Presumed Located AZ - Dongdi "Jason" Wu, 23, Tempe, Maricopa County, 24 Jan 2019

I read upthread that his dog was found at a shelter. Who delivered the dog to the shelter? Was it Jason, surrending him prior to self-harm or going into hiding? Was it someone who found the dog wandering, and if so where?
I haven't found any explanation iirc.

They want him found, but they are not releasing every detail about his disappearance.

I put a news report written in Chinese through a translator, and see there is strange info not in the US reports:

According to police investigations, around 10 am that day, Wu Dongdi bought cigarettes, chargers and a bottle of water at a CVS store.

From 3 am to 1 pm for 3 hours, Wu visited the CVS store three times and asked the owner for directions. After leaving the CVS store for the third time, Wu Dongdi went east to the baseline direction and disappeared.

Note—The “From 3 am to 1 pm for 3 hours” didn’t make sense, so when I put that paragraph into Bing’s translator, it made more sense as it translated it as: “Within 3 hours from 10 o'clock in the morning to 1 o'clock in the afternoon”.

Where was he asking directions to, I wish we knew. That seems very key.
So, he was on foot at this point, having already abandoned his car? Wasn’t it stated that his car had been found 1/24 at 5 am?

news.have8.tv
本打算春节前回国的华人留学生,却莫名失踪了...(组图) - 有吧新闻

I’m having trouble piecing together his timeline of events.
What do you think, this about right?
Everything occurred on Thurs, Jan 27.
12am, He left his Tempe apt with his dog, driving his Maserati car.
3:40am, He messaged his gf saying don’t worry, he’ll be back.
5am, His abandoned car was found at South Mountain Park, slightly damaged. So, Jason had already been there and left.
10am-1pm, went to CVS 3 times, perhaps bought water, and asked for directions
12 noon, he bought cigs and a phone charger at a store at 16th and Baseline (Smokeland).
Sometime after that, in the “middle of the day” according to the Fox10 reporter he was seen at that gated community (Legacy Mountain homes).

Unknown: how his dog ended up at a shelter. (Poor dog! If only dogs could talk).
What was Jason upset about? Gf? Dog? Did he mean to get rid of his dog by “dumping” it somewhere?
Hard to make sense of his movements. Sigh.

I put a news report written in Chinese through a translator, and see there is strange info not in the US reports:

Note—The “From 3 am to 1 pm for 3 hours” didn’t make sense, so when I put that paragraph into Bing’s translator, it made more sense as it translated it as: “Within 3 hours from 10 o'clock in the morning to 1 o'clock in the afternoon”.

Where was he asking directions to, I wish we knew. That seems very key.
So, he was on foot at this point, having already abandoned his car? Wasn’t it stated that his car had been found 1/24 at 5 am?

news.have8.tv
本打算春节前回国的华人留学生,却莫名失踪了...(组图) - 有吧新闻
BBM - Yes the other translation is correct. (I can read/write Chinese) I would perhaps say "for 3 hours from 10am to 1pm..."

I had previously posted that there was a Chinese American paper that had a lot more info. I wasn't sure if it was MSM so I didn't post the link, or repeat what it said.

That publication had interviewed his friends in more detail. This website probably copied the content from there. Too bad, I haven't been able to locate the original article afterwards. So this one will do for now.

IMO the extra takeout is this:

吴东迪最后一次手机卫星信号定位在距离Arizona Mills购物中心,48th Street/E Baseline Road交叉口。根据监控视频线索,吴东迪最后一次出现在16th Street。

Translation: The last time his cell ping was located from Arizona Mills shopping mall, at the junction of 48th Street/E Baseline Road. According to Cctv evidence, he last appeared at 16th Street.

..Now we know he actually was last located opposite the fire station at 42nd Place.

Maybe his phone could still ping over to the shopping mall from there. Wasn't far away.

Or the phone was in fact dropped at the mall? At the junction? Or used up power? Was he trying to charge it at the mall?

I am guessing LE should know a bit more, since there must be more cctv's near the mall, and the fire station. But there is no more information from them, other than the initial missing descriptions? So they are not looking for any one seen with him? Any car that was spotted leaving the area? He just disappeared without a trace after located at the construction site? Did workers spotted him alone?

And more than 3 months later, no answers, no tips....??

The luxury homes, I believe, are half way between the mall and the smokeshop. I am sure that they are on or around the Legacy Golf Resort area.
But, the park where his car was found it quite a distance... see map

View attachment 183461

Google Maps
My money would be on this development :)

https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/arizona/phoenix/phoenix/legacy-mountain-villas

Capture+_2019-05-10-20-37-10.png

And fire station is on the west of this site, on 42nd Place.

If Fox10 is right with facts, I can imagine this site has been searched already.

Attention Via Marple! If you are here we could really use your ability to read Chinese. Or anyone else? This news article is written in Chinese. I hit the translation prompt and one sentence got my attention. The translation says:

In the early hours of the morning, after saying goodbye to his girlfriend, he left the apartment in Tempe, Phoenix, parked his car on the side of the road, and threw the dog into the shelter.”

This the original sentence, in Chinese:
当天凌晨,他与女友道别后,离开了位于凤凰城坦佩的公寓,把车停在路边,宠物狗扔进庇护所。

The link to the complete article:
( bjnews.com.cn/news/2019/05/13/578347.html )
中国留学生在美失踪超3月续:曾获双学位 校方协助调查

The “threw the dog into the shelter” part is the part that got my attention, and wonder if you could tell us if that’s the the actual connotation.

Up until this we hadn’t heard how the dog came to be at the shelter. We’ve all wondered: did Jason turn in the dog, or was the dog found wandering by someone else who picked it up and kindly turned it over to the shelter so it’s owner could find it.

Attention Via Marple! If you are here we could really use your ability to read Chinese. Or anyone else? This news article is written in Chinese. I hit the translation prompt and one sentence got my attention. The translation says:

In the early hours of the morning, after saying goodbye to his girlfriend, he left the apartment in Tempe, Phoenix, parked his car on the side of the road, and threw the dog into the shelter.”

The “threw the dog into the shelter” part is the part that got my attention, and wonder if you could tell us if that’s the the actual connotation.

Up until this we hadn’t heard how the dog came to be at the shelter. We’ve all wondered: did Jason turn in the dog, or was the dog found wandering by someone else who picked it up and kindly turned it over to the shelter so it’s owner could find it.
@Via Marple help?

:eek::confused:

Thanks for picking up the report. The translation is correct. Good grief! He was up to something, or in a very depressed state of mind, if that was his own dog.

I am not familiar with that news outlet, don't know how good they are though. But they are affiliated with the Chinese government:
The Beijing News - Wikipedia

I am sensing that the Chinese government is starting to apply a bit more pressure on the locals to find Jason. This may be an unofficial pathway. Jason is not from Beijing.

Thanks, Via Marple. Yes, we haven’t read anywhere on US media that he turned in his dog to the shelter, so we shouldn't believe this without question to be fact based on one overseas report. But, gives us something to ponder over, nonetheless. It could be one more piece showing a troubled state of mind.

I was looking at his NamUs report (#MP55031), and it has a photo of him with his large lion tattoo on his left chest. The report doesn’t show pics of his other tattoos, but it says he has one of
“praying hands and the words "Peace and Love" on his right upper back” and
another “of "A33" on back of left ankle”.

Anyone see any significance to his tattoos? What could A33 refer to?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thanks, Via Marple. Yes, we haven’t read anywhere on US media that he turned in his dog to the shelter, so we shouldn't believe this without question to be fact based on one overseas report. But, gives us something to ponder over, nonetheless. It could be one more piece showing a troubled state of mind.

I was looking at his NamUs report (#MP55031), and it has a photo of him with his large lion tattoo on his left chest. The report doesn’t show pics of his other tattoos, but it says he has one of

Here's a media report that his dog was found at the shelter. Concerns grow for family and friends over missing Tempe man As far as the tattoo, given the praying hands I thought it might be from Acts 33, but the book of Acts in the Bible only has 28 chapters.

The descriptions on NAMUS seem to be based on that photo alone. But a flipped version seems to make more sense. Now I can read the word ELITE on the right side, and something like a Nike logo on the left. 2019-05-20 11.01.48.png

If true the image was flipped, the lion tattoo is on his right chest. Not that they have found any Asian male with that tattoo anywhere, I suspect.

Also what do you guys think about that band he wore on his wrist?

The descriptions on NAMUS seem to be based on that photo alone. But a flipped version seems to make more sense. Now I can read the word ELITE on the right side, and something like a Nike logo on the left. View attachment 185196

If true the image was flipped, the lion tattoo is on his right chest. Not that they have found any Asian male with that tattoo anywhere, I suspect.

Good investigative thinking, except on this video from Fox10 at around 00.12, a different pic of him with his tattoo again shows it on his left chest side. (I don’t know how to do a screen shot of it, sorry.)
More than 3 months later, family of missing Chinese ASU student still searching for answers
Regarding the band on his wrist, I don’t know what that is. At first glance I thought it was like a hospital wrist band, but then there appears to be a white square like a watch, perhaps? Not as usual for a guy to wear pink, though, which is what the color appears to be.

Btw, I think that ELITE logo might be a kind of stylized one that was designed to be read turned upside down, too . Or maybe it’s meant to look like it’s written in Asian characters.

No new news that I could find. It’s been too long.

I wonder if the gf took back the dog from the shelter? I worry about pets involved in these missing cases, too.. Imagine their confusion and fear with what’s happened to their human loved one. I hope the dog is feeling safe and loved today.

The descriptions on NAMUS seem to be based on that photo alone. But a flipped version seems to make more sense. Now I can read the word ELITE on the right side, and something like a Nike logo on the left. View attachment 185196

could it be a music festival wristband?

There was a Full Moon Festival on the 19th of Jan (according to google). But, I don't think that there was much else going on around that time. That looks like it could be a hospital band. It looks more plastic that the paper ones you usually get going to a music concert, fair, etc... But, I guess it could be some sort of funky watch, also. That square facing the camera makes it look more like a watch. I wonder when that pic was taken. The band might be a mute point depending on that (unless it is a hospital band, of course.)

Good investigative thinking, except on this video from Fox10 at around 00.12, a different pic of him with his tattoo again shows it on his left chest side. (I don’t know how to do a screen shot of it, sorry.)
More than 3 months later, family of missing Chinese ASU student still searching for answers
Regarding the band on his wrist, I don’t know what that is. At first glance I thought it was like a hospital wrist band, but then there appears to be a white square like a watch, perhaps? Not as usual for a guy to wear pink, though, which is what the color appears to be.

Btw, I think that ELITE logo might be a kind of stylized one that was designed to be read turned upside down, too . Or maybe it’s meant to look like it’s written in Asian characters.

No new news that I could find. It’s been too long.

I wonder if the gf took back the dog from the shelter? I worry about pets involved in these missing cases, too.. Imagine their confusion and fear with what’s happened to their human loved one. I hope the dog is feeling safe and loved today.
Good catch on the video too! I hadn't watched it. I am happy to confirm that they have searched the building site, but not able to find him there.

Here is a clear image of the Nike Elite logo :
83082.jpg
https://www.bstn.com/en/p/nike-elite-sx7627-100-92361
You certainly read it upside down, left to right. ... but mirror image?:confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back