Not open for further replies.
Ok, everyone,

Please tell me, in your opinion--
How many killers you think did this horrific crime,
Male and/ or female and how many?

Do you think this case will be solved?

Thanks!

JMO

2 males and 1 female. Yes this case will be solved. It might take 5 more years but it will be solved. I’ll be at the lake soon and will do my Go Pro jet ski tour.

Seems nothing has done that, yet anyway if that, small clue was overlooked

SS has said extortion from the get go,....

DG is right, being we aren't of the perps mindset, as I've said before also, we can't understand or really know What someone of this mindset is thinking, we certainly know what they are capale of

I tend to think money was the motivator unless it was the cult wrecking havoc in SS nerves

Seems we have stereotypes for this crime and none fit, not even th family motive due to beheading people think they or the hired hit would do
I think about another case I followed, and wonder if it could be the same *type* of thing.

Where somewhere in the past, there was a person who felt he got shafted, and can't let it go. Perhaps it didn't seem like a big deal (to anyone else who knew about it), but to him, it festered away, and grew and boiled.. and perhaps became the sole focus in life. Someone who felt somehow, right or wrong, 'entitled' to something which he did not get.

I'm thinking about the 'Liknes/O'Brien' case (Canada), where a rather awkward fellow harbored a private, years-long vendetta against 'Mr. Liknes' for injustices which nobody else gave a thought to, but for him, it was everything. It just so happened that the victim's wife and young grandson were in the home as well that night he chose, and they were 'collateral damage'. It seemed like it was related to the couple packing up, closing his business, and on the verge of moving away. Timing was of the essence.

If not for a security video cam at a nearby vacant home under construction (IIRC) catching a certain truck appearing a few times in the neighborhood that night, I'm not sure the guy would have been caught. From seeing a truck a few times, and putting it out publicly, and it being subsequently identified by a family member of the perp as being similar, it was the piece of information that started the ball rolling on allll of the other evidence. And man, was there a lot of evidence - they just needed that one piece to know where to start looking for it. He had massacred the family and taken their bodies in his truck. Police had virtually zero to run with, until noticing the repeated truck in the video. The guy now serves one of our first 75 year sentences (3x25-year sentences) under our newer law of 'consecutive' sentencing vs concurrent. The gruesome things he did to that family were on the same sort of scale as what happened to the Ds.

Think about the term 'going postal'. Could there be someone in that long list of NINETEEN fast-food franchises that held a deep and long-lasting grudge? Going postal - Wikipedia

Could timing have been of the essence in this case, due to SD's stated infirmities, the couple's age.. how long until they'd be living perhaps in a seniors village type of thing where it would be much more difficult to get access to them?

How the Man Who Committed One of Canada’s Most Gruesome Murders Was Caught

I wonder if LE obtained cell tower data from the nights in question. Would they be able to tell which phone-numbers were in the area that night? (Not sure that it works like that, but it seems to, based on other trials I've followed?)

Would love to get my hands on old personnel records to see if perhaps someone was fired at some point, whose life went in a tailspin afterward. Or records of potential business deals.. ones that perhaps didn't end up going ahead, or ones which may have been reneged upon.

Did *nobody* on the street have a video cam pointing out to their driveway which may have shown the roadway as well? Did *none* of the neighbours' video coverage of their boats, catch more of the lake than just their own docks?

Ok, everyone,

Please tell me, in your opinion--
How many killers you think did this horrific crime,
Male and/ or female and how many?

Do you think this case will be solved?

Thanks!

JMO
atleast 2, no it wont, they got what they came for

The sheriff said he suspects the Dermonds were slain by two or more killers motivated by money. He said it's possible the killers thought the couple had something of great value, and left empty-handed after realizing they were wrong.

