IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd that he would claim incompetence when the weekend before AJ was murdered (just 3+weeks ago), Freund and AJ took the train to his office. He worked for the day, clocking in and clocking out. He was able to create a plan so no coworkers would see his son. He was competent enough to know that AJ had to leave through a back door in order to keep the secret that his son was at work.

He knew enough that he had to hid his muddy boots in a bag. He knew enough to create an alibi for the morning that AJ was reported missing-- he got receipts, etc.

I think he was competent.
He may not be cooperating with his new attorney so that's why it is being requested. I think a psychiatrist will conclude he's faking.

JMO

Not known. I don’t know of any state with harsh fostering rules. In KY, they advertise on street corners for foster parents. Kinda not cool, many of the kids have issues that not every person wishing to be paid for parenting is capable of handling. Moo

Missouri’s used to be more harsh. I haven’t looked at it for some time though. Things may have changed. I’m not sure. And I agree with you about the KY thing. I’ve seen brutal cases of foster parents killing, then hiding the kids, not reporting them, but still receiving money. I’m so upset about this AJ case, but I’m glad it’s at least known of his status and there’s no false hope out there. Just have to move on to the next step of the process and get his justice.

Maybe the gag order has more to do with DCFS than anything else?

ETA: The gag order could also have to do with things that may come to light that AB or P will see or hear. I think P is too young but AB is not.
I think the gag order has more to do with ensuring a fair trial and untainted jury pool.

JMO

What I find really sad about these situations is people are so upset about the situation and want a change and then the story dies down and seems to be forgotten about and then it happens again, almost the exact same way, just a different case and it’s repetitive. We for sure NEED this to be the case to break the cycle and more people come forward to help. And some states have such strong rules on foster parenting that people don’t pass to be one for more minor reasons, but they’ll leave the child in worse harms way and then the unthinkable may happen.
Can you imagine the difference it would make if each person in every case followed through with their "I would have taken him or her? Sadly cases like AJ's have struck the nations heart for many years and people speak up but do nothing. I honestly don't think the rules being strict makes much difference. I can only speak for my area but there is a real problem when people who care make inquiries about becoming foster parents and get no response. It's all so frustrating when there are thousands of AJ's across the country.

Can you imagine the difference it would make if each person in every case followed through with their "I would have taken him or her? Sadly cases like AJ's have struck the nations heart for many years and people speak up but do nothing. I honestly don't think the rules being strict makes much difference. I can only speak for my area but there is a real problem when people who care make inquiries about becoming foster parents and get no response. It's all so frustrating when there are thousands of AJ's across the country.

Well everyone professing “”I would have taken him”, could not. We knew nothing of AJ or his situation, we only learn of these kids after it’s too late. I think there should be no do-overs & punishment must be strict for abusers. They need prison time, imo. Prisons offer parenting classes, let them get their education on the inside, instead of attending a few classes at their leisure.
Does a leopard change its spots?

Where I live, everything is done right there at the jail. The inmates never leave and it's all done via video/camera. Keep in mind, our jails are much bigger. I really think if it goes to trial they will have to move it. With all the press, I think it would be difficult to find a jury. I also think if they are convicted, they will be moved to a prison outside of IL. The only person that comes to mind is Jodie Arias. They moved her to an out of state prison.

@Trish51 I followed the Arias case intensely. She is in an AZ prison. The crime was in AZ, she is from CA.

AJ Case - Court Dates:

April 24, 2019 - Wednesday
  • JC - Charged
    • 5 counts of first degree murder
    • 4 counts aggravated battery
    • 2 counts of aggravated domestic battery
    • 1 count of failure to report a missing or child death
  • AF Sr. - Charged
    • 5 counts of first degree murder
    • 2 counts aggravated battery
    • 1 counts of aggravated domestic battery
    • 2 counts of concealment of homicidal death
    • 1 count of failure to report a missing or child death
April 25, 2019 - Thursday
  • COURT - Bond Hearing - 8 am (JC and AF)
    • Bond was set at $5 million each. They will each have to pay $500,000 to get out of jail
April 29, 2019 - Monday
  • COURT - Arraignment - 9:00 am (JC and AF) status hearing to set court date for Preliminary Hearing
    • Neither party made a plea today, hearing will resume on May 10th
    • JC has a public defender and AF wants to find his own attorney
    • petition seeking to terminate AF and JC's parental rights.
  • COURT - Custody Hearing - (AJ’s 4yr old brother, currently in the custody of family)
    • No Contact order for AF Sr. and JC to see child
    • JC and AF agreed to have the Illinois Department of Child and Family Services care for their younger son, while prosecutors attempt to revoke the former couple's parental rights.
    • McHenry County State's Attorney's Office also filed a petition seeking to terminate AF and JC's parental rights
May 3, 2019 - Friday
  • COURT - Status (Attorney) 9:00 am (AF)
    • A judge appointed a special public defender to represent AF
    • After filling out an affidavit detailing any debts, bank accounts or assets, McHenry County Judge Robert Wilbrandt appointed Special Public Defender Henry Sugden
    • AF reported owing $50,000 in credit card debts, and noted that his home is in foreclosure. He also indicated that he worked for a contracting company, but wasn't certain whether he still had a job
    • Attorneys with the McHenry County Public Defender's Office could not be assigned to AF’s case because Assistant Public Defender Richard Behof was previously appointed to represent JC
    • Sugden has until Tuesday, May 7th to file any motions he would like to be addressed at AF’s next court date on May 10.
  • AF’s attorney filed motion requesting that he receives a psychological evaluation to determine whether he can stand trial. The motion stated that Special Public Defender Henry Sugden "has concerns about the defendant's current psychological ability to recall an assist in his defense."
May 7, 2019 - Tuesday
  • JC - Court Appearance (Unknown reason)
    • Prosecutors and her public defenders met with McHenry County Judge Robert Wilbrandt in private to discuss a matter related to JC’s case.Attorneys declined to say what the meeting was about, and any of the related orders and transcripts will be sealed.
May 10, 2019 - Friday
  • COURT - Preliminary Hearing - 9:00 am (JC and AF) both are expected to enter a plea
May 30, 2019 - Thursday
  • COURT - Custody Hearing - 10:00 am (AJ’s 4yr old brother)

@Trish51 I followed the Arias case intensely. She is in an AZ prison. The crime was in AZ, she is from CA.
That's right! I forgot that. She's in a rough prison with poor healthcare. Corizon Health is awful!! Lots of lawsuits against them.

I sure hope that this doesn't fad. AJ and all the other little ones need justice, laws need to change, people need to change. I really hope that we will one day all hear about AJ's Law!

That's right! I forgot that. She's in a rough prison with poor healthcare. Corizon Health is awful!! Lots of lawsuits against them.

I sure hope that this doesn't fad. AJ and all the other little ones need justice, laws need to change, people need to change. I really hope that we will one day all hear about AJ's Law!

That’d be great! AJ =ALL 4 JUSTICE!
Sadly, abuse will never end, it starts in the home, escalating way before an outsider is aware of it. Then, the system gets involved, and strives to reunify an abused child with a monster.

Hi everyone. Sorry for this off topic question, and I’m sure this has been answered before, but I’m wondering if anyone knows where the “family” dog is. Hopefully in a loving home.

Hi everyone. Sorry for this off topic question, and I’m sure this has been answered before, but I’m wondering if anyone knows where the “family” dog is. Hopefully in a loving home.

Hey, in msm timeline (pg 1) the dog is safe & many people have offered to adopt her. I did see a later article that she was in a foster home but I don’t have a link. We can probably email the dog pound. Jmo

Hey, in msm timeline (pg 1) the dog is safe & many people have offered to adopt her. I did see a later article that she was in a foster home but I don’t have a link. We can probably email the dog pound. Jmo
Thanks Trudie! This is so tragic for everyone, I can’t even imagine what went on in that house and what those kids, including the furry one, suffered.

Thanks Trudie! This is so tragic for everyone, I can’t even imagine what went on in that house and what those kids, including the furry one, suffered.

It’s beyond belief.
I’ve posted previously the trial will be a big dog & pony show, finger pointing, delays, etc. if they don’t plead it will take forever to get to trial imo. Unless they get tired of county lock up, state prison offers much more freedom & amenities. Moo

Thank you Trudie. Bless all those peoples hearts who reached out to give Lucy a home. The kindness of people just melts me sometimes. What she must have witnessed and the fear she must have had. It doesn’t compare of course to what little A.J. suffered and endured, but I think about that little doggie too, and it’s a relief and heartwarming to know there’s people out there who will give her a loving, happy & peaceful home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288