Found Deceased AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a general statement and not directed at you, theides. But I'm going to be pedantic and I rarely defend journalists but I don't think the initial reporter's report was incorrect either. I think they did always say "a car pulls in..." describing the scene. Imagine you are outside my office looking in the window. The curtains are drawn and you just see a silhouette. Every 10 minutes I walk past the window and all you can see is a shadow. You might count 10 times you saw the shadow at the window and say, "10 people walked in and out of Alethea's office last night." If you asked my secretary, who is inside in the light, she would say "I saw Alethea walk in and out of her office 10 times last night."

So I don't really think anything we've heard has been incorrect reporting. I think the reporters just recounted what they saw on the video, which is dark. If this reporter got confirmation from LE that there were only two cars, and car 1 did infact do a loop around the gas pumps, then that's what happened I guess.

I would like LE make a statement about this though. Hopefully we have some news soon.
That is fair! And you are correct, they did not say Car 1, Car 2, Car 3. Just "another car pulls in."

I'd like to hear it directly from LE too.

Last edited:
If car 1 and 3 are the same, then we know exactly what happened that night. Danni and her friend disabled her GPS, she abandoned her phone, she drove into the water. End of story.
I don't think that's the only conclusion that can be drawn. There are many possible scenarios provided Car 1 and Car 3 are the same, as James claims he heard from the police.

Starting with the GPS (and again, these are if Car 1 & 3 are indeed the same):
  • DNV disabled the GPS purposefully
  • "Friend" disabled the GPS purposefully
  • DNV and "friend" disabled the GPS purposefully together
  • DNV accidentally disabled the GPS (if it simply plugs in under the dash, she's inebriated perhaps and frantically looking for her phone - I wonder if she could have jostled it just enough for it to stop transmitting?)
  • A terrible coincidence occurred, and the GPS itself malfunctions
After the cars leave the Shell station, anything could have happened. We have no idea where all she could have gone or what she could have done between leaving the Shell and her car ending up off the boat ramp. Maybe she decided to stop by her apartment on the way back and something happened there. Maybe she went a completely different direction. Maybe she met up with someone. Maybe she did drive herself all the way to the boat ramp. There's not just one absolute scenario. I will say that it would be a tragic string of coincidences that she'd lose her phone, the GPS would shut off, etc. if it were crime of opportunity.

If DNV or DW did disable the GPS then why?

Options:

1. DNV disables gps and decides to end it all. I find this highly unlikely. What a horrible way to go. I’d think there are far better options if the plan was to end it.

2. Her friend there disables it in a plan to do something to her. But he doesn’t because he goes back to the bar to find the phone, is out the rest of the night and returns his rental car late that night. His whereabouts are accounted for.

3. They disable it together. So DNV can steal it??? Why then end up in water?

What other reason could there be for disabling the gps??? Let’s say they did. I can’t find a reason that would make sense as to why.

I think it’s likely LE isn’t mentioning a third card but there is a third car. Not uncommon for LE to leave details undisclosed in an active investigation.

Moo

Options:

1. DNV disables gps and decides to end it all. I find this highly unlikely. What a horrible way to go. I’d think there are far better options if the plan was to end it.

2. Her friend there disables it in a plan to do something to her. But he doesn’t because he goes back to the bar to find the phone, is out the rest of the night and returns his rental car late that night. His whereabouts are accounted for.

What other reason could there be for disabling the gps??? Let’s say they did. I can’t find a reason that would make sense as to why.

I think it’s likely LE isn’t mentioning a third card but there is a third car. Not uncommon for LE to leave details undisclosed in an active investigation.

Moo
If DNV disabled the GPS, I believe it was done accidentally searching for her phone. If the wiring was unsecure, could that happen?

If DNV disabled the GPS, I believe it was done accidentally searching for her phone. If the wiring was unsecure, could that happen?
So from a search I found that you can disable a gps pretty easily by removing the battery or the device itself. So I don’t know? Just yank it out??

If car 1 and 3 are the same, then we know exactly what happened that night. Danni and her friend disabled her GPS, she abandoned her phone, she drove into the water. End of story.

Hey hey hey let’s not go there yet! (Saying this like as a friend hey pal let’s not let our minds go to that conclusion)

What if dnv just didn’t want to be tracked or was worried the wrong people would be tracking her? They’re in a small community and DNV had people in her life she wanted to distance herself from IMO.
Maybe she wasn’t thinking clearly and was like f this tracker on my car!
We don’t know what happened after the two cars left Shell. Anything could have happened. I’m not ready to assume if car 1 and car 3 are the same car to say this was on purpose and she did this all on her own. JMO as I said before if that were the case I really think DW would have told LE that and I think LE would have basically closed the case.
Ugh I wish we could get an update. I wish we could see the surveillance footage.
I think it’s obvious LE doesn’t think DNV disabled her gps and drove her car into the water. If they did I think they would be more forthcoming with information and wouldn’t have been SO careful taking her car out of the water and wouldn’t be investigating this as a homicide right???
All JMO

Options:

Moo

That’s what I’m stuck on too. If she wanted to kill herself, she’s living with a heroin addict so there are some pretty painless ways to go right there. Without a note or letter to her daughter? Right after writing a list of goals - both long and short term - for herself? It doesn’t make sense.

If DW was car 1 and car 3 why would he have pulled out just to pull right back in?? That makes no sense at all. I think there was a 3rd car involved period
Perhaps they agreed to go back to Dublin and she didn’t follow when DE pulled out the first time. He circled back to see why she wasn’t following?

I also think it's hard to be completely objective after seeing the circus of the past 9 months. This is not Danniella's mother or family. This is the family of her abusive ex. If you are new to the thread you may want to take a look at the past threads while we wait for an update from MPD.
I’m a local and not new but thank you. I have not stayed updated on this case simply because from what I’ve seen MPD tends to do nothing until a body is found.

Wait a minute, did someone mention early on that she might have been so drunk that she drove into the water? I know that was discussed here, but now I'm curious about who first made the suggestion.
I made the suggestion in the fb group months ago due to the large amounts of water in our area. I didn’t say she was drunk though.

Just fyi if anyone was curious the time stamps on the surveillance video reported by NBC15 Exclusive: Surveillance video may show missing Mobile mother

11:05 2 cars pull into Shell Station (car 1 DW and car 2 DNV)
11:07 one car leaves (car 1 DW)
11:08 another car pulls in (car 3 mystery person)
11:24 both cars leave
That gives someone 16 minutes to disable the gps tracker on DNV's car

There is just no way that you can't see people out of the car(s) or make out how many people were there and generally what they are doing in the surveillance video. Oh I wish they would release it!!

Also JDT isn't DNV's mother in law. DNV and TT were not married (thank goodness), I know we had some discussion months ago about "well it's easier" (which was also JDT's justification for going by mother in law when she was finally called out on it) but I just don't want to give JDT that title that she so badly wanted to portray for the media early on. Ex-boyfriend's mom or JDT or baby's grandmother? JMO
I would be interested in seeing how those numbers line up with the pings from the cars GPS. MPD has referred to the GPS and pings. So that means it only updates locations every so often and sometimes the pings can be off in their location placement and give more of a general area.Also the third car is speculated to be the first car that was seen driving g off.

Perhaps they agreed to go back to Dublin and she didn’t follow when DE pulled out the first time. He circled back to see why she wasn’t following?

So if they agreed to go back to Dublins together to get her phone what changed in that instant to make her decide to remove the GPS tracker and disappear?? I just can't get there. I hope DW is being/has been forthright with LE. It's been a week since the car was found and we've heard NOTHING from LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend