SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

I would just like to say I’m still reading these comments and I have to say they have become a lot more supportive than they previously were.
And I thank everyone who is helping and wants to help.

I’d like to think that yes I am maybe naive and I think there’s more than not just what I know and but the whole family.
One thing I know for certain is that my dad wouldn’t put my brother in a position of danger and I can say from the bottom of my heart that their disappearance is against both their will, unplanned and unexpected.

Police have been given every piece of information we know and more. I know people are trying to presume that as a family we know more than what meets the eye, this isn’t certainly not the case, and if it were would we be happy with them going away?
I have lost a lot in life and I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to lose my dad and brother too.

I have taken all comments on advice on board and I have followed as much as I can and I believe I was able to help by getting the REG out there, I’m guided by police of course so if there’s anything I haven’t done I’m sure you’re smart enough to know that it’s not because of any choice of my own.

Thank you again for helpful comments of support. It’s been a hard time but as mentioned above I am staying strong and hopeful for my little brother.

Will keep following
You're handling things to the best of your ability, Lauryn, and I think you're doing a remarkable job. My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope you soon get the answers you need to be able to move forwards. I'm sure the majority of people on this site cannot begin to imagine how they'd hold up in a situation such as the one you've been thrown into, and I think you're incredibly brave and so strong to be doing so well under the circumstances. We are all here for you.

@Laurynpoole - has the family hired a private investigator? This can be particularly helpful when dealing with disappearances in foreign jurisdictions. If you would like some resources, I can connect you with attorneys in Spain. (My former law firm is a global firm with offices in Spain and London). They would be able to provide recommendations for non-shady (ie non-dodgy) private investigators.

You are doing everything you possibly can. Know that. If love could bring your brother home, he would be back with you. I agree that their absence is in all probability involuntary. It never made sense to me that they would have run off to start a new life.

@Laurynpoole - has the family hired a private investigator? This can be particularly helpful when dealing with disappearances in foreign jurisdictions. If you would like some resources, I can connect you with attorneys in Spain. (My former law firm is a global firm with offices in Spain and London). They would be able to provide recommendations for non-shady (ie non-dodgy) private investigators.

You are doing everything you possibly can. Know that. If love could bring your brother home, he would be back with you. I agree that their absence is in all probability involuntary. It never made sense to me that they would have run off to start a new life.

That would be great, anything in which you’ll need to discuss with me in private, if you take my email laurynpoole99@gmail.com
I’m happy for you to email me some resources.
I agree a private detector would be great, non dodgy would be even better.
Money is a concern at the moment though so perhaps you could help with a rough idea on what these kind of resources cost.
Thank you!

That would be great, anything in which you’ll need to discuss with me in private, if you take my email laurynpoole99@gmail.com
I’m happy for you to email me some resources.
I agree a private detector would be great, non dodgy would be even better.
Money is a concern at the moment though so perhaps you could help with a rough idea on what these kind of resources cost.
Thank you!
I will email you and we can discuss. One of my partners is fluent in Spanish and has great relationships in Spain. I will talk with him this morning. I would hope we can find someone willing to help on reduced cost or for free. At the least, the lawyers I know will be able to give you a legal Spanish perspective free of charge.

Sorry, one more question. Have you been in contact with Scotland Yard? Another resource may be to hire a retired MI6 agent. British intelligence is superior in my opinion to all other intelligence agencies when it comes to gathering information and performing covert investigations in Europe. Maybe there is such a retired agent with experience in Spain? I will google and see what I can find. I would think retired MI6 would be willing to volunteer time and resources to assist fellow Brits.

I will email you and we can discuss. One of my partners is fluent in Spanish and has great relationships in Spain. I will talk with him this morning. I would hope we can find someone willing to help on reduced cost or for free. At the least, the lawyers I know will be able to give you a legal Spanish perspective free of charge.

Sorry, one more question. Have you been in contact with Scotland Yard? Another resource may be to hire a retired MI6 agent. British intelligence is superior in my opinion to all other intelligence agencies when it comes to gathering information and performing covert investigations in Europe. Maybe there is such a retired agent with experience in Spain? I will google and see what I can find. I would think retired MI6 would be willing to volunteer time and resources to assist fellow Brits.

I think this would be amazing, and definitely the right thing to do, it must be so hard to get anywhere with the spanish police and the poor family need answers desperately. Someone on the ground there may be able to get some answers for Lauren. This is the most helpful post i've seen on here, and it's fantastic someone like you LVatty10 are able to advise and help.

I think this would be amazing, and definitely the right thing to do, it must be so hard to get anywhere with the spanish police and the poor family need answers desperately. Someone on the ground there may be able to get some answers for Lauren. This is the most helpful post i've seen on here, and it's fantastic someone like you LVatty10 are able to advise and help.
I agree, it's good for the family to do whatever they can to raise community concern and interest about their missing loved ones.

I think it's also important to be positive about the efforts of police, even if they aren't telling the family everything.

For eg, it seems to me, if this was related to drugs, it's very unlikely they were acting alone. You have to have a web of contacts and connections at both the buying and selling end, it's all done through personal relationships. So there may be a police informant, especially at the British end, and then police would have to keep it all very secret.

My other comment is that, in missing person's cases I've seen, it always turns out that those who went missing really didn't have the slightest awareness that there was going to be a problem, or that the situation was unsafe. Whether they got lost hiking, or got romantically involved with an abusive man, etc, they didn't perceive it as being unsafe, and it's unfair to blame the victim for not having perfect hindsight. IMO, the biggest risk in the drug world is getting caught, and that's pretty unlikely, given the free flow of drugs to the literally millions of people in Europe who use them.

I would just like to say I’m still reading these comments and I have to say they have become a lot more supportive than they previously were.
And I thank everyone who is helping and wants to help.

I’d like to think that yes I am maybe naive and I think there’s more than not just what I know and but the whole family.
One thing I know for certain is that my dad wouldn’t put my brother in a position of danger and I can say from the bottom of my heart that their disappearance is against both their will, unplanned and unexpected.

Police have been given every piece of information we know and more. I know people are trying to presume that as a family we know more than what meets the eye, this isn’t certainly not the case, and if it were would we be happy with them going away?
I have lost a lot in life and I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to lose my dad and brother too.

I have taken all comments on advice on board and I have followed as much as I can and I believe I was able to help by getting the REG out there, I’m guided by police of course so if there’s anything I haven’t done I’m sure you’re smart enough to know that it’s not because of any choice of my own.

Thank you again for helpful comments of support. It’s been a hard time but as mentioned above I am staying strong and hopeful for my little brother.

Will keep following

Hi, I'm new here but live 40 minutes inland from Estepona, this case isn't really a hot topic here, several people I've mentioned it to hadn't heard about it, but one lady I spoke to at a social gathering, non- English, exclaimed Oh! These men do they have any knowledge of hydroponics? My friends husband who knew about cultivating marijuana was kidnapped by a gang and taken miles out into the countryside to an isolated farm and told as soon as he grew the crops to their full potential he would be freed. He had no contact whatsoever with the outside world. No phone, nothing! After 5 months he was taken to a release point, others were moved to different locations to continue growing marijuana. I found this tale most interesting.

The post you refer to has no bearing on this case

Her mother did not respond to this personal attack and shortly afterwards she could not be found on Facebook
She has a life limiting illness and readily admits its self inflicted

She is not responsible for whatever has happened to her son her x husband Daniel is

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here but live 40 minutes inland from Estepona, this case isn't really a hot topic here, several people I've mentioned it to hadn't heard about it, but one lady I spoke to at a social gathering, non- English, exclaimed Oh! These men do they have any knowledge of hydroponics? My friends husband who knew about cultivating marijuana was kidnapped by a gang and taken miles out into the countryside to an isolated farm and told as soon as he grew the crops to their full potential he would be freed. He had no contact whatsoever with the outside world. No phone, nothing! After 5 months he was taken to a release point, others were moved to different locations to continue growing marijuana. I found this tale most interesting.

Very interesting to hear this.

From research we found the the garage Daniel Poole works for is based in the same location as a hydroponics company. I don't know whether he or Liam have any connection to it.

You spoke to a woman whose husband was kidnapped for five months with no news at all?? Or did this happen before they got together?
I'm really amazed because I would have fled the area as soon as it became clear what had happened - nothing stops these groups from kidnapping the husband again IMHO.

The hyproponics angle is an interesting one, till now Liam was not considered the main person of interest, or of equal interest if Daniel has knowledge of hydroponics as well.

IMHO a remote place in the countryside could be a part of the puzzle, whether they went there or their own accord, or were taken there for whatever reason.

You spoke to a woman whose husband was kidnapped for five months with no news at all?? Or did this happen before they got together?
I'm really amazed because I would have fled the area as soon as it became clear what had happened - nothing stops these groups from kidnapping the husband again IMHO.

The hyproponics angle is an interesting one, till now Liam was not considered the main person of interest, or of equal interest if Daniel has knowledge of hydroponics as well.

IMHO a remote place in the countryside could be a part of the puzzle, whether they went there or their own accord, or were taken there for whatever reason.

Not her husband, her friends husband.

Very interesting to hear this.

From research we found the the garage Daniel Poole works for is based in the same location as a hydroponics company. I don't know whether he or Liam have any connection to it.

That's interesting, I'm sure Liam and Lauryn's other brother had put on Facebook that he either works at or runs the hydroponics farm you are referring to. I went to look and now it just says he works at the Cowfold car place instead. I'm sure he has updated this but I could be wrong. Either way, yes they do have a strong link to hydroponics so that is very interesting.

He does still have posts about the hydroponics farm lower down on his FB page.

Last edited:
The post you refer to has no bearing on this case

Her mother did not respond to this personal attack and shortly afterwards she could not be found on Facebook
She has a life limiting illness and readily admits its self inflicted

She is not responsible for whatever has happened to her son her x husband Daniel is

I don't think anyone is insinuating that she has anything to do with their disappearance. It's just that having some knowledge of the family dynamics and history can be enlightening as to what realistically could have happened to them or the sort of thing they might have become caught up in. There are clearly links to drugs within the family so that unfortunately makes it a real possibility that this is somehow drug related. That doesn't mean that whatever has happened is their "fault" necessarily, I don't think we know enough to say either way yet.

This is an old news link, circa 1987, which has nothing to do with this case, but wondering if the description of the area and its residents is still applicable now?
Police Rescue Kidnapped Girl on Costa del Sol
"The kidnapping drew attention to the seamier side of the Costa del Sol, where Middle Eastern arms dealers, Saudi princes, West German nobility and suspected British bank robbers have luxury homes and frequent lavish restaurants and clubs on the ″Golden Mile″ of real estate between Estepona and Marbella."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back