Gruesome slaying of Georgia couple unsolved after 5 years
If they showed up on a fri NIGHT< saturday or sunday, banks were likely closed but not ATM only........didnt have an atm card so they didnt make it our of the driveway, cuz they'd have had to come by car if the perps thought they were going to the bank with the D's

but if that's the case, just kill them and leave..........

they hauled her off

cut his head off

something else is happening here it appears to me

I wonder if LE obtained cell tower data from the nights in question. Would they be able to tell which phone-numbers were in the area that night? (Not sure that it works like that, but it seems to, based on other trials I've followed?)

Would love to get my hands on old personnel records to see if perhaps someone was fired at some point, whose life went in a tailspin afterward. Or records of potential business deals.. ones that perhaps didn't end up going ahead, or ones which may have been reneged upon.

Did *nobody* on the street have a video cam pointing out to their driveway which may have shown the roadway as well? Did *none* of the neighbours' video coverage of their boats, catch more of the lake than just their own docks?
says he did, no one on the lake had any video pointing at the d's house or dock

says he did, no one on the lake had any video pointing at the d's house or dock
But what about footage perhaps catching out onto the open water in the area? Just because people don't have their cams focused on other people's properties doesn't mean they may not inadvertently catch watercraft just out on the water?

SS would never release key evidence to a reporter even if he trusted that reporter. There's now way anyone knows what evidence SS has. But the evidence he says he does have must be finger prints or dna

But what about footage perhaps catching out onto the open water in the area? Just because people don't have their cams focused on other people's properties doesn't mean they may not inadvertently catch watercraft just out on the water?

Unfortunately for the Dermonds people don’t have cameras at the lake. I mean how many people had home security cameras in 2014? I had one but it was wired and not convenient. I can’t think of more than one other person that I knew had them in 2014. Everyone does now.

Cameras are still not very popular at the lake.

Those have seen a massive increase as of late in homes but at that lake it’s usually a very relaxed vibe. Most people don’t lock their doors at lakes in Georgia either.

I have never, ever forgotten about this case.

Today, I saw a link to this story:

Sex Offender Accused Of Murdering Elderly Man With Sword Claims To Be A Serial Killer, Active Since Age 12

I waited a while before posting to see if any others caught wind of it, and not sure if it relevant, but he does make claims (that could be BS) about other murders, including in the state of Georgia. Take a look.

ETA: this article has more details of his path in Georgia.
Man wanted in grisly South Beach sword slaying confessed to six other murders, cops say

Last edited:
I am feeling mighty gruesome today!
Did they bring a bucket to put the head in? Premeditated.
Did they bring or use a trash bag from the garage? That would be theft. Fingerprints on the box, shelf or counter top?
How do you cut someone's head off, bag or bucket it, without blood dripping all over from knife or blood draining from head?
Was it done with the garage door open and then body dragged back in enough to shut garage door? Supposedly, no blood outside. Did they use a plastic bag or painter's tarp to catch the blood? That's where I assumed the outside man was cleaning up and washing the blood away.
I assume they could tell from the autopsy if MrD or MrsD died from a heart attack during the struggle.
If she was bashed in the head at the house, wouldn't there be blood?
He must have already been dead for awhile for blood not to pump or spurt out all over and the puddle on the garage floor must have been from what drained out the body.
Either SS is holding back a lot of info or they missed some clues in the investigation.

I dont recall ALL the details, I agree with you, I just remember him saying nothing was pointed at the Dermonds dock or house, only at the neighbors own boats and boat docks, and there are alot of boathouse robberies at Sinclair, Im would guess many Oconee residents on the lake have security cameras .....well, that being said, I wonder if Maples had a cam on her dock, if so, we'd now know then that there was no one boat docking over there and walking over tothe D's, but I dont know WHO all's properties had security.....

I dont recall ALL the details, I agree with you, I just remember him saying nothing was pointed at the Dermonds dock or house, only at the neighbors own boats and boat docks, and there are alot of boathouse robberies at Sinclair, Im would guess many Oconee residents on the lake have security cameras .....well, that being said, I wonder if Maples had a cam on her dock, if so, we'd now know then that there was no one boat docking over there and walking over tothe D's, but I dont know WHO all's properties had security.....

