Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be as simple as they know the vehicle but that it's registered to two people such as father and son. That's why they said they needed to know the driver of the vehicle the day of the murders.

And neither the father nor the son can account for their whereabouts on the day of the murders?

Or were they not interviewed after the murders (someone really dropped the ball!), and now they are saying, they don’t remember?

I think you may be misinterpreting the context of that article.

They are finding those with autism are exceptionally skilled at spotting a pattern of distracting movement

Such as combing an area of ground for suspicious activity etc

not sure how that relates to this case?

The context is - some people with autism are compensating by extremely good visuospatial skills, so good they are used in Israeli intelligence.

What is the harm in asking them to look at the video? Ask what they see?

No one can understand why, if they have the DNA, and the car, and the heinous crime, they can not make the arrest.

They have to be able to nail this creep beyond a shadow of doubt. This isn’t a TV show where they can make it happen overnight and be so easy to solve. There are a lot of pieces, and they need enough to cover every track that a DA could possibly use against them!

Here is an interesting article that is unrelated to the topic but maybe, a new idea.

“Visual intelligence division” in Israel employing youths with autism and good visuospatial skills.

The Israeli Army Unit That Recruits Teens With Autism

What if one could send them the video? They see patterns that no computer, no quality image can see.

I don't believe they can help with this.

I believe these candidates are viewing high resolution images-- which the video clearly is not.

..... sits in front of multiple computer screens, scanning high-resolution satellite images for suspicious objects or movements.

JMO.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember posting that DNA automatically equals an arrest. Could you quote the message where I said that? Thank you in advance.

My point regarding DNA (as the discussion went last night) was that adoption would not hinder finding someone/the perp if he was now known by another name. IF LE truly has enough DNA to run familial/autosomal DNA tests and have forensic genealogists build trees, then eventually, the person will be identified. They will know who is it. I never said he would be arrested.

Perhaps, in my late-night posting, I did not make that clear?

Just because a person can be identified does not mean there will be an arrest. In fact, I stated on post#99 of this thread:

JMO.

This is SO TRUE!

As any good investigator knows, it is the totality of the case that is important ... not just any DNA, not just a weapon, not just witnesses, or any other evidence. It has to be the whole package.

By the way, the news conference today on the identification of Mary Silvani, (Sheep’s Flat Jane Doe), and the identification of her murderer —it went into a lot of detail about how they found her murderer, even though he was adopted. Just like you said. It was fascinating.

It took a lot of work, though. (I couldn’t resist bolding your word ‘eventually’—which is, I think, a word we have to bear in mind.)

I think these items came from Goodwill or the like and was promptly discarded. Which would bring DNA of an innocent person to the crime scene as well.
Can you imagine if your donated clothes landed you in a hot seat?
I think he may have been the original owner of the jacket. The gun imprint is pretty significant

I must be missing something. If they know make, model and VIN and who owned the car at the time, why don't they just ask them where it is or what they did with it and go from there?

If that theory I put out there is correct, it could be:

Maybe, the owner was already questioned close to the time of the murders about the car seen parked in the old welfare bldg parking lot on the day of the murders by a witness(es.) Police tie the car to the owner but, after being questioned by LE, he wasn't implicated in the murders at that time. But, he had fair warning that LE might figure things out and the car might come back to haunt him if LE came back to question him again and with a warrant to search the car in hand. Maybe he let someone else use the car and he's just going to make this whole problem "go away."
So, choosing to eliminate the possibility of LE returning with more questions and figuring things out, he destroyed the car or has it hidden and reported it stolen a long time ago.

So, now... LE is left "still looking for a car" that was not stolen and isn't going to be found. It's long gone.
Or, it could also be LE misspoke when it was said they are still looking for the car.
ETA: Or LE created the "confusion" on purpose by saying they're still looking for the car when they actually know exactly where it is and it's under surveillance and they're waiting to see if someone's going to give it the best cleaning job it's ever had.
Jmo.

Last edited:
So much healing for the community is needed / I wonder what the next community event will be and if the church has any other events coming up:

Delphi UMC has really been invested in the case from the beginning, haven't they? It appears they have done their best to support the families, LE, and the community. I was just re-reading through the church newsletter OfficerHops provided for us (back on thread 90).
Here are a few of the things I found on page 2, "Letters to Home":

[RSBM]
"I am pleased with the amazing way our church responded for the community, that, in the midst of terrible evil, we served as an island of peace. From the moment the calls came in, our church was present as first responders who were out in search teams Monday night.....

