OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Niner! I'll put this over in the Media & Timelines thread, too. Still a few dates in May. Big upcoming dates will be those for RJN and FW in June, then the trial in July. Hopefully we'll learn a lot more about what happened, what evidence the prosecution has.

Is it ok if I copy and paste your dates above?

By all means! :)

Ok, I asked someone how a criminal could go about hacking someone's cell phone. The person I asked has worked in software security trying to prevent spying on communications. They said if someone knows where to go, they can download apps on the internet they can use to spy on someone. Download the app and use it to send an encrypted message/text to your target. Once they click on it, a program in the "background" will install itself on the victim's phone. The program allows the criminal to have access to all activities on the target's phone as long as the "bug" is installed. They can view texts, hear convos, etc.

It's not necessary for a criminal to have physical access to someone's cell phone or computer to install this hacking "bug". It can be done remotely via an email or other message sent with the "bug" hidden in the message.

This person said, yes, it would be possible for LE to find who planted a spying "bug" on a victim's phone, but it would take someone very skilled. It's the kind of thing BCI or even possibly FBI might contract to an expert.

I'm posting this as JMO, because I'm not planning to ask this person to become a verified member of WS. They just answered the question as a favor to me.

We all know this technology exists these days in our phones, computers, televisions, etc. Various social media sites have the ability to track us everywhere and even listen to private conversations. What's new is that, some level of the same tech capability is also available to anyone on the internet who knows how to find it.
Thank you

Betty P. Do you think the Wagners where hacking all the Manley phones and computers, Jake was around their things for years, also what every they where hacking could have been what LE was using to trace it back to the Wagners with, because LE had all the Manley phones in evidence according to AW discovery JMO.
Mike DeWine out Fox the Fox he led the Wagners and all of us to believe there where no suspect or any evidence to convict with, all alone the LE new who killed the Rhodens but just had to let the Wagners get relaxed and let their guard down, I would never want to play cards with Mike DeWine!
I agree, I think any of those phones listed could be because they were hacked.

Ok, I asked someone how a criminal could go about hacking someone's cell phone. The person I asked has worked in software security trying to prevent spying on communications. They said if someone knows where to go, they can download apps on the internet they can use to spy on someone. Download the app and use it to send an encrypted message/text to your target. Once they click on it, a program in the "background" will install itself on the victim's phone. The program allows the criminal to have access to all activities on the target's phone as long as the "bug" is installed. They can view texts, hear convos, etc.

It's not necessary for a criminal to have physical access to someone's cell phone or computer to install this hacking "bug". It can be done remotely via an email or other message sent with the "bug" hidden in the message.

This person said, yes, it would be possible for LE to find who planted a spying "bug" on a victim's phone, but it would take someone very skilled. It's the kind of thing BCI or even possibly FBI might contract to an expert.

I'm posting this as JMO, because I'm not planning to ask this person to become a verified member of WS. They just answered the question as a favor to me.

We all know this technology exists these days in our phones, computers, televisions, etc. Various social media sites have the ability to track us everywhere and even listen to private conversations. What's new is that, some level of the same tech capability is also available to anyone on the internet who knows how to find it.
Yes, that's just what happened to a friend of, her ex used an app to get into her comp and phone.

I’m curious, and maybe this was already answered, why would JW’s truck evidence be found in AW’s discovery and not in JW’s? Do you suppose she was the driver/get away and her finger prints/boot prints were found? Just thinking out loud.
I don't think we're seeing complete discovery lists on any of them. Do they legally have to publicly publish all?

Yes, that's just what happened to a friend of, her ex used an app to get into her comp and phone.

Very creepy, isn't it? They don't need to have your computer or cell phone in their possession to do the hacking. It's done remotely. Seems it might also be easy to do if you have social media apps on your phone. So be very careful about links you click on that someone sends you. Via email or via text or messaging.

I don't think we're seeing complete discovery lists on any of them. Do they legally have to publicly publish all?

No idea. As Sunshineray said, it's possible we're only seeing incomplete lists of evidence. Yes, it's supposed to be public information, but it doesn't mean that rule is being followed in this case.

I’m curious, and maybe this was already answered, why would JW’s truck evidence be found in AW’s discovery and not in JW’s? Do you suppose she was the driver/get away and her finger prints/boot prints were found? Just thinking out loud.

I think that the reason we see Jake's truck Evidence listed in Angela's Discovery but not in
Jake's Discovery is because we are only seeing a limited amount of Discovery.

If you click on this link you will see that this is Angela Wagner's SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY dated March 20th. Supplemental means that this is more Discovery that is being added to the first batch of Discovery. In other words, we are not seeing what is in her first batch of Discovery Evidence.
Angela Wagner

Now if you click on this link you will see that this is Jake Wagner's Discovery Evidence. NOT SUPPLEMENTAL, but his original first batch of Discovery Evidence dated December 20th.
The point is that we haven't seen any of Jake's Supplemental Discovery yet, and if we could see it, when we see it, it very well could show his truck Evidence. In fact, it would have to really, because it is HIS truck.....My 2 Cents.....
Discovery

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing this photo and (poorly written) article. It appears to be AW's dad's place and proves there was a search there in Aug 2017.

Alleged conspiracy - Portsmouth Daily Times

Social media explodes, but no information in Rhoden murder case - Portsmouth Daily Times

I read the second one at that time, but hadn't seen the first. The article was written when a big rumor was spread that the Wags were arrested. The rumor began on a Facebook page devoted to the Rhoden murders, IIRC, and was later denied by LE. That happened in August 2018 and apparently LE was doing some searches in the area. As we know, the arrests finally did happen 2-3 months later, so it's possible someone local on the Facebook site was aware of the search at AW's dad's place and put 2+2 together. Someone had also found the online changes to voter registration records of AW down there, indicating she was in town or had been there recently.

There were apparently some hints that locals were seeing back then, but nothing to substantiate and LE wasn't giving any info to the news media.

I think that the reason we see Jake's truck evidence listed in Angela's Discovery but not in
Jake's Discovery is because we are only seeing a limited amount of Discovery.

If you click on this link you will see that this is Angela Wagner's SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY dated March 20th. Supplemental means that this is more Discovery that is being added to the first batch of Discovery. In other words, we are not seeing what is in her first batch of Discovery Evidence.
Angela Wagner

Now if you click on this link you will see that this is Jake Wagner's Discovery Evidence. NOT SUPPLEMENTAL, but his original first batch of Discovery Evidence dated December 20th.
The point is that we haven't seen any of Jake's Supplemental Discovery yet, and if we could see it, when we see it, it very well could show the truck Evidence. In fact, it would have to really, because it is HIS truck.....My 2 Cents.....
Discovery

Agree, we're just seeing random lists from discovery, based on the information a news reporter is using in a particular news story. Most of the discovery docs we have access to are from news reporters who link to them for reference. There are probably other discovery docs that we haven't seen.

Any locals want to go down to the Pike County CH and pick up some copies of all the discovery docs? I'll be happy to chip in $$ for any copying fees, etc. :)

Not sure how else to get access?

I don't remember seeing this photo and (poorly written) article. It appears to be AW's dad's place and proves there was a search there in Aug 2017.

Alleged conspiracy - Portsmouth Daily Times

Social media explodes, but no information in Rhoden murder case - Portsmouth Daily Times

I want to thank you Loomis for clearing up another "mystery" for me. Several threads back a poster said there had been a search of Wagner property reported in August 2018. When I asked about a link the poster (can't remember who it was) told me they would look for the link , and we both looked all over for the link but couldn't find anything. So we figured it was just rumor.

Now "out of the blue" you post a link mentioning it. Although LE would not confirm or deny, the point is, you found an article that mentions it with a picture of AW's dad's house. I now know where the talk of a Wagner 2018 August search originated from.

Excerpt from the August 2018 article:

".....Part of the latest round of rumors (sparked by a local Facebook news feed) started because of an even earlier rumor about a heavy police presence Thursday at the Wagner’s family farm in Pike County. On Friday, BCI’s Tierney said he could not comment on any law enforcement activity at the farm, not even to confirm or deny it took place....."

Agree, we're just seeing random lists from discovery, based on the information a news reporter is using in a particular news story. Most of the discovery docs we have access to are from news reporters who link to them for reference. There are probably other discovery docs that we haven't seen.

Any locals want to go down to the Pike County CH and pick up some copies of all the discovery docs? I'll be happy to chip in $$ for any copying fees, etc. :)

I would chip in the money also. We know those docs are out there somewhere on the internet---probably---but for sure they are at the Pike County Courthouse, and reporters pick them up.

.......Everyone keep looking.......
I found Fred's Discovery EXHIBITS #'s 2 through 8, not from Scribd, but they were at the very bottom of an article written about her. In fact, I couldn't find them on Scribd so I was surprised to even find them at all.

I want to thank you Loomis for clearing up another "mystery" for me. Several threads back a poster said there had been a search of Wagner property reported in August 2018. When I asked about a link the poster (can't remember who it was) told me they would look for the link , and we both looked all over for the link but couldn't find anything. So we figured it was just rumor.

Now "out of the blue" you post a link mentioning it. Although LE would not confirm or deny, the point is, you found an article that mentions it with a picture of AW's dad's house. I now know where the talk of a Wagner 2018 August search originated from.

Excerpt from the August 2018 article:

".....Part of the latest round of rumors (sparked by a local Facebook news feed) started because of an even earlier rumor about a heavy police presence Thursday at the Wagner’s family farm in Pike County. On Friday, BCI’s Tierney said he could not comment on any law enforcement activity at the farm, not even to confirm or deny it took place....."

You're welcome, CC. I share anything new I find new these days. But back in Aug 2018, I had no doubt this property and FW's was searched.

I would chip in the money also. We know those docs are out there somewhere on the internet---probably---but for sure they are at the Pike County Courthouse, and reporters pick them up.

.......Everyone keep looking.......
I found Fred's Discovery EXHIBITS #'s 2 through 8, not from Scribd, but they were at the very bottom of an article written about her. In fact, I couldn't find them on Scribd so I was surprised to even find them at all.

Can you please post a link? I saw pieces of them referenced on here but never saw the source. TY

If I lived anywhere near there , I would get them!

Does anyone remember the news source that went to Pike County and spent a day looking up court documents then posted an article and pic of about 500 pages? He might go back if we request?

Shooting from the hip here. Don't even know how to ask. But. Is anyone else concerned that the autopsies were done in Hamilton County, where also Joe Deters offered his help in trying these cases, and we now know FW has big ties to this county, city of Montgomery, and perhaps Loveland? I don't even know the questions anymore, much less the answers. But I have done A LOT of research, and something stinks here. It goes back to one of the three that signed over FWF to FW. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff