Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a lot of leaves to cover a person. They looked pretty sparse to me on the released crime scene pics.

If you picked a spot based on sight-lines (in a dip, around a bend) then darkness would do a wonderful job on its own.

Not necessarily to you directly Jamie but does anyone actually have a link about the "covered in leaves"? As I recall this comes from the days of DN in which his mother was murdered in the woods and found covered in leaves and I think it is one of those things that got mixed into this case. I'm not 100% though, JMO.

Reading the transcript after watching the presser, I feel like it could be LE or someone in the church. Simply because of repetitive mention of power, and how those close to the suspect will feel. Almost like it is someone you will never expect, someone with a family they are close to. JMO, I haven’t followed this closely since the beginning, but the new presser gave me an intense feeling to start getting informed.

That's not true. Search warrant was near 11000 Bridge bicycle rd. The area people are going crazy about that someone pulled from a scanner this morning (which has no evidence its related to the delphi murder investigation) is near 1275 bridge bicycle rd. Not even close.

The two locations are not the same. Just because something going on that's mentioned on a police scanner happens to be on the same road (not even close to the same ADDRESS) as some search warrants years ago doesn't mean its in any way connected to this case.

What exactly is not true, I was stating there is a difference in "serving a search warrant" to a specific property on Bicycle Bride Rd (as what happened in Feb 2017) to closing a large stretch of that same road this morning (from intersections 421 to 1275 W) for an "investigation." yes that is true. I said it was likely just an investigation related to a traffic incident (as is necessary for insurance purposes, especially when the accident results in a fatality) and not the murders. If you're going to state definitives like "that's not true" you should probably make sure you're actually reading what you are quoting.

What exactly is not true, I was stating there is a difference in "serving a search warrant" to a specific property on Bicycle Bride Rd (as what happened in Feb 2017) to closing a large stretch of that same road this morning (from intersections 421 to 1275 W) for an "investigation." yes that is true. I said it was likely just an investigation related to a traffic incident (as is necessary for insurance purposes, especially when the accident results in a fatality) and not the murders. If you're going to state definitives like "that's not true" you should probably make sure you're actually reading what you are quoting.

You posted that "the stretch of Bicycle Bridge road they have closed this morning for an investigation is very large, and yes the house where they served the search warrant is almost directly in the middle of it."

The house where they served a search warrant on in 2017 is not in the middle of what they closed this morning. Its not even near it. Its just happens to be on the same road.

Am I off, or is the same officer who helped find the girls (literally) the same one who was also the first on scene at the Flora fires? I’m not implying anything if true, just thought it was odd.

For CCSO Delphi there are about 7 total patrolling deputies -
MOO so no, I don't think odd.
If you read the police blotter for the area the deputies names come up over and over again as its just them stopping speeders, DWI, and investigating crimes.

Deputies

Last edited:
You posted that "the stretch of Bicycle Bridge road they have closed this morning for an investigation is very large, and yes the house where they served the search warrant is almost directly in the middle of it."

The house where they served a search warrant on in 2017 is not in the middle of what they closed this morning. Its not even near it. Its just happens to be on the same road.
That doesn't mean it's not related to the Abby and Libby investigation, and it also doesn't mean it is. We don't have enough information to make any assumptions on this yet.

I don't think this guy has to be smart at all, just very, very, very lucky.

Look at John Miller in the April Tinsley case who disappeared in broad daylight at 3pm in the afternoon.
This guy was sloppy, leaving DNA, clues, doing things in broad daylight leaving notes on bicycles, barns mailboxes where people could easily see him.

Yet evaded capture for decades.

I think he was feeling remorse and wanted to be found. AFAIK, this was his only crime. About the DNA, they did not know how things would change.

Reading the transcript after watching the presser, I feel like it could be LE or someone in the church. Simply because of repetitive mention of power, and how those close to the suspect will feel. Almost like it is someone you will never expect, someone with a family they are close to. JMO, I haven’t followed this closely since the beginning, but the new presser gave me an intense feeling to start getting informed.
The only thing that makes me think it could be someone with a religious background, someone from within area (not necessarily still as an active member) is the reference to conscience and The Shack. When raised in a religious environment it's hard to shed everything you grew up with. Perhaps that was what Supt. Carter meant about having just a wee bit of conscience left. JMO

Meaning they closed an "area" that encompasses any property on that road between two crossroads vs. serving a warrant to one specific property...meaning there is a difference in the two, hence likely not revisiting the same property as was searched previously and likely more related to a traffic incident than the murders (which I also said).

That's not true. Search warrant was near 11000 Bridge bicycle rd. The area people are going crazy about that someone pulled from a scanner this morning (which has no evidence its related to the delphi murder investigation) is near 1275 bridge bicycle rd. Not even close.

The two locations are not the same. Just because something going on that's mentioned on a police scanner happens to be on the same road (not even close to the same ADDRESS) as some search warrants years ago doesn't mean its in any way connected to this case.

Search was at 11036 BB Road - ablut 4 minutes west of this closure area.
Is it possible for LE and whoever owns the nearest cell tower, to review all the phones that pinged in that vicinity that day? Sorry if this has been asked previously.

MOO Possible but not quick. Need a warrant and time for the cell
co. to pull the data.

Not necessarily to you directly Jamie but does anyone actually have a link about the "covered in leaves"? As I recall this comes from the days of DN in which his mother was murdered in the woods and found covered in leaves and I think it is one of those things that got mixed into this case. I'm not 100% though, JMO.

I don’t and you could be right about the source, if it’s a rumour.

The deer standing higher up on the ridge caused the searcher to sight the bodies lying on the grass so that indicates they weren’t hidden by leaves. The searcher may still have been on the other side of the river when he noticed that.

“He saw something. He could not figure out what it was. There were two deer standing up there. As he looked up to see what it was, that is when he saw them,” said Libby’s grandma, Becky Patty.

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods...”
Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

Is it possible for LE and whoever owns the nearest cell tower, to review all the phones that pinged in that vicinity that day? Sorry if this has been asked previously.

I have wondered if that is exactly what led to this "new direction." Someone who had previously been cleared isn't cleared anymore because their phone was pinging near there that day. I think it takes a long time to do that, especially during daytime hours. IIRC, in the Heather Elvis case, there was not a lot for officials to sort through (with regard to the cell phone pings from the tower near the crime) because it was a fairly isolated area in the middle of the night.

I don’t and you could be right about the source, if it’s a rumour.

The deer standing higher up on the ridge caused the searcher to sight the bodies lying on the grass so that indicates they weren’t hidden by leaves. The searcher may still have been on the other side of the river when he noticed that.

“He saw something. He could not figure out what it was. There were two deer standing up there. As he looked up to see what it was, that is when he saw them,” said Libby’s grandma, Becky Patty.

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods...”
Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

The ridge is the top of the gorge behind the cemetery and RL's property. So the volunteer searcher could have been down close to the water's edge, or yes across the creek.

JMO

This may have nothing to do with anything but I'm going to look into it further. Anyone remember the location mentioned before about something that happened or was checked out on Bicycle Bridge Rd?
Messages from Carroll County E911 : Nixle

Interesting. If it is not a traffic investigation, o
stretch between 421 and 1275w BB Rd. it must be another kind of investigstion, that stretch has no houses.
MOO maybe they are looking for something thrown in a pursuit, from some other crime, or hopefully and maybe a tip on Abby and Libby.
The early 2017 search was at a home 4 minutes west of of the current search.

Last edited:
The only thing that makes me think it could be someone with a religious background, someone from within area (not necessarily still as an active member) is the reference to conscience and The Shack. When raised in a religious environment it's hard to shed everything you grew up with. Perhaps that was what Supt. Carter meant about having just a wee bit of conscience left. JMO

Reference to THE SHACK could also be a reflection of Carter's beliefs instead of a reflection on BG's.

Interesting. If it is not a traffic investigation. the stretch between 421 and 1275w BB Rd. it must be another kind of investigstion, that stretch has no houses.
MOO maybe they are looking for something thrown in a pursuit, from some other crime, or hopefully a maybe a tip on Abby and Libby.
The early 2017 search was at a home 4 minutes west of of the current search.

Interesting. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members