Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three questions:
1. Where was Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, flying in from?
2. How long had Ms. Bowens been away from home?
3. When was Maleah last seen by someone other than stepfather Darion Vence or her mother?

My apologies if these questions have already been asked and answered.

1. Massachusetts I believe.
2. BB's mom said she left Tuesday, funeral was Wed and she was flying home Friday.
3. Last I know of is BB's mom said she saw Maleah on Monday while her and BB were at grandma's home doing laundry.

I completely forgot that it had been mentioned that he was dropped off at the hospital, only recalling when it was released that he is now POI.
I went back to the beginning of the thread.
Post #48 by @Henry2326 has an article linked, and some of the content snipped into the post.

From the original post #48 snip:
He said he flagged down a passerby, who drove him to a hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries, police said. His toddler was not harmed.

While at the hospital, the stepfather called a relative and asked them contact the police, authorities said.

But the article linked was changed, and now reads:

"He wakes up. He has his son ... with him. He begins walking around. He tries to summon help. Nobody's really helping him," Holbrook said, recounting Vence's account.

He said Vence told police that he walked with his son to Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, arriving about 10 or 11 p.m. He was treated for a head injury and police were called.

Amber Alert issued after 4-year-old girl allegedly abducted by 3 carjackers: Police

So the FIRST story was that he was dropped off, later changed to no one would help him.

I saw upthread that BB was called in to view some video footage, and I assumed that it was him being dropped off - but now I wonder.
He probably did not want to implicate the friend who dropped him off, knowing he or she would be questioned as a witness. I wonder what the driver has to say. Imo

Dad is now POI per channel 2.

Channel 2 Story

HOUSTON - Maleah Davis' stepfather, Darion Vence, is now a person of interest in the case of her disappearance, according to Houston police.

Vence was the last person to see Maleah before she went missing. Vence told police he, his 2-year-old son and Maleah were abducted Friday evening by three men in a blue Chevrolet pickup truck, investigators said. He said he was knocked out by one of the men and when he regained consciousness, Maleah and the family’s car were gone.
On Tuesday morning, Child Protective Services confirmed to KPRC2 that the state agency received a report of allegations of physical abuse in August after Maleah suffered a head injury.

Three questions:
1. Where was Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, flying in from?
2. How long had Ms. Bowens been away from home?
3. When was Maleah last seen by someone other than stepfather Darion Vence or her mother?

My apologies if these questions have already been asked and answered.
1. BB was returning from Massachusetts after attending her father's funeral.
2. BB left on Tuesday, funeral was Wednesday, she flew home on Friday.
3. BB2 (grandmother) saw Maleah on Monday when BB did laundry at her home.
MOO
1. Massachusetts I believe.
2. BB's mom said she left Tuesday, funeral was Wed and she was flying home Friday.
3. Last I know of is BB's mom said she saw Maleah on Monday while her and BB were at grandma's home doing laundry.
Jinx! :p

I agree with all of you that said there would be a sad outcome to this. This guy is no criminal mastermind. They'll find her and he'll be brought to justice. I know it's not enough but it beats never knowing what happened. So sad. Such a beautiful child.

Maybe this has been addressed and I missed it. But why didn’t Mom fill out missing person papers for both the children the first time she went to Police Station? Just her daughter? Then went back and filed for all 3?

I don't know if my heart can take it again honestly. But then I looked at this beautiful, sweet baby girl and I fell in love. Look at this beautiful, sweet, innocent little baby girl. How can this be??? Please let this be different.

Here is an article I posted in another missing child case that is a common theme in all of these tragic cases:

A new federal study indicates that these cases are simply the tip of the abuse iceberg in American life. According to the report, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are about 11 times more likely to be sexually, physically, or emotionally abused than children living with their married biological parents.

Likewise, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are six times more likely to be physically, emotionally, or educationally neglected than children living with their married biological parents. In other words, one of the most dangerous places for a child in America to find himself in is a home that includes an unrelated male boyfriend—especially when that boyfriend is left to care for a child by himself.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2011/04/3181/

Maybe this has been addressed and I missed it. But why didn’t Mom fill out missing person papers for both the children the first time she went to Police Station? Just her daughter? Then went back and filed for all 3?
Good question...I think we would all like to better understand the difficulty in filing a missing person form. (Sarcastic)

For what it’s worth I have not seen any evidence of a daycare/school or any evidence that he works/where he works. Not saying those don’t exist but they have not been validated here that I’ve seen and I think were just assumptions/opinions. Links?

Go to linkedIN- not naming where he works/worked as it's not their fault. Anyone else see Meleah since Wed? Supposedly down with the flu- doctor??? Relative?

I don't know if my heart can take it again honestly. But then I looked at this beautiful, sweet baby girl and I fell in love. Look at this beautiful, sweet, innocent little baby girl. How can this be??? Please let this be different.

Here is an article I posted in another missing child case that is a common theme in all of these tragic cases:

A new federal study indicates that these cases are simply the tip of the abuse iceberg in American life. According to the report, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are about 11 times more likely to be sexually, physically, or emotionally abused than children living with their married biological parents.

Likewise, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are six times more likely to be physically, emotionally, or educationally neglected than children living with their married biological parents. In other words, one of the most dangerous places for a child in America to find himself in is a home that includes an unrelated male boyfriend—especially when that boyfriend is left to care for a child by himself.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2011/04/3181/
CPS and every other state child protective agency should make a poster of it and put it on their wall....

From the original post #48 snip:
He said he flagged down a passerby, who drove him to a hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries, police said. His toddler was not harmed.

That article was way before anything was released in the presser and was definitely very bad reporting on them. They did not collaborate that info that someone dropped him off. During the presser we heard what he told them. That he walked to the hospital. Untruthful reporting just muddies the waters and I so wish outlets would stop it. It’s not worth it to be the first with a story. Not when a child is in danger.

been so busy haven't had a chance to check in here but following this one hard.

The story relayed by the stepdad to LE seems very convenient. In a Susan Smith way. JMO A carload of Latinos. hmmm. Why not a carload of Muslims? It would make just about as much sense as what he says happens.

Just sitting back waiting for cell phone pings and surveillance video to come to light and tell the truth of things. :(

I still believe if they find the car they will find Maleah.
Yes, well, since he claims the car was stolen, who knows what those "bad guys" could have done.
I'm still hoping that Maleah is found safe, but it is pretty obvious this guy has been deceitful in his story, so it does not look promising.
At least it appears that he is not too bright so hopefully LE will get to the bottom of this soon. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie