Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was never stated by the other individuals that he showed up at Ollie's later that evening. I am trying to find the correspondence but if I remember correctly it was stated that they did not see him. But again we are dealing with comments from others and no direct evidence to say one way or another.
I thought MK confirmed DW arrived at Ollie's?

OK, Thanks all for responding to my query about where DW went after picking up DNV's phone at Dublin. My recall had been that he went to Ollie's thinking DNV had proceeded there and he'd return her phone to her. I just can't remember if any of the other friends saw him there.

Doing this from my phone. Let me know if you can not open it.

Thanks for this! LE being SOOOO meticulous and calculated and cautious with their photographing and recovery of DNV's car makes me think there was something(s) in there worth noting. Maybe a blood stain on a seat? A weapon?? I don't know, anything really, but it does give me hope that there was clear and obvious evidence left in the car that they took note of immediately (other than a deceased body obviously) and that's why they were so careful to document everything before pulling the car up. I'm really hoping we get a PC soon with some sort of update

Doing this from my phone. Let me know if you can not open it.
Worked great for me! Thanks! Pulling out some quotes for those having trouble viewing (Italics by me, just things that perked my ears... eyes? up a bit):

Discovery of her car:
  • "There, submerged beneath more than 20 feet of murky water in Bayou Sara, police found the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 25-yearold Danniella Vian was seen driving almost a year ago on the night she disappeared. Inside was the body of an adult female police say had “been there a while.”"
  • "Investigators are waiting on a state autopsy to officially determine whether the remains are Vian’s. There’s been no indication of how long that might take, but MPD Chief Lawrence Battiste has said that, due to the level of decomposition, a DNA test could be required."
  • “It’s just not an area where she knows anybody or has any reason to be.” - JDT
  • "...about two weeks ago when a sergeant on MPD’s team of divers was working to mark and map an area of Bayou Sara for future training. About 40 feet out from the public boat launch, he noticed something strange deep in the water and marked the location."
  • “At some point, if we have to go into a courtroom, we want to make sure we can bring justice and closure to [Vian’s] family.” - Battiste
The night she disappeared:
  • "Surveillance footage from the gas station caught Vian’s car and another vehicle arriving at 11:05 p.m., and then leaving at or around 11:24 p.m. The week after Vian’s disappearance, that footage was posted online by NBC 15, but was taken down at the request of MPD detectives."
  • "According to [JDT], Vian went out that night to celebrate buying her car. She met up with an old friend named Randy Capps, who she hadn’t seen in a while. Thomas said two of Capps’ friends who Vian didn’t know eventually joined the group — one of whom was Denson White."
  • "Facebook messages sent to White seeking input on this report did not receive a response, and according to NBC News, he did not respond to similar requests for an interview from reporters..."
  • "Capps declined an opportunity to contribute to this report, but did confirm he is a friend of Vian’s and was with her the night she disappeared."
  • "[DW] told the family he last saw Vian get in her car to follow him back to the bar, but at some point, headed in another direction. Thomas said she received a call from White around 7:30 a.m. the next morning telling her he had found Vian’s phone and wanted to return it to her."
  • "According to Thomas, White eventually met her and her husband at the police station that Friday when they filed a missing-person report. It was there, she said, that White returned Vian’s phone."
Danni and Tyler's Relationship
  • “They had their problems. My son was an addict,” [JDT] said this week. “They both completely loved each other and even when they weren’t together they were friends, but it’s really hard to maintain a good relationship when drugs are involved.”
  • "There have also been issues between Vian and Tyler related to the custody of their daughter. In 2015, Tyler filed a petition for custody that accused Vian of using marijuana around Cora, but the case never moved forward. Thomas said things smoothed over, and the petition was dismissed."
  • "“Tyler kind of put it out of his mind and didn’t deal with it,” Thomas said. “He’s even told me before, ‘Mom, she’s gone’ — like straight up said ‘she’s dead, or she would have been here — so let’s just stop talking about it and move forward.’ It has really affected him,” [JDT] said."
  • "While she wants justice for her granddaughter’s mother, [JDT] also said she plans to let police do their jobs and will take a less active role in finding potential perpetrator(s) than she did searching for Vian. “This is not my job now that she’s been found, but I know they have this,” [JDT] told Lagniappe. “It’s out of my hands, but I’m very confident they’re going to do whatever they have to do to find who did this. She’s not just another number to them.”"
Very thorough article. Some interesting tidbits.

It appeared not to open for me the first time I tried but when I hit it again, a pdf showed at the bottom right hand corner of my screen, which I was able to open.
I have a flip/dumb phone.......I do not text or do voice mails either......I do have a magnifying glass and a Sherlock Holmes hat though ....LOL !.........moo

Worked great for me! Thanks! Pulling out some quotes for those having trouble viewing (Italics by me, just things that perked my ears... eyes? up a bit):

Discovery of her car:
  • "There, submerged beneath more than 20 feet of murky water in Bayou Sara, police found the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze 25-yearold Danniella Vian was seen driving almost a year ago on the night she disappeared. Inside was the body of an adult female police say had “been there a while.”"
  • "Investigators are waiting on a state autopsy to officially determine whether the remains are Vian’s. There’s been no indication of how long that might take, but MPD Chief Lawrence Battiste has said that, due to the level of decomposition, a DNA test could be required."
  • “It’s just not an area where she knows anybody or has any reason to be.” - JDT
  • "...about two weeks ago when a sergeant on MPD’s team of divers was working to mark and map an area of Bayou Sara for future training. About 40 feet out from the public boat launch, he noticed something strange deep in the water and marked the location."
  • “At some point, if we have to go into a courtroom, we want to make sure we can bring justice and closure to [Vian’s] family.” - Battiste
  • "Surveillance footage from the gas station caught Vian’s car and another vehicle arriving at 11:05 p.m., and then leaving at or around 11:24 p.m. The week after Vian’s disappearance, that footage was posted online by NBC 15, but was taken down at the request of MPD detectives."
  • "According to [JDT], Vian went out that night to celebrate buying her car. She met up with an old friend named Randy Capps, who she hadn’t seen in a while. Thomas said two of Capps’ friends who Vian didn’t know eventually joined the group — one of whom was Denson White."
  • "Facebook messages sent to White seeking input on this report did not receive a response, and according to NBC News, he did not respond to similar requests for an interview from reporters..."
  • "Capps declined an opportunity to contribute to this report, but did confirm he is a friend of Vian’s and was with her the night she disappeared."
  • "[DW] told the family he last saw Vian get in her car to follow him back to the bar, but at some point, headed in another direction. Thomas said she received a call from White around 7:30 a.m. the next morning telling her he had found Vian’s phone and wanted to return it to her."
  • "According to Thomas, White eventually met her and her husband at the police station that Friday when they filed a missing-person report. It was there, she said, that White returned Vian’s phone."
  • “They had their problems. My son was an addict,” [JDT] said this week. “They both completely loved each other and even when they weren’t together they were friends, but it’s really hard to maintain a good relationship when drugs are involved.”
  • "There have also been issues between Vian and Tyler related to the custody of their daughter. In 2015, Tyler filed a petition for custody that accused Vian of using marijuana around Cora, but the case never moved forward. Thomas said things smoothed over, and the petition was dismissed."
  • "“Tyler kind of put it out of his mind and didn’t deal with it,” Thomas said. “He’s even told me before, ‘Mom, she’s gone’ — like straight up said ‘she’s dead, or she would have been here — so let’s just stop talking about it and move forward.’ It has really affected him,” [JDT] said."
  • "While she wants justice for her granddaughter’s mother, [JDT] also said she plans to let police do their jobs and will take a less active role in finding potential perpetrator(s) than she did searching for Vian. “This is not my job now that she’s been found, but I know they have this,” [JDT] told Lagniappe. “It’s out of my hands, but I’m very confident they’re going to do whatever they have to do to find who did this. She’s not just another number to them.”"
Thank you for sharing this info....moo

Quoting myself to add some commentary.

This... doesn't bode well for me as far as cause of death goes. Decomp can make it really, really hard to determine an exact COD. Another missing case, Mark Bakotic - his body was found in the river (NOLA) in about the same time frame if I remember correctly, and the COD remains undetermined. The plus side is that with this case, we also have a car and who knows what other evidence, whereas with him it was just his body, but... ugh. It makes me fear we may never know the full story.

“It’s just not an area where she knows anybody or has any reason to be.” - JDT

This was an interesting comment to me. I wonder how much of the details of DNV's life that JDT really knows. I don't think it can be ruled out absolutely that she knew someone around there. JDT certainly knows someone who lives nearby, but of course, that doesn't mean DNV did. It is a strange area for her to be in though from what we do know, so I can see where the comment comes from, but I don't feel it's an absolute.

"Surveillance footage from the gas station caught Vian’s car and another vehicle arriving at 11:05 p.m., and then leaving at or around 11:24 p.m. The week after Vian’s disappearance, that footage was posted online by NBC 15, but was taken down at the request of MPD detectives."

Lagniappe is definitely reporting/implying there being 2 vehicles only. Per their own viewing of the tape? Per MPD? Per JDT? They're pretty good with their investigative journalism, so it has me wondering what they "know" and where they "know" it from. They personally interviewed JDT so I'm inclined to think it came from her but... they tend to be thorough and not just say things without attributing them? I don't know.

Thomas said two of Capps’ friends who Vian didn’t know eventually joined the group — one of whom was Denson White."

Is there any evidence of DNV knowing DW prior to that night? I've seen him referred to as a "friend" here a couple of times, but I don't recall ever hearing or reading that they were close at all or really knew each other. Did I miss something?

• Facebook messages sent to White seeking input on this report did not receive a response, and according to NBC News, he did not respond to similar requests for an interview from reporters..."

My problem is that I can generally see both sides and form an understanding of both sides. Is it kind of "off" that DW was the last person confirmed to have seen her, yet he doesn't respond to the media or speak out at all in his own defense? Yes. Is it also not "off"? Totally. He went to the MPD station and spoke with detectives, the only ones who really matter, and I don't know that I'd want to talk to the media and have them twist my words or be scrutinized by my every facial expression. RC declined to comment as well apart from confirming he was there, and nobody has tilted their head at him. So... off... but not off...

Discovery of her car:
Interesting that this article only notes 2 cars at the Shell and not the possibility of a third. Also states JDT filed the missing person report not DW as some have stated. DW met them at the police station to return the phone while jdt and her husband were filing the missing person report.

Then remember they were able to get into the phone using her work password.

Let me just say this...does it not strike anyone as strange that the SAME day the ex-boyfriend was released from jail just happens to be the same day the case was turned over to the homicide unit? -July 25- and the following day there is leaked footage of the surveillance video, posted by WPMI around 9:30pm (on their Facebook page)?! I can’t remember the exact time I’ll have to look it up tomorrow...the video was up for apps 15min. The ex knows something without a doubt.
Isn’t it also strange that SWAT, K-9’s, drones, and people carrying shovels were seen at the time of the search warrant on the Dykes’ property? I mean come on...all that man power for what turned out to not much of anything. My guess is the ex is rolling like crazy on people.
My gut tells me that DNV and DW were probably closer than what is portrayed. What if he was the baby daddy and her sugar daddy. Yes maybe she was trying to get her life in order and talked about wanting the baby boy back, maybe she threatened to let the wife know about things? Maybe she was trying to get full custody of her daughter? Too many things just don’t add up. How would he know of all the contacts in her phone to just call JDT? Moreso, when asked on the Brainscratchers interview about how DW got her (JDT) number she just “didn’t know” nor did she seem interested. She did say that she didn’t even know where he called from, that she tried to get phone records but they had Cricket so she couldn’t...
<modsnip: removed screenshot of social media of individual who has not been named a POI or suspect>

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think the surveillance video is pure bait. I do believe there must be incriminating evidence for them to have requested that it be removed. If there wasn’t anything to see then it would still be viewable.

I don’t think the friend last with Daniella is baby daddy just based on my own sleuthing. MOO

I do think LE knows more than we do and has reason to suspect foul play. Now with a body, let’s hope they have enough to move forward with an arrest.

How would he know of all the contacts in her phone to just call JDT?
Not sure what type of phone she had, but mine has the option to list on the home screen contact info in case it gets lost, so she might have had JDT listed. You can also bring up the phone and camera without unlocking it if you set the security that way, so if she had her listed under ICE or something like that it's another possibility.

From the article, and sorry if @theides already pulled this, quote from JDT "When I saw detective [Glenn] Barton, I didn't have to ask. Of course, he said everything had to be verified, but I know it's Danni...It's just not an area where she knows anybody or has any reason to be." I get where she's coming from, but I think that would have maybe given me at least a sliver of hope that it wouldn't be her.

Discovery of her car:

The portion about the vehicles that arrived at the gas station eliminates the possibility of 3 different cars. I wonder if that was confirmed to Lagniappe prior to publishing or if it was a detail they missed?

Going off @theides excellent commentary.
RE: "It's just not an area where she knows anybody or has any reason to be."
I really don't understand that either. I honestly don't think anyone in my life would be able to say something like that for an area that was within 30 minutes of my house- even my ex's mother who I was super close with. There's no way JDT knows where all of DNV's co workers live, all of her friends, etc that's just such a strange thing to say. I do wonder how close they were though for her to even think she could comment on that. Maybe we're all just completely off and they were super close and ????? No there's just no way. Weird thing to say, kinda makes me think along the lines of "woahhh that is SUCH a random place, no need to even look into it because it's SOOO random so don't bother sleuthing who lives around there"

Also I think the missing 3 cars is just an oversight by the writer JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member