GUILTY UK - Joe McCann, multiple victims kidnapped & assaulted, April / May 2019

Apologies for unintended bolding.
Hearing held in jail after alleged serial rapist Joseph McCann refuses to go to court

Hearing held in jail after alleged serial rapist Joseph McCann refuses to go to court

The court crest is transported into the prison in an Argos bag after Joseph McCann refuses to attend or appear via a video link.
"McCann, 34, was arrested in Cheshire on Monday and faces 21 charges - eight rapes, four kidnaps, two false imprisonments, two assaults by penetration, one penetrative sexual activity with a child, two of causing nonsexual activity, one non-penetrative sexual activity with a child, and one actual bodily harm.

The charges relate to eight victims aged between 11 and 71. Three of them are children."
"Ten reporters watched as the chief magistrate walked in with her clerk and prosecution and defence lawyers.

She explained she and the lawyers were about to hold a private hearing with McCann somewhere inside the prison 200 yards away.

She said she would return to recount what we had missed, then left after asking Sky News if we would look after her green leather handbag. She said she wouldn't be allowed to take it in with her.

McCann did not cooperate, turning his back on magistrates and lawyers. He did not give his name when asked, leaving his lawyer to identify him.

His next hearing will be on 23 May at the Old Bailey and he was remanded in custody until then."

The charges relate to eight victims aged between 11 and 71. Three of them are children.

He certainly has no "type". Seems anybody will do for him.

Has anybody ever heard of such a case? Nine victims of basically any age group and in such a short amount of time? Very odd. Did he do drugs I wonder.

Court hearing reconvened at a prison after alleged rapist refuses to leave cell
“One victim was forced into a vehicle. He held her captive for something like 13 hours and she was raped many times.
While she was in the car a further person was grabbed and she also was sexually abused.”

Mr Turkson alleged that McCann had “latched onto someone” in a bar then went to her home address when her male companion had left.

“He tied her up and then subjected her 17-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son to various sexual offences, including rape,” he said.

“Later that same day he abducted and kidnapped a 71-year-old woman, forced her into the passenger seat of her own vehicle and he drove her around.

“He raped her and then later enticed others into the car including a 13-year-old girl.”

Judge visits serial rape accused in jail
Joseph McCann is accused of 21 offences:

• Kidnap (20-23 April)
  • Rape of a woman 16 years of age or over (20-23 April)
  • Kidnap - (24-27 April)
  • False imprisonment (24-27 April)
  • Rape of a woman 16 years of age or over (24-27 April)
  • Cause a female 13 or over to engage in a non-penetrative sexual activity (24-27 April)
  • Kidnap (24-27 April)
  • Assault of a female 13 and over by penetration with part of body / a thing (24-27 April)
  • Cause a female 13 or over to engage in a non penetrative sexual activity (24-27 April)
  • False imprisonment (5 May)
  • Assault a person thereby occasioning them actual bodily harm (5 May)
  • Rape of a woman 16 years of age or over (5 May)
  • Assault a female 13 and over by penetration with part of body / a thing (5 May)
  • Rape of a boy under 13 (5 May)
  • Cause / incite a boy under 13 to engage in sexual activity - penetration (5 May)
  • Kidnap (5 May)
  • Rape of a woman 16 years of age or over (5 May)
  • Engage in non penetrative sexual activity with girl 13 to 15 (5 May)

firing squad

Now, you know we don't do that over here, but yeah...

I reckon he'll get a LONG sentence this time and probably won't last long in there. Assuming he's found guilty he's offended basically every hardened criminal who has a son / daughter / sister / mother / grandma. The minute he's out of isolation (if ever) there are a few people who might want a chat with him.

Just unbelievable. What a vile, sick person.

Another oddity: he didn't seem to worry about getting caught at all. Thank God for that!

He's 34 and has spent about 10 years of his life in prison, no? He probably has no skills and no will to live a normal life, plus no empathy for anyone. My guess is he knew he'd be back in prison in no time, so he decided to have as much "fun" as he could before he got caught.

Massive kudos to the women who escaped, the workers who helped them and the incredibly brave taxi driver. Since these are random attacks and the victims didn't know him, it could have taken even longer to apprehend him if it wasn't for those brave people.

rbbm.
Potential key witness in double child rape investigation sought by police
"A WOMAN who may be a witness is being sought by police as part of a double child rape investigation.

Detectives are investigating the false imprisonment of a woman and the rape of a boy and teenage girl, in Haslingden, and are trying to find a woman they believe is a potential key witness.

It was reported a woman had been falsely imprisoned and a girl and a boy were sexually assaulted at an address in the town on Sunday, May 5, at around 8am.

Officers now want to speak to a woman who was thought to have spoken to a man at a bus stop in Broadway, Haslingden, at around 10.40am on the same day.

The pair sat separately on the X41 bus they boarded which travelled from Accrington to Manchester."

Detective chief inspector Zoe Russo said: "This was a truly horrendous attack on two children and a woman and our enquiries are continuing.

"Specially trained officers will continue to offer support to the victims".

"As part of our on-going enquiries we need to trace the woman described so that we can speak to her as a key witness.

"We know she conversed with a man at the bus stop on Broadway.

"If you think this was you, please make contact with us as soon as possible."
Anyone with information can call the police on 101 and quote log reference 541 of May 5."

Absolutely horrific reading the details.

He certainly has no "type". Seems anybody will do for him.

Has anybody ever heard of such a case? Nine victims of basically any age group and in such a short amount of time? Very odd. Did he do drugs I wonder.

From his victimology overall he seemed to gravitate to younger teen girls. But yes, very different age groups and even gender is quite rare. I know of maybe only 2 instances, in the past, where gender and age did not matter.

Short amount of time or rampage phase is not that rare though. Many rapist or killers went suddenly on rampage for few weeks or months before being caught. It is usually triggered by something though. Hence I wonder what happened here. Please correct me someone, was he released by mistake in 2017 or only this February? I saw conflicting reports on that, so not sure.

I don't think drugs is cause here at all, even though he might have been under some influence. From psychology I wonder if he has borderline personality disorder, no empathy and strong sexual urges. On top of that add some proper messed up past.

May 5 at 8am? He's an early bird....

ETA thinking about Leah

Yes, I am thinking of Leah Croucher's case too. So young and innocent. Geographically Milton Keynes is a bit out of his way (I think. Need to check map again).
If he was released in February, do we know exactly when and where from??? It is a bit of stretch theory, but could she have been his trigger? Did he kidnap her just when he was released? Did something went horribly wrong there and he did not care at all afterwords?

Leah disappeared on February 14th.
UK - UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019

Last edited:
Absolutely horrific reading the details.

From his victimology overall he seemed to gravitate to younger teen girls. But yes, very different age groups and even gender is quite rare. I know of maybe only 2 instances, in the past, where gender and age did not matter.

Short amount of time or rampage phase is not that rare though. Many rapist or killers went suddenly on rampage for few weeks or months before being caught. It is usually triggered by something though. Hence I wonder what happened here. Please correct me someone, was he released by mistake in 2017 or only this February? I saw conflicting reports on that, so not sure.

I don't think drugs is cause here at all, even though he might have been under some influence. From psychology I wonder if he has borderline personality disorder, no empathy and strong sexual urges. On top of that add some proper messed up past.

Yes, I am thinking of Leah Croucher's case too. So young and innocent. Geographically Milton Keynes is a bit out of his way (I think. Need to check map again).
If he was released in February, do we know exactly when and where from??? It is a bit of stretch theory, but could she have been his trigger? Did he kidnap her just when he was released? Did something went horribly wrong there and he did not care at all afterwords?

Leah disappeared on February 14th.
UK - UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019
That's definitely one theory. I am local to Leah and also the prison this guy was released from. MSM reports he is from Aylesbury which is 25 mins drive from where Leah was abducted. He was released Feb 2019 but the exact date in unclear. We know he committed crimes in Watford during his spree, which is approx 45 mins from Leah too. Crucial point is, was he released before the 15th Feb?

For what was he in prison before? Sorry if this was discussed and I overlooked it.

If he took Leah he would have killed her too, but all of the current victims are alive and not missing. For that reason I don't think he's involved in Leah's disappearance. Jmo and I could well be wrong.

For what was he in prison before? Sorry if this was discussed and I overlooked it.

If he took Leah he would have killed her too, but all of the current victims are alive and not missing. For that reason I don't think he's involved in Leah's disappearance. Jmo and I could well be wrong.
Rbbm. LOL!
September 2008
Burglar jailed for knife threat to pensioner
"23-year-old given indefinate sentence at Luton Crown Court.
A burglar who invaded the home of a frail 85-year-old man living alone and threatened to stab him while stealing property has been given an indefinite sentence.
Joseph McCann, 23, pleaded guilty to the aggravated burglary at the house in Cotton End, Beds, on December 27 last year.
Bill McGivern told Luton Crown Court on Friday that the victim was watching television when he heard a noise and saw McCann enter his home after breaking through a side door.
"He said he wanted money and produced a knife and said 'give me money or I will knife you'," said Mr McGivern."

"When arrested, he said: "This is b......." and demanded facial mapping for the CCTV."

"Francis O'Toole, defending, said: "He is thoroughly ashamed of what he did. It is his goal to lead a crime-free life and provide for his family legitimately.

"His partner had her first child but he could not be present because he was in prison. Her second child is due very soon and again he won't be at the birth."

Thank you dotr!

Oh dear he has a pregnant partner and a child? How does she feel now I wonder :confused:

That was at the time of the burglary in 2008. Even the younger kid would be 10 years old by now.

I'm a bit murky on the details still, but it seems he's been convicted at least three times before this arrest. None of the earlier ones seem to have been for sexual violence. I think the wrong release was the latest one after a fairly short stint in prison, and that he was released according to procedure last year after a much longer sentence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back