Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

Hmm how about Borce meant to let Warrant Brands go bankrupt with all its liabilities? Then he would be able to carry on with Envirovision, without having to pay WB's debts.

But the shop would have to close and start again later in a different name. Maybe Karen objected to that. Maybe she didn't want to screw her staff, her suppliers etc because they were her friends.

That might be why Borce had to make himself the director of WB first, to move the shop's income to Envirovision. Because he knew Karen wouldn't do that. And he wouldn't have Karen as a shareholder of Envirovision, perhaps not because he thought he could do without her at the time, but he couldn't let her know about his plans yet.... WB was bleeding money, he had to move fast...

If a forgery was involved then it would just blow up one day... Maybe 29 June was that day.

Moo... Make any sense? :)

BBM

"However, there ARE still ways to run a business while bankrupt. Whilst you cannot be a director of a company, you can be a sole trader during bankruptcy."
Can You Be A Sole Trader While Bankrupt?

If that was Borce's intention, he could no longer be director of Envirovision.
But maybe he was okay with that, maybe he could quite comfortably have made Vasko or Sarah the director of Envirovision.

BBM

"However, there ARE still ways to run a business while bankrupt. Whilst you cannot be a director of a company, you can be a sole trader during bankruptcy."

But maybe he was okay with that, maybe he could quite comfortably have made Vasko or Sarah the director of Envirovision.
I thought perhaps Via Marple meant the company going into liquidation as opposed to Borce himself going bankrupt.

I thought perhaps Via Marple meant the company going into liquidation as opposed to Borce himself going bankrupt.
Must be something like that:D

Bankrupt is not the right word. Maybe I am thinking along these lines...
Illegal phoenix activity

Illegal phoenix activity is when a new company is created to continue the business of a company that has been deliberately liquidated to avoid paying its debts, including taxes, creditors and employee entitlements.
[snip]
We need help from all Australians to assist us in putting a stop to illegal phoenix activity. If you suspect phoenix behaviour, you can report it to us:

:)

Must be something like that:D

Bankrupt is not the right word. Maybe I am thinking along these lines...
Illegal phoenix activity

Illegal phoenix activity is when a new company is created to continue the business of a company that has been deliberately liquidated to avoid paying its debts, including taxes, creditors and employee entitlements.
[snip]
We need help from all Australians to assist us in putting a stop to illegal phoenix activity. If you suspect phoenix behaviour, you can report it to us:

:)
I wonder if he wanted to close the business altogether though. (After grabbing as much as he could and then defaulting on obligations.) He might well have preferred Karen to get a job as an employee with a steady income and no capital tied up. But I think those last few months they both knew the marriage was over and were trying to stare each other out of the house. The joking that several of the referees brought up sounds to me like veiled aggression.

I wonder if he wanted to close the business altogether though. (After grabbing as much as he could and then defaulting on obligations.) He might well have preferred Karen to get a job as an employee with a steady income and no capital tied up. But I think those last few months they both knew the marriage was over and were trying to stare each other out of the house. The joking that several of the referees brought up sounds to me like veiled aggression.

I have often wondered if Karen was looking at flats for herself, or if she was trying to find an affordable place for Borce to move into. Seeing that the house officially was owned by Karen.

I have often wondered if Karen was looking at flats for herself, or if she was trying to find an affordable place for Borce to move into. Seeing that the house officially was owned by Karen.
Weren't they around the St Kilda area? That doesn't fit with Ristevski economics. Avondale Heights, Diggers Rest, Hoppers Crossing--all cheap areas where you'd get a decent sized place at low cost. St Kilda you've got pubs, trams, beach, you pay for that, and anything "affordable" is likely small and scummy.

BBM

From memory, Borce did not go Bankrupt. Blue Jean Co was insolvent. As a Pty Ltd Company, it is a separate entity and doesn't relate to Borce financially, except for what the Company owed him.

From memory, Borce did not go Bankrupt. Blue Jean Co was insolvent. As a Pty Ltd Company, it is a separate entity and doesn't relate to Borce financially, except for what the Company owed him.

I agree. Borce has never been bankrupt. He has protected himself by forming companies. He just hasn't been punished for insolvent trading.

I was reading an article last night about the quantity of directors actually prosecuted for insolvent trading. It is an appalingly low figure ... something like 260 company directors, when there was over 10,000 companies identified for insolvent trading. ASIC just doesn't have enough feet on the ground to do much about it.

I agree. Borce has never been bankrupt. He has protected himself by forming companies. He just hasn't been punished for insolvent trading.

I was reading an article last night about the quantity of directors actually prosecuted for insolvent trading. It is an appalingly low figure ... something like 260 company directors, when there was over 10,000 companies identified for insolvent trading. ASIC just doesn't have enough feet on the ground to do much about it.

Very difficult to prove as well.

On March 21 this year, the company’s accountant filed paperwork recording Mr Ristevski had replaced his wife as director on February 23. Ms Ristevski remains the shareholder. Mr Ristevski certified the information in the form was “true and complete”.
NoCookies | The Australian
bbm
SR became the shareholder and Karen had no role anymore, I think? :confused:

I vague remember something, but can't find the old news article anymore. Would like to find the article and to find out, if "our" BR had been indeed the defendant.

Boris or Borce, Ristevski (or Ristovski?), NSW, ASIC, contentious case re deposit for a new home, which was not paid.

After reading an article about another guilty murderer I’m left wondering if there is a law in Victoria regarding tampering with a body? If there are then Borce should be charged for that. If it isn’t law then it needs to become law, preferably with a mandatory 10 year sentence that must be served separately to any other sentence.

Geez ... time is really ticking down on this sentence appeal opportunity.
If 78,444 petition signatories (plus about 3,000 people between a few other petitions regarding this) can't persuade Ms Kerri Judd to appeal on the grounds of public outrage .... :mad:

Geez ... time is really ticking down on this sentence appeal opportunity.
If 78,444 petition signatories (plus about 3,000 people between a few other petitions regarding this) can't persuade Ms Kerri Judd to appeal on the grounds of public outrage .... :mad:

WTH I’m concerned they are not going to appeal!
It’ll be crazy if they don’t.

”The Director of Public Prosecutions Kerri Judd QC has lodged an appeal against the sentence handed down to Borce Ristevski for the manslaughter of his wife Karen.
Ristevski was sentenced in the Melbourne Supreme Court on April 18 to nine years' imprisonment, with a non-parole period of six years.
He had pleaded guilty to a single charge of manslaughter.
The Director has appealed to the Court of Appeal on the basis that the sentence and non-parole period are manifestly inadequate.”

”The Director of Public Prosecutions Kerri Judd QC has lodged an appeal against the sentence handed down to Borce Ristevski for the manslaughter of his wife Karen.
Ristevski was sentenced in the Melbourne Supreme Court on April 18 to nine years' imprisonment, with a non-parole period of six years.
He had pleaded guilty to a single charge of manslaughter.
The Director has appealed to the Court of Appeal on the basis that the sentence and non-parole period are manifestly inadequate.”

I just heard Steve
I'M BLOODY HAPPY!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff