thought the “p” was possibly laces from a hoodie, large nylon zip ties perhaps......but never a imagined a “P” on the umdershirt

Purely my speculation and that of my fellow peers.
Was the P on the undershirt like a T-shirt with a large P on the front of it or was it like you could see a P and there would be other letters after it?

I think they're two different people.

I think the new sketch is someone young who was seen at the trail that day with friends, and I think the bridge guy killer is older and not the person in the new sketch.
I see 18-25 with photos professionally enhanced but like you, think the voice is 30-50.
Although, my first girlfriend in high school had a gravely voice as she smoked cigarettes at an early age. So, I guess a young fella could sound older too.

I see 18-25 with photos professionally enhanced but like you, think the voice is 30-50.
Although, my first girlfriend in high school had a gravely voice as she smoked cigarettes at an early age. So, I guess a young fella could sound older too.

To me, even setting aside the voice recording, just going on visuals...the guy in the new sketch is not the guy on the bridge.

No doubt about that

Depending how accurate sketch1 was it may have not been until recently when GA Fbi looked at the case that they realized that someone who had been already cleared was most likely depicted in sketch 1

Or it could be that the witness was simply mistaken on what they saw

both seem plausible to me

JMO

ETA or it could be that BG looked different to the witness bc he was disguised with an eye patch, oversized shoes, voice box, fake nose, toupee, baby goat in his coat or poodle, tripod in pant leg, gas mask....i'm probably missing some
Respectfully, I don't understand your speculation, "The witness was mistaken by what they saw". ?

Living in a town with two very prominent colleges, I was able to bring a few ms photos of BG to have them (pics) enlarged a bit with high tech equip (just a little better than my X) with faculty that I know.
Not that I have 20/20 vision, but what was clear to me was the silhouette of a pistol in the right front pocket of BG, thick brownish brown hair with a lot of body to it and an undershirt that has a large letter “P” on the front. Prior to this, I thought the “p” was possibly laces from a hoodie, large nylon zip ties perhaps......but never a imagined a “P” on the umdershirt

Purely my speculation and that of my fellow peers.
I'd like to see these pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members