The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal fans point out clever way Prince Harry and Meghan Markle can STILL name son 'Diana'

Royal fans point out clever way Harry and Meghan can still name son 'Diana'

Prince Aidan? which is an anagram of Diana would be clever.
Aidan is an Irish name, and therefore highly unlikely to be used for a British royal baby. It would actually be a good idea to use it, what with Brexit damaging Anglo-Irish relations calling a royal baby an Irish name might go some way to improving them.

Gotta luv how the press slants every decision as Meghan's. I thought two were in this marriage and I do believe Harry has a voice in it. Given how Harry's Mom died the last thing they would want is press chasing them down en route to Hospital. I cant believe some of the garbage being written :mad:

Analysis: Don't use the royal birth to trot out a dangerous myth - CNN

Trust CNN to make a happy occasion of a birth of a new royal baby into a political agenda. This article is beyond offensive.
They've lost the plot a bit there, haven't they? That article does make some interesting points about the history of the one drop rule and the racist propaganda which stemmed from the slave trade, but there's ways of making these points and ways not to. This article is the latter.

Channel 4 news in Britain did it much better last night by doing a special report on the history of inter-racial relationships in Britain from WW2 onwards and keeping it separate from the news of the royal baby. People have enough intelligence to connect the dots on their own without CNN ramming it down their throats.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess!

My thoughts on the baby’s name...

I think the middle names will be some combination of - Philip, Charles, Spencer, Henry, Alexander, and Albert.

First names...

Arthur - possibly, will the fact that Pippa Middleton’s son is named Arthur make a difference?

Albert - possibly, but I’m really not a fan of this name and hope they don’t use it.

Alexander - possibly, but George Clooney has been listed as a potential Godparent and his son is named Alexander - hmm.

James - don’t see it. Prince Edward’s son is named James.

Edward - don’t see it - Prince Edward is alive and thriving.

Philip - possibly. Traditionally the Royal Family does not give a first name that is the first name of another living relative, but Prince Philip is fairly old.

Spencer - Nope. Not as the first name. I see this as the last middle name of the baby. JMO

Charles - Nope, it will be a middle name. MOO

Oliver - possibly, I really like this name. It sounds regal and also is a nod to Oliver Tambo (look him up).

Christian - possibly, it is a Royal Family name and underused.

Nicholas - possibly, it is a name from Prince Philip’s Family.

Frederick - possibly, it is both an underused Royal Family name and a possible nod to Frederick Douglas (look him up).

Malcolm - a nod to Malcolm X?

Stephen - an underused Royal Family name

My personal front runners...

-Alexander Philip Charles Spencer
-Christian Philip Charles Spencer
-Frederick Charles Philip Spencer
-Malcolm Philip Charles Spencer
-Oliver Philip Charles Spencer
-Philip Alexander Charles Spencer

Looking forward to finding out this little guy’s name!

I LOVE the name Christian. I have a son Nicholas.

I’ll let you guys know when the Duke and Duchess call me for my opinion :p

Gotta luv how the press slants every decision as Meghan's. I thought two were in this marriage and I do believe Harry has a voice in it. Given how Harry's Mom died the last thing they would want is press chasing them down en route to Hospital. I cant believe some of the garbage being written :mad:

Hear, hear! And the numbers of people who seem to believe and love it all. Tabloid trash, for sure.

Security concerns are very real, sadly and those decisions are not made by the couple but by their security detail.

There have been death threats towards the Sussexs', so I don't care how many decoys they need to use.

I’m not a MM fan at all. But why shouldn’t she have privacy heading to the hospital? I know what I looked like and felt like when I went into labor with all 3 of mine. It was not pretty and I felt helpless at times (especially with my last one! Barely made it!). I would not want myself posted all over the Internet in such a vulnerable state. I’d be mortified actually.

And that additional stress, drama, and risk could have been avoided by not insisting on a home birth, but planning to deliver in the hospital, thereby avoiding all the dead-of-night stealth drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member