Come Tuesday, I witnessed so many of our members on volunteer teams with the fire and police..... the church was present in the initial stages..... engaged with the schools each day helping to counsel students.....

I was hesitant to host the Press Conference, however God confirmed my decision as State Police Superintendent Doug Carter shared in reverent tones what happened......" (I'm a little uncertain if the minister is indicating he was told "what happened" personally, or just the
information disclosed at the PC in general)?
http://www.delphiumc.org/hp_wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MARCH2017-NEWSLETTER.pdf

THE SHACK REFERENCE- perhaps a member of the congregation gave a copy to one of the family members? Not insinuating anything nefarious with this comment. Am just curious. Could be someone's way of trying to promote a community of forgiveness in the healing process? Regardless; I was just agreeing that the church as been very involved in trying to help with the investigation. Wasn't trying to write a book-sorry!:p

Maybe, the owner was already questioned close to the time of the murders about the car seen parked in the old welfare bldg parking lot on the day of the murders by a witness(es.) Police tie the car to the owner but, after being questioned by LE, he wasn't implicated in the murders at that time. But, he had fair warning that LE might figure things out and the car might come back to haunt him if LE came back to question him again and with a warrant to search the car in hand. Maybe he let someone else use the car and he's just going to make this whole problem "go away."
So, choosing to eliminate the possibility of LE returning with more questions and figuring things out, he destroyed the car or has it hidden and reported it stolen a long time ago.

So, now... LE is left "still looking for a car" that was not stolen and isn't going to be found. It's long gone.
It's just a theory.
Could also be LE misspoke when it was said they are still looking for the car.

Are there any deep lakes in the area?

Maybe someone gave the owner of the car in question a solid alibi and they need someone to come forward and say they saw a specific person in the car at that location so they can break the alibi?

It's just a theory.
Got it :) Thanks!

It's just a theory.

So I guess he provided an alibi, that held water at that time. Is it possible to look closer at the alibi now?

@MassGuy, I think the perv’s IQ is in the superior range, after all. It is not sheer luck here.

I would like to comment on a few posts I've seen where people have mentioned that the car could belong to a second person, such as the son of the perpetrator. One thing that has come to mind as I listen to the recent press conference and also as I listen to others talk about this new sketch: is it possible that the two sketches are both relevant because the bridge guy led the girls to a second perpetrator? Am I on the complete wrong track to wonder if LE just hasn't said publicly that they believe there are two suspects? Could they want the public to focus on the second sketch now because they haven't found the bridge guy yet? If I have missed something where this could not be possible I apologize.

The context is - some people with autism are compensating by extremely good visuospatial skills, so good they are used in Israeli intelligence.

What is the harm in asking them to look at the video? Ask what they see?

Hi Charlot, We seem to be possibly outnumbered on this one haha, but FTR I have absolutely no problem with Israeli Intelligence analyzing the image. :D

Seriously I’m not sure it’s in the scope of LE calling up Israel, then again we are all buddy buddy...

(I don’t interpret the article btw as being limited to analyzing movement. It clearly says their aptitude is for analyzing images as well.)

Again, as for this being a realistic method that LE would approach, I’m not sure this would be done, I do however commend your creative thinking and I did find the article of tremendous interest, particularly because I have worked in the field with autistic persons previously and I’m wishing now I still did and could show them the image. :)

It’s been over 2 years—-send the image to Israel lol.

They have to be able to nail this creep beyond a shadow of doubt. This isn’t a TV show where they can make it happen overnight and be so easy to solve. There are a lot of pieces, and they need enough to cover every track that a DA could possibly use against them!

I wish them luck. I consider the BG extremely dangerous.

I don't believe they can help with this.

I believe these candidates are viewing high resolution images-- which the video clearly is not.

..... sits in front of multiple computer screens, scanning high-resolution satellite images for suspicious objects or movements.

Suspicious objects? Like guns, rope and baby goats? :)

And why not actually give a description of the car? If someone saw it, they could at least provide a color and general size of the car.
They know everything about the car except who was driving it/parked it at the CPS building on 2/13. They are not actually looking for the car itself I don't think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member