Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking- If the killer left the crime scene and exited towards the cemetery he could have disposed of a weapon or clothing in the flower pots. With it being just before Valentine’s Day there might have been lots of artificial flowers in those holders. Wonder if LE would have lifted up flowers to look

I don't know if he knew he was gay at the time, or maybe he didn't acknowledge it but the killer of the nurses in Chicago so many years ago became a <modsnip: unnecessary description> homosexual in prison..

Richard Speck? Good point.

Last edited by a moderator:
CASE MANAGEMENT for Missing Children Homicide Investigation May 2006 Rob McKenna Attorney General of Washington & U.S. Department of Justice Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention

Commonly, the killers are at the initial victim-killer contact site for a legitimate reason. They either live in the area or were engaging in some normal activity. Most of the victims of child abduction murder are victims of opportunity. Seldom does the killer choose his victim because of some physical characteristic of the victim. The primary motivation for the child abduction killer is sexual assault.

A unique pattern of distance relationships exists in child abduction murders. Often, the initial contact site is located very close to the victim’s last known location. Conversely, the distance between the Initial Contact Site and the Murder Site increases to distances greater than one-fourth mile. The distance from the Murder Site to the Body Recovery Site again decreases to less than 199 feet in the vast majority of cases.

It was discovered that once the murder investigation has begun, the name of the killer is likely to be in the investigative file within the first week. This provides an opportunity for investigators who may have run out of viable leads to regroup and review everyone whose name has been uncovered during the investigation. Similarly, it is not uncommon for the police to have actual contact with the killer before he becomes a primary suspect, for example, during the initial neighborhood canvass
Very chilling and seems like it could easily fit these murders.

STOP sleuthing the church, its members and newsletter.

WS has no control over what info you seek out / sleuth and discuss behind the scenes, but you cannot post about it here.

I watched a show on Oxygen today about the Piketon Ohio family murders. Certainly those murders are nothing like what happened in Delphi, but a few aspects struck me as similar. Both happened in small towns where the residents were shocked by these crimes. The investigations in both began with rumors of the killer being close to the victims, then it was a revenge killing, then it was drug related, in one meth was the motive, in one marijuana was the motive, etc. There was even a clip from a press conference where LE gave an impassioned speech directed at the killer about “not giving up till we find you!” Two years passed and LE in Delphi said they had determined the killer was local. Two years and LE in Piketon finally arrested four members of a prominent local family. Now Piketon is torn between whether they are guilty or innocent. I wonder if Delphi will split like that when BG is finally caught, especially if he is local.

I’m convinced he did this alone, as most of these crimes are solo affairs.

This just looks like a one man job anyways.

As to your second point, that’s why I’m so curious as to what the crime scene looked like.

The overkill, the cutting, that sort of thing is something that guys like Jack The Ripper, and the Yorkshire Ripper did.

Now we have no idea if anything like that happened here, but as I think this guy is towards that end of the spectrum (disorganized), I wouldn’t be surprised.

I agree... I think he was a lone killer. I have a habit of just thinking of any possible scenarios... sometimes realizing what's wrong with one idea or why it can't be so... makes a better scenario come to light.

Other than bringing along, perhaps... some extra clothing and maybe some rope and a weapon to threaten and kill with... it seems to me there was very little planning on BG's part. Completely opportunistic, imo. The bridge, itself, was the trap and would have trapped anyone he chose that day. It's ready made. No planning necessary... just mosey around trying to look halfway normal and not too creepy until some unfortunate target(s) take the hook... that is cross the bridge when nobody else is across the bridge. That's it. All it would take is some patience which I think doesn't come easy for him under any circumstances.

I get no sense of his being highly intelligent. He was lucky, as others have said and lucky enough that, if someone was approaching, he knew the area well enough to get out and away to safety by using any number of alternative routes to escape. No need to be intelligent but just a need to know the place like the back of his hand.

I think there is a woman in his life but it's on again and off again... that's another whole subject but their relationship and how well it's going at any given time will influence whether and when he'll kill again, imo. I think his relationship with this woman going sour is why he killed in the first place. I also think he has a child or two with her.

I think the crime scene is going to be brutal. A sexual crime that began with feelings of rejection and anger. I think he'll be considered a disorganized killer.

Do they not have a week break in February? I only ask because they do here.

Late February or early March, depending on the school. This is called Spring Break, not Winter Break, and often is the week after midterm exams, so the dates depend on how long the school's Winter Break is, and whether the school is on a semester or trimester schedule.

Many of you have great points about the quick abduction and kill.

But, I still feel its possible he took them at gunpoint from the bridge, and walked them to an outbuilding or barn nearby. I have read that the property south of the bridge the family was out of town for many weeks. A local would have knowledge of this info.

I just can't wrap my head around the fact they are killed at 3pm near a popular walking/hiking trail and was fairly busy with people walking on a nice Feb day.

Surely someone would hear a struggle or screaming. I guess he could have had them tied up and gagged. But I don't think this scenario can be tossed out.

No screams heard, nothing. The family was searching the area from 4pm on until prob 2am. LE searched from 5:30 to 10 or 11 pm. No bodies discovered and they were eventually found not far from Abby's last know location at 2:07 on the bridge.

I think its possible they were not found on the 13th because they were not there. The bodies were left there early in the morning on the 14th.

He had most of the night with them.

Below is a recent ISP bulletin. According to it the girls were murdered within minutes of Libby’s video of the man on the bridge.

“This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered”
New 'Face' of the Delphi Murder Suspect

So he killed the girls at the bridge and carried them the length of 8 football fields and placed them? He attacked them in broad daylight on the bridge?

They were found 1/2 to 3/4 mile from the bridge.....a 1/2 mile takes a person approx 16 minutes to walk alone.

So he killed the girls at the bridge and carried them the length of 8 football fields and placed them? He attacked them in broad daylight on the bridge?

They were found 1/2 to 3/4 mile from the bridge.....a 1/2 mile takes a person approx 16 minutes to walk alone.

My theory is the girls fled to where they were found murdered.

Its been disclosed where the bodies were found, where and approximately when the killer approached them, and when the killer likely left the area. Everything else is conjecture and speculation. More details than that such as where and how the crime specifically took place is information LE has intentionally kept vague in order to keep the timeline and manner of the crimes known only to them and the killer.

All we definitely know is that they were approached at the SE end of the bridge sometime after 2:07pm and that family members couldn't contact them after that. LE thinks the suspect vehicle left before 5pm. Its assumed the attack took place shortly after the BG video was taken but precisely when and where and for how long the killer was with them hasn't been released.

It's just 0.10 of a mile from the south end of the bridge to where their bodies were found.

Attachments

• END OF BRIDGE.jpg
    END OF BRIDGE.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 51
It's just 0.10 of a mile from the south end of the bridge to where their bodies were found.

Corrrect, thanks for sharing.

I figure max 550 feet from the SE end of the bridge. A short walk to the the creek, then across it to the CS.

Some people make it seem like this was a hike in the Sierra Nevada, but it's just a gorge with a creek in it. Very short distances involved, really.

JMO

My theory is the girls fled to where they were found murdered.
thats a good theory but wouldn't somebody have seen two girls running and probably screaming?...

we have to ask ourselves and maybe the cops have asked themselves this too....what one lie/falsehood altered the whole timing/direction of the initial investigation?

and what made them do a double take...

I don’t think “minutes”is meant to be a matter of a few minutes...also don’t think time of death can be narrowed down within minutes? “Minutes” can be up to sixty.

LE has always said there’s more audio that hasn’t been released. As Libby recorded “down the hill” they also know what follows it even though we don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4