The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oprah does not need Meghan. They probably have similar interests.

Charity work. That's their similar interests. I think it was also through charity work that Meghan had gotten connected with Serena Williams.

Oprah would be a great vehicle for bringing attention to the charities and causes that Meghan and Harry are interested in.

When did she claim this? Link?

She stated she didn’t know much about Harry. Why would she?

“never heard of Princess Diana” lmao

This is getting absurd

I guess this thread doesn’t constitute as a needed “fact based” content

Have to roll on to the missing and abused kids threads it seems. Can’t break free of any misery :(

Roll on over to the topics on this thread that don't bring you misery. People post about different things, pick the one's you like and skip the others. There was a post of the B&B, it had some lovely pictures, there's people sharing their stories about pregnancy, there are posts about the Queen looking fabulous, there are posts about food. Positive posts are part of this thread.

Positive post:

I like to think of the Queen Mum relaxing and having some local favorite cuisine, *advertiser censored*-a-leekie soup, bangers and mash, nips and tatties, salmon cakes.
Away from all the society fall-de-rol

Which reminds me: All this Scottish photography makes me think of the most wonderful movie: Local Hero. If you love Scotland and you haven't seen it, you MUST. The humor is sublime and it is inspiring and so sweet

“I think the beauty of what Harry and Meghan can do, because it’s highly unlikely he will be king, they can really live a different kind of life,” Gayle said. “They're still part of the royal family, they love being part of the royal family and all that comes with that, but I think it also gives them breathing room for things that aren’t traditional. Listen, nothing about their relationship is traditional, and I think that’s a great thing.”

Like Oprah, Gayle King Thinks Meghan Markle Is Treated Unfairly

Catching up!

10/10 on food quiz.

I think I like the Burmese Ruby Tiara.

The Burmese Ruby Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Looking at the link for all the tiaras was fun and interesting. Came across the name Adelaide there. I think that would be a nice name if baby Sussex is a girl.

Like most of you, getting bored with the baby Sussex waiting game. Curious, how long past the due date does a doctor generally let a mother go?

I don’t think they let you go more than ten days overdue anymore in the US.

Okay. My birth stories. Both sons overdue. One by 13 days the other by 10 days.

First one became an emergency c section after 28 hours of back labor. Worst pain of my life.

2nd son a planned c section because he was so late. I was so uncomfortable at the end I had to sleep sitting up in a chair. Bad heartburn.

Fun fact. Both sons were the exact same size! 9lbs. 9oz. 21-1/2 inches long. It’s my claim to fame

I’ve been around since The Watts case just never posted much but thank you for the welcome!

I’ll guess boy, May 10th, now that I have my bearings of where the heck I even am.

I have forgotten how to navigate and on who is pregnant

Katie Price?
Oh bless her :cool::p

OT:
My birth story is my OB decided to go on vacation the week I was due, so I told her I wasn't waiting until she got back. That would have put me well beyond 40 weeks, and at 39 weeks, I hadn't progressed at all. The baby hadn't dropped, wasn't engaged, no thinning out, no effacing, no dilating, no nothing! So, she scheduled me for an early morning c-section and hopped on a plane that afternoon. It was a good thing I advocated for not waiting cuz my son was stuck under my ribs, turns out he wasn't coming out without help.

Come on, Baby Sussex! The world, and your mum and dad, are anxiously awaiting your grand entrance!

Doctors don't really get involved in UK births, I don't think I saw a single one during pregnancy, birth or afterwards as it's all done by midwives. We also don't generally know (or particularly mind) who does the actual delivery - it's just whoever is on shift at the hospital when you go into labour and it's unlikely to be the same midwife you've seen during pregnancy at your local doctors surgery or clinic.

Of course it will be different for Meghan, especially if it's true she has a doula (which are private and expensive, as opposed to NHS midwives for free) as they tend to be available for their patient throughout the whole process. I doubt she'll want the world and its mother looking at the royal lady garden, so I imagine she has a trusted "team" on board.

I'm not sure how many UK women give birth at home these days but a few of my friends have, some by choice, some not. My favourite was when baby decided to arrive early before anyone could come to look after the older kids. She was born in the bathroom at home, easy peasy... my friend said the worst bit was looking up - legs akimbo, baby crowning, blood everywhere - to see her young children standing at the door completely shell shocked!

My favourite was when baby decided to arrive early before anyone could come to look after the older kids. She was born in the bathroom at home, easy peasy... my friend said the worst bit was looking up - legs akimbo, baby crowning, blood everywhere - to see her young children standing at the door completely shell shocked!

Perhaps the children at the bathroom door, seeing their mother with their new baby sibling, simply asked "Mummy, can we watch Peppa Pig?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member