Found Deceased CA - Audrey Moran, 26, & Jonathan Reynoso, 28, Riverside County, 10 May 2017 #2 *4 arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to CA several times, but the closest I've probably come to this area was when I drove from San Diego to 29 Palms Marine Corps Base and back. That took me to the northwest of Coachella and Indio. So I'm not that familiar with the volume of traffic on I-10. But I seem to remember that, while not heavy traffic, was very steady.

So how does one park a vehicle on I-10 and not get noticed? I've seen many cases on here where the abductor/killer left the car in airport parking, a visitor spot in another apartment complex, off a city street or a rural road. But on an interstate?!?! Yes, Crystal Rogers car was found on the Bluegrass Pkwy and I can think of one other case in the midwest where a lady's car was found on an interstate hwy, but in that instance LE has a description from drivers of the men she was seen with while parked there. This person(s) took a risk taking Audrey and Jonathan from that spot in another vehicle. And I believe SAR dogs tracked the scent of at least one of them from the vehicle.

Maybe very late at night or very early in the morning when the traffic would be lighter, but it is still a risk.

I've been to CA several times, but the closest I've probably come to this area was when I drove from San Diego to 29 Palms Marine Corps Base and back. That took me to the northwest of Coachella and Indio. So I'm not that familiar with the volume of traffic on I-10. But I seem to remember that, while not heavy traffic, was very steady.

So how does one park a vehicle on I-10 and not get noticed? I've seen many cases on here where the abductor/killer left the car in airport parking, a visitor spot in another apartment complex, off a city street or a rural road. But on an interstate?!?! Yes, Crystal Rogers car was found on the Bluegrass Pkwy and I can think of one other case in the midwest where a lady's car was found on an interstate hwy, but in that instance LE has a description from drivers of the men she was seen with while parked there. This person(s) took a risk taking Audrey and Jonathan from that spot in another vehicle. And I believe SAR dogs tracked the scent of at least one of them from the vehicle.

Maybe very late at night or very early in the morning when the traffic would be lighter, but it is still a risk.
I'm local and the volume on the 10 is fairly heavy (and always steady as you say) most times...though not compared to the 91 or 405 or anywhere near L.A. I'd say they weren't noticed because there's always cars pulled off the highway around here for some reason. You see it all the time. We're just immune to it I guess.

Regardless of what the scent dogs indicated, I am not convinced Audrey and Jonathan were in her vehicle as it traveled to Beaumont that evening.

The exit the vehicle was just past has a gas station, restaurants, etc. all right off of I-10. I am curious to know if any of the cameras at those establishments were checked. I'm not sure if I think the vehicle ever pulled off at that exit, but it certainly couldn't hurt to look. I doubt any of the footage is still available, but I hope they checked it initially.

I am local to this case and would say I-10 is quite heavily traveled. It's definitely more than just steady traffic at pretty much every hour of the day. I've been stuck in non-moving traffic quite a few times in the general area the vehicle was located. There are so many vehicles pulled over that I never give them a second thought except to change lanes if I am in the lane closest to them.

I also think more than one person is involved, but I'm not sure how many people were initially involved versus brought in after the fact.

Regardless of what the scent dogs indicated, I am not convinced Audrey and Jonathan were in her vehicle as it traveled to Beaumont that evening.

The exit the vehicle was just past has a gas station, restaurants, etc. all right off of I-10. I am curious to know if any of the cameras at those establishments were checked. I'm not sure if I think the vehicle ever pulled off at that exit, but it certainly couldn't hurt to look. I doubt any of the footage is still available, but I hope they checked it initially.

I am local to this case and would say I-10 is quite heavily traveled. It's definitely more than just steady traffic at pretty much every hour of the day. I've been stuck in non-moving traffic quite a few times in the general area the vehicle was located. There are so many vehicles pulled over that I never give them a second thought except to change lanes if I am in the lane closest to them.

I also think more than one person is involved, but I'm not sure how many people were initially involved versus brought in after the fact.
Sometimes I wonder if a working dog is no better than their handler. They are amazing trackers. That said I wonder sometimes if the vehicle wasn't just left there and a chase vehicle picked up the driver. It would be less risky than trying to handle 2 hostages at the same time. Still I believe I would have picked a lightly traveled rural road instead.

I don't usually pay attention to vehicles, but I am more likely to pay attention if a person or persons are near it. We get a LOT of traffic on the interstates here around the military bases and still I glance to see if they are someone I know. With just the vehicle I usually don't pay much attention unless it is unusual.

This is a pretty lengthy article - I'm only posting a snippet.

"Friday is the second anniversary of a young couple's mysterious disappearance, one that shocked the Coachella Valley.

Riverside County sheriff's investigators said Wednesday the case of Jonathan Reynoso and Audrey Moran remains perplexing.

Sheriff's Lt. Walt Mendez told reporters on Wednesday afternoon in Riverside that the disappearance is still a missing-persons case two years later."

Missing couple case: Two years later, sheriff's lieutenant says he believes it is 'solvable'

This is a pretty lengthy article - I'm only posting a snippet.

"Friday is the second anniversary of a young couple's mysterious disappearance, one that shocked the Coachella Valley.

Riverside County sheriff's investigators said Wednesday the case of Jonathan Reynoso and Audrey Moran remains perplexing.

Sheriff's Lt. Walt Mendez told reporters on Wednesday afternoon in Riverside that the disappearance is still a missing-persons case two years later."

Missing couple case: Two years later, sheriff's lieutenant says he believes it is 'solvable'
Two years! Unbelievable. Good article. I've read it before but it is worth repeating.

We don't know if LE has prints or DNA. But if the abductor(s) didn't get in or use the vehicle there wouldn't be anything there. Although, I do believe it is likely the abductor or one of them was in the vehicle directing them to that spot where they were put in another vehicle. OR the abductor or accomplice parked the vehicle there and was picked up by a chase car after everything else had been done.

If we believe what the dogs tracked then the hijacking is likely. Unless they received a call from someone with 'car trouble' - a ruse to get them to stop - and the abduction went down at that point. In that scenario the abductor's DNA/prints are not in vehicle. But two vehicles with that type of activity risks being noticed. We don't know if LE received a tip in that regard, but they haven't mentioned looking for another vehicle. Of course, that could be something LE is not releasing even if they do have it. This scenario is only likely if it involves someone Jonathan, Audrey or both trusted. Audrey was likely driving so someone she trusted?

Abducting both of them on the side of road is taking a risk one of them won't run or there is a struggle or both and passing cars see it. All the more reason I believe this involved someone they trusted and didn't believe it would end up in their deaths. I believe the least likely is one of them of the abductors forced them to that spot on the interstate. Why change vehicles there instead of a more secluded spot in the desert? For that matter if the vehicle was intended to dropped somewhere after the crime why not pick a more secluded spot as well? In many cases if the criminal was in the victim's vehicle they burn it and here the criminal(s) didn't have an issue with leaving the vehicle as is. That makes me believe the hijacking is a strong scenario.

Two years! Unbelievable. Good article. I've read it before but it is worth repeating.

We don't know if LE has prints or DNA. But if the abductor(s) didn't get in or use the vehicle there wouldn't be anything there. Although, I do believe it is likely the abductor or one of them was in the vehicle directing them to that spot where they were put in another vehicle. OR the abductor or accomplice parked the vehicle there and was picked up by a chase car after everything else had been done.

If we believe what the dogs tracked then the hijacking is likely. Unless they received a call from someone with 'car trouble' - a ruse to get them to stop - and the abduction went down at that point. In that scenario the abductor's DNA/prints are not in vehicle. But two vehicles with that type of activity risks being noticed. We don't know if LE received a tip in that regard, but they haven't mentioned looking for another vehicle. Of course, that could be something LE is not releasing even if they do have it. This scenario is only likely if it involves someone Jonathan, Audrey or both trusted. Audrey was likely driving so someone she trusted?

Abducting both of them on the side of road is taking a risk one of them won't run or there is a struggle or both and passing cars see it. All the more reason I believe this involved someone they trusted and didn't believe it would end up in their deaths. I believe the least likely is one of them of the abductors forced them to that spot on the interstate. Why change vehicles there instead of a more secluded spot in the desert? For that matter if the vehicle was intended to dropped somewhere after the crime why not pick a more secluded spot as well? In many cases if the criminal was in the victim's vehicle they burn it and here the criminal(s) didn't have an issue with leaving the vehicle as is. That makes me believe the hijacking is a strong scenario.

At first I thought the same thing about someone she trusted called her about car troubles and thats how her car ended on the side of the freeway but then I read an article that said her phone never left the coachela area and it was turned off around 10 so when her car was being drove there she didnt have her phone so whatever happened must occured before them moving the car to the freeway

At first I thought the same thing about someone she trusted called her about car troubles and thats how her car ended on the side of the freeway but then I read an article that said her phone never left the coachela area and it was turned off around 10 so when her car was being drove there she didnt have her phone so whatever happened must occured before them moving the car to the freeway
She could have been there, but her phone taken away from her. If they were abducted, the first thing the abductors would take away would be any weapons - gun or knife - and then their phones. But I wonder where Jonathan's phone was pinging? If my scenario is correct and they were abducted at the same time Jonathan's phone should show in the same area. There's good chance that one of them was the target and the other was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Of course, if this was a jealous ex or Audrey that doesn't apply as he would likely target both of them.

I belive that I read somewhere that Johnathan's phone was only working with wifi because his service had been cut off.
I don't recall hearing or reading that point. If that is true all we have is Audrey's phone data. And if an abductor took her phone away and destroyed it.....

I will try to find it!! Maybe it was heresay from one of the friends?? My apologies if that is incorrect though.

Questions.

I am puzzled as to how Brawley figures in. That is, beyond Audrey mentioning it to her sister. I’ve read where she is going to Brawley – between an hour and an hour and a half – from Jonathan’s Palm Desert home. And I’ve read that he was in Brawley but on his way back and she was picking him up.

The pizza box with 5:44 PM time. If Jonathan did order that pizza it probably arrived between 6:00 and 6:15. He called Audrey sometime between 8:00 (when Audrey got off work) and 8:30 (I’ve also heard 8:45) to pick him up. So he eats a pizza and leaves possibly at the earliest, 6:30 PM, and goes to Brawley, he would likely arrive between 7:30 and 8:00. He calls her less than an hour later and has her pick him up?

Text from Audrey’s phone of her and Jonathan. Didn’t Audrey send this about 8:50 that evening in response to a text from her mother?

Brawley again. We don’t know the context in which Brawley is mentioned. He was in Brawley? He was on his way back from Brawley? OR he stated he was on or off of Hwy 86 or Hwy 111 LIKE you are GOING to Brawley? IOW a direction. Or course, if he was north of the Salton Sea, why wouldn’t say, ‘…like you are going toward the Salton Sea.’?

Jonathan’s cell phone. Rumor that he can only use it with WIFI. If that is true and he and some friends are sending meme’s back and forth up till around 9:05 PM, it would seem he was somewhere where he could use WIFI. His place? Someone else’s place in the Palm Desert, Indio or Coachella area?

SUV on the interstate. I don’t know how the highway patrol is with abandoned vehicles in CA. In VA, I’ve parked a vehicle and VA SP put an abandoned vehicle tag with the date and time and they did within 2-3 hours. If the vehicle is still there 48 hours they tow the vehicle and a certified letter is sent to the owner. Unless it has changed, I thought CHP gave the owner 4 hours (I’ve also read 72 hours) after being tagged, if on public property, to remove the vehicle. This vehicle sat there from the night of May 10th or early May 11th to May 12th on a busy interstate? And not tagged? I believe LE used ONSTAR to locate it and not anything from CHP records.

Dog tracking from SUV. Did the dogs track one scent – Jonathan or Audrey – OR both? I’m not familiar with dog tracking, but can an article of clothing from the person be dragged across the ground to provide a false trail? Why do this? Well, if the vehicle was actually left there early on the morning it was found, May 12th, it is possible Audrey and Jonathan were not even in the vehicle at that point. Rather someone parked the vehicle, dragged some clothing across the pavement to make it appear Audrey and Jonathan got in another vehicle. Far fetched? Maybe. Or the driver tracked something from Audrey that he got on his shoes from her SUV a short distance? Again, far fetched? A VI with knowledge of tracking dogs would know better.

ONSTAR on Audrey's SUV. From what I understand of the service you can subscribe to a monthly service to obtain a real time location of the vehicle, BUT not how it traveled to that spot. BUT if the vehicle is parked it will not tell you how long it was there. Unless the driver was using a navigation system installed by the manufacturer you really have no travel history, just where the vehicle is located at the time you inquire. Maybe someone has better info than this.

The body – or bodies? – found south of Bakersfield. We have not heard anything on this.

Motive. Ex-boyfriend sounds like one of the best.

Another motive. The drug connection has been brought up. But what about human trafficking coming up from Mexico? This is a convoluted matter now. In addition to Mexicans there are now persons from Central American countries. Organized crime from Asian countries are smuggling persons into Mexico and then across the border. Although most of the violence occurs in Mexico, some occurs here and one such city, Phoenix AZ, is considered the worst in the US. I’m not saying either was involved, but could one or the other have learned something or saw something they shouldn’t have.

OK, very wordy and rambling, but just some thoughts.

Here is a link to a YouTube video. It has some interesting theories on it.

I have read hundreds of different theories on this case. It holds a special place since I am from the Coachella Valley. The person below posted a comment that stood out from anything I have read. It was so detailed that it gave me the chills.

Illumus Marketing

From the area. And have a theory. But first some back story. In this valley ALOT of people make their money from drugs. Even people who look like legitimate business owners. There was a warrant search where they were looking for traces of human remains and even used a bulldozer. I believe that was when they brought trashbags out. If audrey wasn't exclusive neither was Jonathan and both seemed to enjoy partying. Which leads to my theory. 1. They have a mutual friend they know from partying (small community out here) who is involved in the drug trade. Audrey probably knew him first from partying. (Alot of girls out here like dudes from that lifestyle). Nothing ever serious between them like formally dating or her family and friends would know the guy. Probably the kind of guy who deals with/related to the cartels, but is not actually cartel himself. 2. Whether they BOTH know this individual before or after they start dating is unknown. Though it would explain Jonathan's friends not knowing him. 3. Jonathan and Audrey "date" for awhile, during which time Jonathan loses his job. 4. Summer time out here Is hard and we get alot of layoffs, seasonal closings, or cutting of hours at alot of establishments once the weather reaches the 95's in may.(Max's out at 120 in July) 5. Seeing Jonathan looking for alternative forms of income, probably already selling small quantities, Audrey mentions her friend to Jonathan. (Wouldnt be the first time a girlfriend has made a man do something out of character) 6. A deal is made and Jonathan hits the races running. Which would explain him going out to concerts and dinners etc even though at that point he had been unemployed for several months. 7. Since it's his first time selling drugs he probably messed up his re-up money. And was probably given certain amount of time to pay. 8. Unable to pay, the person who lent out the drugs now tells the cartel members (who probably use this middleman ex's house as a place of business) that the guy isn't paying. 9. At this point Audrey is the one who vouched for this man Jonathan, and is forced to facilitate a set up for that evening. Naively believing the encounter is not meant to be fatal but a scare. Which is how the kidnappers eventually got Jonathan from his house that evening to the "pickup" location "he" asked Audrey to meet him at. (The key to solving this case is finding out EXACTLY how Jonathan left his home that evening, if he did at all.) 10. Now around 8:00pm she receives the call from these individuals who forced the setup. Not Jonathan. He was probably already dead. Hence the brief call, and the fabricated story involving Jonathan and Brawley that Audrey told her sister. 11. Whether something went wrong or a false pretense was used, probably to unlock his phone, she was lured to a location she was familiar with. Made obvious due to the lack of corresponce regarding said pickup location both before and after the alleged pickup time. My idea is the location was the drug house that they used for introduction/pickup. Which would explain the search warrant being served on that house. As it would've been the last place their phones were active before suspicious activity began. 12. Audrey gets there and is held at gunpoint forced to unlock phones to check for incriminating evidence and send "welfare confirmations" to family and friends. Which is why Jonathan's phone sends message first around 8:30ish. 13. 30 minutes later Audrey is killed and has her own welfare confirmation message sent. Both sent in the same vague manner. 14. The bodies are dismembered over the next 12 hrs and placed in disposal containers to be dissolved elsewhere. 15. The dismembered bodies are driven in Audrey's vehicle, probably in the late evening, to another waiting vehicle to transfer vehicles and finish erasing any trail left. Bodies are probably decomposed in a desert or in Mexico. (They only search vehicle coming into US.) This explains 1. Why none of Jonathan's friends/family know of him having friends or reason for being in brawley. Audrey made it up. 2. Why Audrey's friends/family wouldnt know the guy. (because honestly, how many girls don't tell people their with someone.) 3. Why audrey needed no directions to Jonathan's location after receiving the call. 4. The welfare messages sent at nearly the same time. And why that specific order. 5. The burning vehicle. (Used to kidnap Jonathan but not used for murder. Hence why no arresstable evidence was found) 6. The reason for their scent dropping and no one seeing 2 distressed people being transferred into another vehicle. (Killers were in a vehicle behind person driving bodies.) 7. How they found this man's house despite "family/friends not knowing him". 8. Why they brought a bulldozer and the coroner's office to the search warrant location despite finding no body. 9. And why they found bags of evidence placing them at that house despite it not being enough to arrest anyone (they've had plausible reason to be there) 10. Why the parties stopped. The parties are usually used by narcos to hide the people stopping and going on large pickup/dropoff days. Spots been burned so no more activity. 11. Why the "ex" was never arrested. They're hoping to use him as bait or don't have enough to arrest him as he was just a facilitator and not involved with the deed. The cartel member who used this mans house as a place of business fled, would flee or is unidentifiable which is why no information released. Sealed warrants also usually means federal investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member