Cameras on docks in 2014 was extremely extremely rare. Boats are winterized 8 months of the year. While Oconee is not like Lake Burton where everyone basically has a dock that’s a waterfront 2 car garage with lifts. People still have docks with lifts.

It was just very hard to have a camera at a boat dock in 2014. It couldn’t be wireless back then. If this crime had happened this year maybe footage but in 2014 a member of REM had a camera at his boat dock. 95% of lake houses owners docks didn’t.

Cameras on docks in 2014 was extremely extremely rare. Boats are winterized 8 months of the year. While Oconee is not like Lake Burton where everyone basically has a dock that’s a waterfront 2 car garage with lifts. People still have docks with lifts.

It was just very hard to have a camera at a boat dock in 2014. It couldn’t be wireless back then. If this crime had happened this year maybe footage but in 2014 a member of REM had a camera at his boat dock. 95% of lake houses owners docks didn’t.
I know SS said he checked surrounding docks and found their sec cameras
were only pointed at their own dock and boat

You know, I have always wondered about the ease of access to Lake Oconee homes and docks. It makes sense the lake would be the escape route since Shirley’s body was found with weights in the lake. Just some thoughts, tonight.

Since the perp(s) maybe had access to a boat, it seems it would narrow down the profile of the killer(s) somewhat.

Im sure their were some on the houses pointed at their own docks.......if that were the case, they'd have seen comings and goings from that cove because that would be some distance from the dock and would likely give somewhat of a panoramic view.......but as far as we have been told, the sec cameras only showed images of their own docks and boats......pretty sure there was wireless in 2014, LOL, a friend of mine had cameras peppered all over her yard then. It's not 1914. I ordered the same , in 2015, some that she already had up. Distance makes a difference from your wifi too but there are extenders if you are using that.......but in the 2-3 years youve visited lake oconee once/twice a year and you never saw any?

Im sure their were some on the houses pointed at their own docks.......if that were the case, they'd have seen comings and goings from that cove because that would be some distance from the dock and would likely give somewhat of a panoramic view.......but as far as we have been told, the sec cameras only showed images of their own docks and boats......pretty sure there was wireless in 2014, LOL, a friend of mine had cameras peppered all over her yard then. It's not 1914. I ordered the same , in 2015, some that she already had up. Distance makes a difference from your wifi too but there are extenders if you are using that.......but in the 2-3 years youve visited lake oconee once/twice a year and you never saw any?

I’ve been to Oconee 25 times in the past 3 years and I’ve seen one security camera at a dock. An extender needs power. An extender also cuts your WiFi bandwith in half. WiFi at the lake is horrible to begin with so an extender would render a camera useless.

You’re right is not 1914 but I’m not talking about a house I’m talking about a dock. No WiFi cameras aren’t reaching docks in 2014.

I’ll restate what I said earlier. A member of R.E.M had a dock camera. I’ve never seen another dock camera anywhere near that cove.

Wired camera in 2014 would have local storage and not cloud storage. The R.E.M musician is worth probably 20 million dollars.

The sane estimate you had for the Dermonds 8 months ago when I said 2 or 3 million max. So no these families didn’t have $3000 security setups with camera in 2014.

I’ve currently have 10 Ring Floodligt cameras at my houses and in 2019 one on a house isn’t going to catch something happening over 50 feet away. Also they have these things called motion settings. You can set them for all motion or people. They wouldn’t pick out boat activity over 50 feet away on the water. The motion settings won’t extend that far.

Also let’s not forget that they still need one of two things. Internet in 2014 at the lake? Ha. Good luck. Sure add an extender and you’ve now rendered the WiFi bandwith useless. Local storage only that rolls over in 2014 after 2 days maximum since they could only take a 16g mircro sd card.

Anyway I rest my case. The crime didn’t happen in the times of cloud storage cameras. You bought yours in 2015 which wouldn’t have helped the Dermonds but thanks for proving my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa