Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. He struck like a panther, more than likely grabbed one immediately subdued her perhaps with a stun gun and grabbed the other one immediately after. These girls had no time to react. I would be surprised if they even had time to think about where to put the phone. More than likely BG grabbed that as well. I hate to even think but if the 2 girls were zipped tied together he could control them as one.
Yes, I’ve thought the same. Especially because I’ve wondered if the white we are seeing is a pair of handcuffs and/or zip ties attached to a tactical vest. :(

I think they thought it was possible that this was the killer because someone might've said he was at the trail that day with friends. Shortly after the sketch was released two weeks ago they were alerted to who it might be and this person has now been interviewed and supposedly given DNA.

Where is the MSM link, so we can read about this?

Yah. I totally think LE messed up early on and went with the assumption that it couldn't be the guy in the "new" sketch bc of who he is and/or who his family or alibi was. The first sketch was theorized to be a specific SO who might have been near the park that day, so they assumed it was him due to being a SO. Now they know somehow it actually *IS* the guy in the second sketch, whom they dismissed early on. This tells me they have concrete evidence - he IS the guy on the bridge, he IS the killer. They need his alibi to stop covering for him, or they need to make a case strong enough to disprove his alibi.

Is it just me or is this really weird? A sketch is done 3 days after the murders from a witness, but it isn't released. But hey, let's go with the one 5 months later because surely her recollection must be more accurate/reliable? Then two plus years on, LE are now absolutely certain the first sketch made is THE killer, but strangely, the sketch looks nothing like the BG Libby captured on her phone. Makes me go HMMMMM. JMO.

also, asthma can cause a raspy, gravely, lowered voice, particularly if it is a cough variant or exercise induced. Asthma and/or reactive airway disease and other pulmonary issues are common comorbidities of some other proposed ailments BG may have.
Or he has none.

There is absolutely no evidence that this guy is suffering from any ailments whatsoever.

All we have is a sketch, and a brief, heavily pixilated video, of a man walking across the uneven surface of some railroad tracks.

If there was evidence of some ailment or abnormality, law enforcement would release that information to aid in his identification.

<modsnip - snarky and belittling others’ speculation>

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good observation. I agree except I think the hair is real and is an embarrassment to the guy.
If BG was doing his best to look the opposite of what he really looks like in real life, maybe the hair he had that day is the opposite, too. Instead of being a full head of thick, somewhat wavy/curly hair maybe his real hair is thin and possibly receding.

oh that's terrifying. was this before smartphones? i do hope you have Siri or some sort of voice activated system on your phone so if you are shaking too badly to dial you can just say 'call 911'

No it was a couple years ago. I wouldn't know how to set up Siri to do that (and I disabled it so it doesn't "listen" to stuff I talk about or work with).

It was so unexpected. If I had Siri enabled I wouldn't have probably Denver remembered at that moment!!

Haven’t posted in awhile and still new at best, I was drawn here because in my life while still in my younger than 20’s years I had some dramatic incidents. One being a best friend dying of an accidental gunshot, another being a friend or boyfriend of my younger sister’s best friend committing suicide so to speak anyway... and the third being a girl who was a friend of my younger sister and on the cheerleading squad I coached for them in elementary being murdered in an awful fashion by a boyfriend of a girl just one grade ahead of me in high school :( I so feel for the family of Abby and Libby and wish I could make a difference even in the most minuscule way. I have had many thoughts during posts but am so far behind as I have read forward I believe someone else has shared that thought and mentioned already :) I would ask though during a video posted earlier on of searches, does anyone remember a specific one with two men interviewed where it sounds like one slips and starts to say “victims” but stops mid word and corrects himself to say girls?

Or he has none.

There is absolutely no evidence that this guy is suffering from any ailments whatsoever.

All we have is a sketch, and a brief, heavily pixilated video, of a man walking across the uneven surface of some railroad tracks.

If there was evidence of some ailment or abnormality, law enforcement would release that information to aid in his identification.

If we were to add up all of the speculation here, law enforcement is looking for a one legged man, wearing a both a catheter and a respirator, who is suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome, mental health issues, various birth defects, and male pattern baldness.

He also may have a tripod in his pants (not a euphemism).

I just don’t see any of these things as being likely.

Like optical illusion art.....and I still can’t see the darn sailboat!

Is it just me or is this really weird? A sketch is done 3 days after the murders from a witness, but it isn't released. But hey, let's go with the one 5 months later because surely her recollection must be more accurate/reliable? Then two plus years on, LE are now absolutely certain the first sketch made is THE killer, but strangely, the sketch looks nothing like the BG Libby captured on her phone. Makes me go HMMMMM. JMO.

I get what you're saying, I really do.
From our vantage point as outsiders to the investigation, it's hard to reckon why LE went all in on Sketch #1 initially.
It's mystifying. Well, to me it is, at least.

Obviously, though, it wasn't decided on a whim...LE didn't flip a coin to determine which sketch to release. There was some logical basis for that decision, we the public just aren't privy to what factors led LE to initially conclude that Sketch#1 was the correct depiction of BG.

I'm confident LE made that original decision based on the best information they had available at the time. They've been working hard on this case for over 2 years, so it stands to reason that their fund of knowledge and the amount of evidence has been increasing since they put out that first sketch.

Clearly, something has changed, and LE knows something now they didn't know back then.
It's important that BG doesn't know what they know.
For that reason, LE hasn't and won't make public their reasons for the pivot to Sketch #2.

I do think that at some point in the future, after BG's been arrested, tried, and convicted, we'll likely have a much better understanding of how "way led unto way" in terms of LE's investigative steps, and this will all make a lot more sense to us.

Hindsight 20:20.

JMO.

Last edited:
Or he has none.

If we were to add up all of the speculation here, law enforcement is looking for a one legged man, wearing both a catheter and a respirator, who is suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome, mental health issues, various birth defects, and male pattern baldness.

MASSGUY, CONTROL YOURSELF, PLEASE.

I'm laughing so loud I am waking up family members.

If BG was doing his best to look the opposite of what he really looks like in real life, maybe the hair he had that day is the opposite, too. Instead of being a full head of thick, somewhat wavy/curly hair maybe his real hair is thin and possibly receding.
I’m on a kick right now trying to take LE at their word and that’s how I arrived at my conclusion about the hair. IMO the sketch and the photograph on the bridge support the conclusion of very thick hair with a low hairline. The comment about embarrassment is not supported so ignore that.

Or he has none.

If we were to add up all of the speculation here, law enforcement is looking for a one legged man, wearing a both a catheter and a respirator, who is suffering from fetal alcohol syndrome, mental health issues, various birth defects, and male pattern baldness.

I also don’t believe that LE intended the murderer’s image from Libby’s cellphone be used for the purpose of a medical diagnosis. Had this man suffered from all these various syndromes, health issues, ailments and disabilities that have been mentioned, Abby and Libby would still be alive and he’d be in a hospital or nursing home!

I hope someday there will be a whole generation of girls who do not think like this, like so many of us do, who will not question their gut instincts and will worry more about their own safety than being embarrassed or hurting others’ feelings.
I also think that, as a society, we have been told not to stereotype people. So we may talk ourselves out of feeling wary of someone, especially if we may feel that others may think we were stereotyping that person. I am not in any way condoning stereotyping, but if you get a bad feeling don't try to talk yourself out of it. And stereotyping isn't just about race - people can stereotype others based on where they live, the way they dress, the way they talk, what they do for a living, etc.

The reverse of this is true, too, Don't assume someone is "OK" just because they fit in with "positive" stereotypes.

Yes, I’ve thought the same. Especially because I’ve wondered if the white we are seeing is a pair of handcuffs and/or zip ties attached to a tactical vest. :(
The white "thing" has been hashed over a lot here. I personally like Evinrude's recent posts regarding it. I seriously doubt it is anything really odd or nefarious. The last thing BG wanted was to look odd and stand out. Handcuffs? A fake beard? A plastic bag with handles sticking out? Nope. Anything like that is only going to serve to draw attention to him. That's not what he wanted. JMO

Last edited:
Regarding the picture of BG that was released. We now know that this was a frame taken from a video that was recording him walking. Why would they only release a photo of him from like 50 yards away. Wouldn't they want the clearest possible picture to be released? If the video was going the whole time, why couldn't they just release the photo when he was maybe 10 yards away. He still had a lot of bridge left to cross in the picture that was released.

Regarding the picture of BG that was released. We now know that this was a frame taken from a video that was recording him walking. Why would they only release a photo of him from like 50 yards away. Wouldn't they want the clearest possible picture to be released? If the video was going the whole time, why couldn't they just release the photo when he was maybe 10 yards away. He still had a lot of bridge left to cross in the picture that was released.
My guess is this is the best image they have.

If they had a closer, clearer image, that’s the one that would have been put out early on.

The video must have either stopped, or Libby began focusing on something else.

My opinion the video was very short and BG was only in it for a short time and from a distance.

See I was thinking that the video was continuous and that's where they extracted the 'down the hill' audio clip from after he got closer. I can't imagine that Libby would stop the recording, then start another video or audio recording after he got closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow