Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched the video. I’ll paraphrase::
I’m having trouble finding a link outside of thevsicials I can share. Interesting KHOU’s YouTube video
of this has been edited right at this spot. You hear the question but answer is gone. I believe it’s at the 3:24 mark.

Reporter- so when was the last time you SPOKE with Maleah.

BB2 I believe Monday because B.B. left town Tuesday and was doing laundry at my house.

Reporter: so you have seen her recently

BB2: yes

So to me, it’s not clear that she saw her Monday although likely. She could have spoken with her as maybe just B.B. was at her house doing laundry not Maleah. To me it’s interesting she didn’t say B.B. and the kids. Why would she have just one kid there? Reporters question about recently seeing her doesn’t mean it was Monday, just recently.

See why I am ambiguous?

Erica Simon on Twitter
#MaleahDavis’ aunt reached out to me; says her sister is a “real sweet girl” who was in Massachusetts w/ her from 4/30-5/3 for their dad’s funeral. (This photo is at the burial). Despite what people think, she says Brittany is NOT involved in dissapearance.

D6JyylUW0AEFk3l.jpg

3:45 PM - 9 May 2019
So she was back home by the 3rd and Maleah was reported missing on the 5th. Hmmm.

Just rewatched the video. I’ll paraphrase::
I’m having trouble finding a link outside of thevsicials I can share. Interesting KHOU’s YouTube video
of this has been edited right at this spot. You hear the question but answer is gone. I believe it’s at the 3:24 mark.

Reporter- so when was the last time you SPOKE with Maleah.

BB2 I believe Monday because B.B. left town Tuesday and was doing laundry at my house.

Reporter: so you have seen her recently

BB2: yes

So to me, it’s not clear that she saw her Monday although likely. She could have spoken with her as maybe just B.B. was at her house doing laundry not Maleah. To me it’s interesting she didn’t say B.B. and the kids. Why would she have just one kid there? Reporters question about recently seeing her doesn’t mean it was Monday, just recently.

See why I am ambiguous?
Good catch on "spoke" I didn't even catch that. Although I have 2 kids screaming next to me. I did, however, notice that cut YouTube video and thought it was strange. It was the first video I watched.

RE: BB not immediately calling the police

There is a real distrust of police by many black Americans...and some Americans in general. She possibly did not want to call the police in case it led to a deadly encounter or looked bad on her as someone who just got her kids back.

If I recall correctly from the live video with BB2, BB contacted LE on Saturday morning, and made an incomplete report.

After there was no follow up from LE, BB2 assisted BB in making a complete report including her missing children, DV, and vehicle.

I do believe that BB was fearful of contact by CPS, and fear motivated her initial, incomplete police report on her missing family.

MOO

I don't know what to think, but it makes me unhappy when people generalize that step-fathers are always bad, abusive people. I was blessed to have had an excellent stepfather, who I probably didn't appreciate as much as I should have when I was a child or teen.

Just a "shout out" that all stepdads are not bad.
Agreed!

This is everything that happened Thursday in the search for Maleah Davis
[...]

A car was found
  • Where did it happen: A cab driver spotted a vehicle that belongs to the family of 4-year-old Maleah Thursday morning around 10:30 a.m. Thursday in Missouri City, according to police. Detective Ken Fregia of the Houston Police Department said the cab driver called police when she spotted the vehicle in the parking lot of a shopping center at the corner of Highway 6 and Riverstone Boulevard.
  • What police found: “The vehicle was unlocked when we got here,” Fregia said. “There’s no obvious signs of anything happening in the car.” Fregia said a child’s car seat was found inside, but Maleah has not been found.
What police are working on
  • Checking video: Officers are checking surveillance video at stores in the shopping center to see if they can determine when the vehicle was dropped off and by whom, Fregia said. He said the vehicle will be towed to the crime lab and processed by technicians, who will dust for fingerprints.
  • Talking to the family: Fregia said investigators have not been able to reach Maleah's stepfather and that they would like for him to help assemble a sketch of the people who he says were involved in the abduction. Investigators have said Maleah’s stepfather is a person of interest in connection with her disappearance, citing inconsistencies in his story about how she was taken. Court documents show Maleah's maternal grandmother has requested that the children stay in her care.
VIDEO: Police discuss discovery of car

[...]
So he's not cooperating. Is Mom going to urge him to cooperate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard